Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 World Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Its a good job Jones isn't Chinese, would be serious question marks about a lot of his misses, chronically bad,he's like a 40 handicapper butchering Augusta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭rolling boh

About ninety percent of the crowd at the darts are drinking and not paying much attention to watching the darts seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,188 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Ok. So what I think you're saying is they changed darts and made it better and darts and snooker are different sports.

Fair comment, if I've understood you correctly. So has the breakaway tour been better for players, fans and the sport in darts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Danye

Fundamentally it’s still the same game. What they did do is liven it up and making attending the darts more of a spectacle drawing in a crowd that perhaps would have never shown much interest in darts.

You can’t really do that with snooker despite efforts in the past to jazz it up.

But to answer your question, the PDC has been a huge success for darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,605 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

LIV has ruined golf completely. Nobody watching it. And because a ton of big names have left the main tour I no longer watch that either. Cant speak for everyone tho.

These days I watch a bit of European (sorry DP World) Tour and some ladies tour both Euro and PGA. They play very good golf too and they look much better at it, too. win win. :D

The main golf is fkd I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

it might be an early night tonight but I'm hoping for a miraculous comeback and some edge-of-seat entertainment (I'm being very optimistic)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭This is it

Got away with that but can't be missing those

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Jones is just incapable of winning frames in one visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Danye

This! I always thought the top 64 at least could finish you in one visit. He comes across as a decent league player.

I read earlier in the thread that someone said snooker is in a good place with more tournaments and prize money but I don’t think it is. Take away Ronnie, Higgins & Williams it’s a very weak product, this final is case in point.

I don’t think Judd, Robertson etc are enough for the game going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭maximus15

Piss poor shot selection again by Jones. So many chances he passes up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭This is it

Poor again. He's getting plenty of chances, just not taking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Wilson with a R'OS style hit and hope escape. Didn't get away with it though, almost fluked a red.

Anyway, Jones has done his usual and missed a very pottable pink. Leaving Wilson with another good chance.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

lads, I’m generally a positive lad. But this is terrible

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Awful stuff again from Jones. Wilson is a 7/10, but Jones about 3/10 as regards quality for a world final

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Shocking standard altogether it must be said. Both players are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭raclle

This is painful to watch. Must be the worst player ever to get to a final

Wilson hasn't played very smart here either. He should have moved that red along the cushion from the pink when there was one of the reds in the middle of the table, that way giving him options.

Jones missed that red by the proverbial mile. And this is supposed to be a WORLD final.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Jones is good at bringing the quality of the opposition down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭John arse

Jones is like a club player who gets an occasional big break!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Jones had 3 chances to win that frame, just not good enough, the standard is bad it has to be said.

Another frame gone. Jones was poor but Wilson was lucky with the fluked snooker at the end. Not very smart by Jones with the attempted escapes. He should have been trying to glance off the red leaving the cue ball down the other end of the table. Instead he hit it full ball.

Everything's falling Kyren's way. Jammy fluke.

Ken saying Jones has fought back so well from when he was 7-1 down. Remind me of the frame score and difference?

16-10.

The gap is still the same though Jones should win this frame.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Jones with a century 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭maximus15

It was 7 nil and now 5 frame difference. Can't deny he has fought , regardless of quality of game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Was that his first clear-up? Any others I always saw him break down on one of the colours etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Stewball

Hazel just saying that was Jones' first century of the tournament - surely not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭rolling boh

I bet Stephen Hendry's opinion of the final would be very different off air than the waffle he has to say on the Beeb.

• Advertisement

Jones with his 1st century of the final. Hazel says his first of the event. I think has made a couple earlier in the Championship. Still, Wilson has made more in the final alone than Jones has all tournament.

Advertisement