Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Just back from a walk with my friend, had my sunglasses on but a brolly in my bag. It's very warm in the sunshine then chilly when it clouds over. Glenroes kicking in already, I honestly thought today was Sunday,hungry now but don't want to cook...woe is me today. 🙄

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Snooker time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

Went to a dog rescue centre earlier. I'm going to start volunteering at it some mornings a week. I think it will be really good for me to commit to it. I don't drive and it's difficult to get to but I will give it a shot. Looking forward to it now. Absolutely bananas over dogs. I think they have horses too. I'd be in my element 🤗

Have had a tough year and out of work so hoping this will bring a smile to my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Had a lovely weekend, did some sightseeing, looked back over some photos and had some chats ☺️ Can’t believe it was a year ago that Alfie was diagnosed with kidney failure.

Hope you all had a great weekend ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Glad to have this bloody weekend behind me if I’m honest. That calf injury on Saturday has really thrown me out of whack, the entire rest of the weekend was a write-off. It is getting better thankfully, but yeah, not a happy camper right now…

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Brilliant, you will love it! Did it myself for ages, must look into another shelter. It's a great thing to do. Have fun😉

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have every phone/clock set for a early wake up tomorrow , and crapping myself in case I don’t wake up . I slept till 4pm today and if I take my zzz tablets I’ll sleep until that time tomorrow .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That sounds really inspiring, well done. I have done volunteering too when between jobs and it really does keep your mind occupied and out in the world, connected. And even better if it's in an environment that you are passionate about. Animal shelters are really crying out for help so well done to you for helping out.

I'm awake late after a burst of energy. I was outside at 10pm fixing and testing some solar lights that had just come on in the dusk. It was so peaceful at that time. I love May nights. It feels like summer is within touch.

Then at 12am, I remembered the window in the dining area of my kitchen and how it looked grubby in the day light when the sun was shining in. Yesterday, especially it annoyed me as it was so bright and all I could see was dust. So in full madness, I hopped up on a chair and started cleaning that window. Lo and behold, there I was at midnight, newspaper in hand, splayed across the window, rubbing furiously and two cars happen to pass by (window faces the road). I can imagine the thought they had of me 🕛🪣🧽🤣

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A really great day out with my little gang and my elderly parents. Nothing mad. Just a little shopping and tea and cakes and stuff like that. I'm not long awake on the couch after a snooze. I may get to the real leaba!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Staying awake long enough to cancel all my appointments today , and hopefully sleeping in my cosy bed .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Too early to be at the coalface

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Registered Users Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Was awake far too early myself and now have the shakes from too much coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

That sounds wonderful, I hope you can work out a way to tolerate the journey - and I'm also hoping for a regular slew of photos!

😍

I second the photos, Addmagnet! 😍

Deskside in the home office. Just got back from GP. Looks like I lucked out with that leg injury, I'll need to rest a couple of weeks, but it won't require scans or surgery according to the doc.

Guess I'm back to working from home…

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Glad you won't need further intrusive interventions Thomil, hopefully the rest and taking it easy on that leg will do the trick.

I know I use this emoji a lot 🙈, but what does it actually mean?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Fair play to you Apache...

Went for a cycle with the middle chick....sunny weather and a swing in a field... memories that last forever

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Make the most of any nice weather we get @gifted , think May is looking promising.

🙈 Is probably see no evil @Mam of 4

And nice one @apache , and yep, lots of pics is needed. 👍 I think a percentage of the vat on pet items and food should be going to pet rescue charities. There has been a huge increase in pet ownership and tax receipts for this, but still the same charities and resources dealing with the aftermath.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside but I was outside sitting down in the back garden thinking about life and the next thing I hear is something dropping down onto the ground and it was the neighbors sweet little calico cat coming to visit, she came straight over to me and jumped on the table and then sat in my lap and fell asleep for a little bit, I was afraid to move in case I woke her but eventually I did have to get up, even though I didn't want to and despite her meowing protests. She's never jumped into my lap before 😄😂😂.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Sounds like You're on Hot streak Seph...hit the city this evening, get lucky.....

• Advertisement

Just logged off early for the day after being told to do so by my boss. I’d completely forgotten that today was my fifth anniversary at my job, so that was a nice surprise. Got a nice gift card as well, already loaded into my Amazon account…

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside at the home office, about to finish up for the day. Lots of marking…

Got word this afternoon in relation to the more senior position that I'd applied and interviewed for - I got the job. Happy Days!! 😊🤗

Will be watching the first semi-final of Eurovision on TV this evening. I'm invited to a friend's annual Eurovision party at his place for next Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,014 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

well done JK! 🎉🎉

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Nice one Jupiter.

Congrats Jk, great news.🎊

@JupiterKid I'm feckin delighted for you. Also when is the party? 🥳

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Congratulations @JupiterKid🎉 👏

• Advertisement

I'll have you know that Sephers is in a committed relationship gifted,he won't be heading into town tonight or any other night unaccompanied, please refrain from encouraging that kind of behaviour. 🙁😛

Advertisement