Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options
1131132133134135137»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭CPTM

Could the first one be Cure (kyua).. 1997? Or what sort of decade are you thinking?

In terms of the second one, there is a scene like that at the of Decision to Leave but again the decade might help

Could the first one be Cure (kyua).. 1997? Or what sort of decade are you thinking?

In terms of the second one, there is a scene like that at the of Decision to Leave but again the decade might help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭tom23

Ok lll give this ago. I can remember a brief clip of a film many many moons again. It was around 1982/3. It was a group of boys and one was wearing an old American GI army helmet with white t-shirt and he gets hurt or maybe upset. It’s set in America I think in somewhere like texas or one of those ‘small towns in America midwest’. Scant details… but it’s a clip in the memory muscle that’s been driving me **** nuts for years. I used to think that it was ‘buffalo’ something but I was wrong as I can’t find any reference to it.

Thanks I know all of that is as obscure as anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Quiet Achiever

Sounds a lot like Stand By Me

I know…but it's not unfortunately. Driving me nuts for years.

• Advertisement

It's not Red Dawn is it? Probably unlikely because there are so many more memorable moments in that movie. But I'm just throwing it out there because it has a bunch of teenage lads in Colorado using Guerilla tactics to defend their town.. 1984ish.. so it ticks a few boxes

No not Red Dawn… great movie though! I’d say the movie thats in my head was made in the 70’s or something… it’s had to be on either Rte 1 / 2 or BBC as we had **** all channels. I wonder is it possible to look at old tv listings from those years?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

FIlm that I saw on RTE in the 80s. Set in somewhere like the Oaklahoma dustbowl in the 1930s, I'd say made in the 70s/80s.

Young boy whos being bullied befriends this other lad in his class whos a bit of a loner, social outcast. This other boy looks older than the rest of the kids in the class. He has blond floppy hair and wears dungarees and no shoes.

A couple of scenes that stick in my head. One where the bullied lad is made by a teacher to stand in front of the class holding up his arms till he collapses from exhaustion. The lad in dungarees tries to help him but the teacher orders him to get back in his seat.

The two boys are out walking and they meet this eccentric tramp with a long beard whos going on about Jesus.

A disturbing scene where a bunch of children set a dog on an animal like a gopher. One of the boys finally kills it by dropping a rock in it. The boy in dungarees comes upon the scene and beats up this boy.

The tormenting and killing of the gopher didn't look faked to me, you could see the dog shaking it in its mouth and the gopher trying to escape.

Advertisement