Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honda CBF500A 2007 - Two loose tubes/cables.

Options
  • 07-05-2024 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey. Recently purchased a CBF500A (ABS) with carbs, not fuel injected. Bike looks great for it's age imo - However I am a first-time rider, and not a toolsy/mechanic type of a guy. I noticed two disconnected cables on my bike.

First one, was hanging directly underneath the bike. I figured I must have loosened something up when I was changing out and charging the battery, and surely enough, checked manual and it turns out to be the drain cable, mostly for carbs overflow/fuel tank overflow? There was no leak, and online advice was that it's supposed to be disconnected. It must have been clipped to something higher up and got looser and it's just hanging under the bike a bit, I'll secure it a bit higher later - Just checking whenever this is indeed a drain cable and whenever I should worry about it. (Picture below of drain tube)

Second one, is a disconnected cable on the left of the bike, routed beside my gear selector, and is directly on my foot stand. It must have been routed this way deliberately and I can't for the sake of anything find where it's supposed to go. There are no leaks coming from it (The wetness you can see is just from the chain lube that tricked down when maintaining my chain).

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement