Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford 1990

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

Everywhere was a kip back then with high unemployment for good measure. There is also no shortage of people who would love to go back to that misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Interesting to note the positive spin on things comes from 2 ppl who weren't from d'town! KG Discs (BPM) was amazing btw. An absolutely unbelievable selection for such small shops and a small town. Spent hours trawling through the vinyl & CD's. Picked up some amazing stuff over the years. Sure, you can get whatever you want online/streaming nowadays but I loved the whole experience back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Not from there but all through 1970s and 1980s, my family used to go there shopping every 2 or 3 weeks. The Hypermarket was the big attraction.

Yes, KG Discs was extraordinarily well stocked. The three brothers were from New Ross so I knew them growing up. When the shop opened at Barronstrand Street back in 1988, it was a revelation as Waterford just had Sinnott's and Shaws for records, neither were that good. Pity BPM had to close whenever it did - if it hung for a few years, it would be doing fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭curmudgeonly

Did you notice how skinny everyone was!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement