Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 World Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Poor Jimmy White watching this final...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

John Virgo: "He's really struggling out there, Kyren Wilson. And he was a very lucky lad to win that last frame, no doubt about that."

Wilson has been lucky all match, all tournament really, and he's so lucky he's not playing a good player or he'd be on the end of a hiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I see Jone's strategy now…absolutely wreck everyone's head with incredible pots and then incredible misses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭raclle

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Jones would be 15-14 up now if he had ended the first session 4-4.

• Advertisement

Virgo: "So(Jones) on track to make his second century of the night(and match)."

Right on cue, Jones messes it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭John arse

Jones to consume a bottle of vodka and some other substances during the interval and transform into a cross between Hurricane Higgins and whirlwind White and blow Wilson away???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Here comes Steve with an unbiased section on the Crucible.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,276 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I can't remember Jones potting a long ball in this final. And he misses by mile too.

Very poor final.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Reanne Evans on Eurosport just said she thinks Jak jones will win.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It hasn't been a vintage final, at least it's nowhere near as bad as Robertson Dott in 2010, think it was a similar score to this and it finished near 1 o'clock (later start than this year)

Suppose most frames have been over pretty quickly and it hasn't dragged on.

What would the BBC have done with this piece about the Crucible and its future had the match not reached the interval? It certainly wouldn't have been shown after the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

This is not a snooker final it is a comedy show. Great viewing from that perspective. I cannot remember a final where BOTH players made so many mistakes. Jones could easily be ahead if he did not throw away even 3 frames. Wilson might never win a world title again. If he was playing anyone else he would be beaten.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

It was ridiculous. The crucible is only there under 50 years. When you look at the history of snooker who remembers the halls in Leicester Square where Joe Davis played for world titles etc

You would swear a new history/atmosphere cannot be created in a new venue the way they are talking. Making no sense, all based on emotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

missed by a mile. I’d do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Even with the 7-1, if Jones won the two black ball frames it would only be 15-14 now. That’s how bad Wilson has been.

147?

Six maximums in a row to blow Wilson away???

It's Jak Jones, so I'm going to say no. It would be nice to see him do it, but given what's gone before…nah, can't see it happening.

Nope, didn't happen. Next frame please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,521 ✭✭✭This is it

Tough with the reds there but decent effort. 5 to go...

He's enjoying himself anyway…

Well I said it sarcastically because Baz is Steve's great mate but it was pretty balanced to be fair. No matter what you think about whether it should move or not I don't understand why you can't see people's emotional attachment to the venue. Logical or not it is a thing and I sympathise with their viewpoint. I've said already the North of England needs events like this. Best solution for me is a new venue in Sheffield.

Are they deliberately not showing any stats, haven't noticed any shown?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,979 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Dott - Ebdon is the one that springs to mind, lots of frames that dragged on for ages due to neither player being able to punish mistakes. It was rivetting in it's own weird way.

I understand that aspect. But the bit they seem to forget Snooker found the crucible by fluke. And is not even there 50 years, that is nothing. History can be created elsewhere is my point.

A purpose built snooker venue would be the ideal, but from the sound of that councillor from Sheffield they are unwilling to put money into it. So the Saudi's or China will swoop in.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

seriously? He’s potted some absolutely stunning long ones.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

If Jones gets to 15 here Wilson could fold, I think. But Jones is so all over the place he could fold before him by that stage.

Whoever does not fold first wins, it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

stranger things have happened, but I can’t see Wilson losing.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement