Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision Song Contest 2024 (Mod warning, see OP updated 10/05 and post #3477 11/05)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,099 ✭✭✭squonk

There are very few bangers this year. Last year seemed much stronger. I’d kill for a Cha Chs Cha at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus Luxembourg having to go back to the black and white clips.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭redunited

Welcome back Luxembourg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,817 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

People saying they are too old for Eurovision and yet every second entry is 90's Top of the Pops.

Speaking of blasts from the past associated with paedos the didgeridoo was a brave move in the post Rolf Harris world.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Sounds like Prima Donna Girl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,211 ✭✭✭archfi

I can’t quote post now

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah about where I'd have us too tbh. Finland, Croatia, Ukraine would be my top 3 then us.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So 31 since Luxembourg last entered ? Did they just say **** this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Homelander

I actually thought Bambi gave an excellent performance, the staging was super impressive on TV and being realistic it's the most decent thing Ireland has sent to Eurovision as long as I can remember, even if the music isn't for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,531 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

This Year’s Song That Sounds Like ‘Kiss Kiss’ By Holly Valance.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Needmoretea

I like our song, it's so delightfully bonkers and we really needed something creative. It won't be everyone's cup of tea but will hopefully stand out at least. If we don't qualify I'll eat my hat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,099 ✭✭✭squonk

There more like it Luxembourg! Welcome back!

Luxembourg solid and she can sing, qualifier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Expunge

How long has it been?

They used to win a few, back in the Butch Moore days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭standardg60

Really liked the Portuguese song

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Best of the final 5 this entry... Mind you I'm not sure that's much of a compliment 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭derb12

I’m liking this. Welcome back Luxembourg indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Will the voting results be given tonight?

I really just want this to end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,508 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I never remember Luxembourg in the Eurovsion and I was born I 1992.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭mikeecho

... The audience looks like a complete SausageFest

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,211 ✭✭✭archfi

Luxembourg qualifier

But cardinal sin of even some English in a French language song! Never do that again Luxembourg

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

About 6 or 7 minutes break now before Johnny Logan sings euphoria!

They could have gone with Linda Martin instead lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,529 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I'd murder a Luxem-burger right now. Hmm.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

If only we still could have the great Terry Wogan.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Croatia and Ireland were the only one that stood out, the rest were forgettable enough.

Lithuania too, that was decent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement