Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Siochana Recruitment 2024

Options

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Alana123

hey 😊 did they give you different dates to choose from when doing the PCT?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

It’s different to the interview. For mine they just assigned me a date on a Saturday. I’m sure you could rearrange it if you have a good reason and give plenty of notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 psb1

I have not received a date as of yet for PCT

• Registered Users Posts: 34 psb1

Should be soon. The first batch results for interview have been cimpleted now

Thanks a mill 😃 and when did they send you your PCT date ?

• Advertisement

No hassel. For me, it was around 2 weeks after my Interview results came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 korea 1

also in batch 2 no idea when we will hear anything back.

Hoping for middle of May to get a date for the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 km26

Hi all,

I am currently waiting to hear from publicjobs about my interview date, from what i can see batch 1 have already received their results. I am 568 in order of merit which would make me batch 3.

I am just wondering from those in batch one or anyone that has gone through the 2023 campaign, how long after receiving your interview results did you have your fitness test? and also if you are unavailable on the date you received have they given you the option to reschedule?

Thanks in advance

I done PCT (fitness test) 8 weeks after interview results. I’d say with a decent reason they would facilitate you in changing date , but not 100% on this.

Also , I received form B and date for the PCT around 2 weeks after interview results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 scoobert01

Hey folks I'm number 403 on order of merit I was wondering if that'd place me in batch 2 right? Assuming they go in groups of 208

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 km26

Thank you so much!
    That’s such a great help!
    Third time in three years doing this interview so hopefully it’s 3rd time lucky 🤞🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rb99

mid 400s and just got the email to book my interview. Sooner than I thought but happy 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 12 korea 1

Got an email to book my interview

Batch 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aka55

just got emailed to book interview batch 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 movers&shakers

That was a very fast turnabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 movers&shakers

Likewise. Time to start prepping. Best wishes everyone and thank you to those who have posted some interview insight. This batch of interviews will conclude June the 7th for those waiting in merit.

they must be doing more than 208 cause I thought I was going to be in the third batch cause of being in the mid 400s

My oom is 510 and I got my batch 2 email today. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭XabiAlonso22

I heard from a guard with alot of retirements this year they are speeding up the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭XabiAlonso22

Best of luck to all those doing the interview soon 🤞🏻

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 james.connolly123

Did anyone from batch 1 get called for PCT yet I wonder? 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eagle24

Hi all. I also received an email today to book interview. Just wondering about the written exercise from the online assessment stage...will we be reminded of what we had written for this exercise during the interview process? Best of luck to all going forward

hope we can access what we wrote for the written exercise,I cant remember most of what I wrote 🤣

In 2023 , PAS sent me mine a 3 days before the interview. I’m sure you could also request it earlier. Worst they could say is no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thegeneral01

Fair play to everyone whos been called for the interview so far, they're moving well ahead of schedule from what I can gather

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Eire1996

hi friend. Best of luck in your upcoming interview, could you let us know what the interview is like when you complete it? I haven’t got any email yet to book. Thanks !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Eire1996

Hi friend, what was the interview like? Did they ask you for backup competency examples? Did you have your example wrote down on paper or did you try summarise it off the top of your head? Thanks

It’s similar to other job interviews. There will be 3 people there on the screen. There will be an Inspector from the Guards and someone from the Public Appointments service. Also there will be a note taker. The Inspector and PAS official will take each take 2/3 compatenacies each and ask questions. You might get asked questions like why do you want to join the guards ect.

The interview mainly consists of questions regarding the 5 competencies (e.g. Exercising Authority, Problem Solving ). The interview is fine if you have 2 different examples for each competency. Also know your written excersise and be prepared to answer questions on it.

Personally I’d recommend some sort of interview prep course. Which is what I done. Search around for them online, we can’t advertise specific courses here on the form.

Also to anyone doing the interview, the might throw a curve ball and you might think you done crap in the interview afterwards, which is what I thought. However , I passed well and and had an order of merit around the 100 mark.

It’s also pass/fail, so if you do great at 4 competencies but make a mess of one and fail one , that’s it’s your done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Red devil 77

Does anyone know does PAS email you back with confirmation of sending all documents needed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Grayzer1979

Currently civil servant on 53k, flexitime, mon-fri, work from home 3 days per week.

Got into final stage... just physical competency/medical left.

Can take the hit for 9 months training on 300 odd a week. But do any serving members know what realistic wage I would be on after allowances and bit of overtime, as 35k is a big drop from current earnings.

My current pension carries over so I am on the improved pension terms.

Living in Dundalk. Would I get stationed local(ish) or be shipped off to Dublin?

Am I mad to consider this? Would like the thoughts of current serving members if possible please!

Advertisement