Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sir, people hate the suicide squad game, they just want a new Batman Arkham game. Well then, let's give them exactly what they want evil maniacal laugh.

New Arkham game coming out, it's VR and exclusive to Meta Quest 3.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's Arkham in name only though. However the team behind it have made some decent VR stuff so could be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Got Sonic Superstars for 15 quid for PS5. Played it a bit and it brought back those disappointed MegaDrive memories for me, where it feels like you are trying to control a pinball in an indifferent world that just zooms by.

Have a few games to sell that haven't clicked with me.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Luna84

The Gunk is so good. I am really enjoying it. I'd say I'm about 70% through I think anyway. Just going by the upgrade counter in the Xbox dashboard for the achievement to get all upgrades I have one or two left to get. But maybe the game gives you the upgrades early and I'm only 50% through it who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PixelPlayer

Sorry for the misinformation. I could have sworn I saw it, maybe I was in the regular store instead. I sat down to install it today and I couldn't find it either.

• Advertisement

Finished The Gunk just now, really good game but unfortunately I missed a few achievements and also missed scanning one plant(once picked no way of scanning it) and a gunk enemy the attaches to the roof of room or cave(don't ask me why I never scanned it) and no way to get them apart from replaying the game which I cannot be bothered to do so soon. Over all a great game.

I must move onto Grounded now.

Playing grounded for over two hours. It's good but it's my first time playing a proper survival game. You have to eat, drink and sleep. I was wandering around looking for a place to set up camp and was short one item to build the hut, so annoying but I'm still enjoying myself. I'm kinda stuck but do not want to look up a guide.

Oooohhh is grounded like Subnautica? I never looked into it before as it wasn't on PlayStation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

From what my nephew says, no. It's Honey I Shrunk the Kids by all accounts. Spiders are the leviathans and that has put me straight off, due to self diagnosed arachnophobia… But it is supposed to be a great game. It's set in a back yard.

I never play Subnautica but in Grounded it like honey I shrink the kids where you are small and roaming around the garden with all full size insects. It's good. Large spiders are what you have to look out for at the minute as they shoot their web and you get stuck and then kill you I have no idea about further into the game but I have a feeling there will be other more difficult enemies. I went in blind and do not want to look up any guides or cheat guides to help me along even though I am kinda stuck on where to go, well I got to the door but it's locked so there is obviously another way to get in that I have yet to find.

• Advertisement

Spiders are the leviathans and that has put me straight off, due to self diagnosed arachnophobia

They have you covered. That comes before you start the game. There are a load of different modes(fear of spiders is one) some of the easy modes turn off achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Well its similar in that it's a survival based crafting game but with a multiplayer option. Set in the backyard where you have been shrunk. Also has an arachnophobia mode which turns spiders in floating orbs with eyes.

Actually sounds cool, must put it on my list to check out.

It is a cool game. I'm currently playing it right now took a quick break to look into boards.ie. I manged to find the way into the lab. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone but it was a bit of an ordeal to get there. And the door I mentioned a few posts up that was locked is how I exited the place. It open full time now so easy to get in and out in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I played a decent chunk and the story is decent for a crafting survival game. Quite a unique setting too which helps.

I'm trying so hard to give FO4 another go with the update but it is still so frustrating. I honestly fail to see what has been updated at all. I've been playing the game for a few hours and have only just realised the game is sped up. After a very frustrating couple of hours messing with the ini file (oh Bethesda, dear god!) I ended up having to limit the game to 60 fps in my AMD settings.

As for wide screen support…where is it? Yes I can select it in the settings but all it does is stretch the screen. I am pretty sure that is what it always used to do pre "update".

I am regularly getting stuck traversing the map, having to jump and rotate this way and that way while I try to find the invisible window that will free me. I just got devoured by ghouls while going through this Bethesda dance.

Jedi Survivor. Can't seem to manage the parrying in the game and have come to the final couple of bosses. So I switched to Padawan mode. Have the TV on game mode so not sure if it's me or the game. But the combat just feels off. Life is too short. Will finish it up tonight and be done with it. It's fanatic in the man made settings (cities, space ships, ports), but the outdoor natural settings stuff is contrived and fake plastic looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Playing a lot of Fallout 76.

Not too far from the platinum on that.

Just need to be at ground zero for a nuke detonation and launch one myself, both doable when I get around to it. After that one more mission line which I'm almost done with and then revive and kill a few players which is really only doable in certain modes normally other than killing players with bounties. So a lot of spending 20-30 caps to fast travel across the map to kill a guy with a 5 cap bounty. Passed on killing a guy yesterday after he literally came up to my house, seemed bad manners to kill someone who'd just bought a lot of bullets off my vendor.

Will do the Fallout 4 DLC after that.

Playing Game Dev Tycoon through netflix games and it's a lot of fun. On my 3rd game, i got the chance to use the license for new movie GT (E.T). Then the movie company said they are gonna ordered hundreds and thousands of copies to fill stores across the country. Woah, I'm gonna make it on just my 3rd game (my first 2 games sold 20k between them). Then the company asked me to work through the night for a preview copy or they would fine me, would have bankrupt me. Ok. Wanted me to speed up dev or they would fine me. Ok. Wanted me to release before bug testing or they would fine me, ok. Released with 86 bugs (my first 2 games released with 3 bugs between them) and got all 1's in review scores..... I completely forgot about the original story of the E.T game, had me skitting. Quite enjoying this, oh and a brand new console called the Ninvento TES just released so new hardware for me to develop for 😂

Jedi Survivor. Oh God, how many endings does it have. Please let it stop. At this stage I'll just watch a YouTube video of the final stage. I think it's the final stage. Another game for the CEX shop.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Thinking back, I might have had to do 2 runs to get all achievements!

I played is in Jan 2021 so details are a bit hazy!

But yeah, fun little game, glad you enjoyed it :)

I can see the similarities but the honey I shrunk the kids environment probably makes it too different to compare the two. It's got co-op too which is absolutely fantastic for this type of crafting survival game. Also coming to Sunnautica 2 I believe.

It's a game that doesn't get the praise it deserves. I think it's mainly due to how it was released as a game preview originally. Most people would have played it in It's early days and not bothered going back to it. It's since been given a full release title. I'm glad to see it be revitalised and find a new audience on the PS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭recyclops

That is me exactly. Tried it on preview and never returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hades II early access is out:

If the early buzz around Lorelei and the Laser Eyes and Animal Well is representative of the quality of those games, we might just be looking at one of the best months of indie game releases in a very long time.

I'd add Manor Lords to that list. I'm really enjoying it, it's got very satisfying mechanics to it. Zooming in and being able to control your character around your village is fantastic too. I don't know has that been done before? I know in frost punk you can zoom in but i don't think you can control a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm sinking hours into Manor Lords. Crazy that one guy developed this.

Was getting that I'm wasting my time feeling with Jedi Survivor. Not sure if it's me or the game, but I can't get the combat down for the end game bosses.

Left that and went back to the Uncharted Collection and Uncharted 3. It's just straightforward, simple, short and fun.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Rogue Prince of Persia delayed due to Hades 2. Credit where it's due: admitting it's another game's popularity that's leading you to delay your own game is a refreshingly honest approach!

Advertisement