Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insignia boot latch

Options
  • 08-05-2024 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Howdy,

The central locking on my 2015 insignia is not working so until I get the time to fix it, the only way to open the boot is by crawling in through the back seat to release the latch from the inside. My question is, is it possible to stop the latch from locking again so that I can open the boot from the exterior? It was unlocked before I had to disconnect the battery a few days ago…

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Entire central locking or just the boot? If it's just the boot it was a common problem on the earlier models anyway and was easy enough to replace, plenty of vids on YouTube and the latches themselves are cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 raehogan

It's the entire central locking that's out. It's not the fuse but an opel mechanic told me there's a common fault with wiring in the door so I will research that when I have time. For the moment I just need to be able to open the boot from the exterior!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

2 separate issues Id say - the boot switch is faulty - little rubber one. Only around 25 euros.

The central locking is more than likely the right rear door wiring harness block connector where it goes into the door pillar - you`ll more than likely find it full of water or rusted.Bit of wd40 into it usually sorts it out.

Advertisement