Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision Song Contest 2024 (Mod warning, see OP updated 10/05 and post #3477 11/05)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flos1964

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Some very interesting stats coming out from YouTube : Ireland is trending ahead of Croatia in many European markets. The near 2m views for Baby Lasagna may not be quite as impressive as it looks (a large swathe might be Balkan people or Balkan diaspora around Europe).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

For reasons I can't figure out, every time I see Bambi I keep thinking of Dustin.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

I have her at 75 1 55 1 15 1 crown de witch make me rich !

• Registered Users Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ah it is fun when you have a few wee bets on it, listening to the songs from national finals etc, best to get in before the masses :)

I had a good feeling about the song when I heard it and knew it could stand out. I think top 10 betting tends to offer better value generally on Eurovision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flos1964

I liked it too but let it go, kicking my self now, still think its a great song , really great song but thats getting a little lost now, good luck with bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,531 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Tomorrow night’s running order…

Saved the best till last! 😁

Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa…HEY!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Could be a difficult night for the two presenters when its Israels turn, you can't really control what happening during a live broadcast unless the organisers have some kind of a plan in place we don't know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Hopefully protesters don't try and storm the stage, as that would be a bit ugly for Eurovision but the audience are free to do whatever they like during the performance.

(and I'm saying that as someone who thinks Israel should have been kicked out of the Contest months ago).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Ireland & Croatia are already up to 2m views on YouTube, with Ukraine behind on 1.7m views

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭supereurope

My suspicion for a while has been that Israel will perform live on stage tomorrow night, but television viewers will be shown dress rehearsal footage, so if something does happen, the audience at home won't witness it. And if nothing happens, then it'll never be revealed that we saw dress rehearsal footage.

I was a little disappointed last night that the 10 qualifiers weren't brought on stage, as is custom, at the end of the show. I realised earlier today why this was - it's because of tomorrow night, so there is no chance that someone could storm the stage and attack Eden. Safer to keep her up in the green room, and they had to do that last night too, because people would notice the difference.

I suppose too they could switch to the backup tape in a split second if it all kicks off - but as you say, they might just go with one of the dress rehearsals and pretend it's live.

Yeah they might try that but it would be a bit pointless really because when everyone in the audience has a smartphone whatever happened would be posted on Tiktok within minutes.

It would have been better to have put Israel on as the first song and get them out of the way rather than near the end, it would give anyone who has something in mind to disrupt the show less time to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭JKerova1

I seem to recall in 2018 there was some fanciful talk that we could be dark horses to win it, once we qualified from the semi. I think we ended up finishing 17th. I hope something similar doesn't happen on Saturday, although all the indications are that we will do very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭supereurope

The draw had Israel to perform in the second half, so the EBU's hands were tied here. Also, Israel on first might have led to televisions over Europe being switched off and then not on again, impacting viewing figures. At least this way we can watch most of the show and switch off only towards the end.

Having them on last in semi 2 have been a better idea, I feel sorry for Norway having to follow them.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Current YouTube trending of the performance looks like this across the world:

#1 Ireland

#1 Malta

#2 UK

#2 Croatia

#2 Greece

#3 Finland

#3 Netherlands

#3 Serbia

#3 Slovenia

#3 Spain

#4 Austria

#5 Cyprus

#7 Bosnia and Herzegovina (non-participant)

#15 Italy

#18 North Macedonia (non-participant)

#19 Poland

#21 Belgium

#21 Latvia

#23 Australia

#24 Norway

#24 Sweden

#26 Lithuania

#30 Estonia

#30 France

Keep in mind this is of all videos, not just of music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Dazler97

My top 3 are Croatia, Netherlands and Ireland not a fan of the Swiss song

Goodness gracious….very unlikely anything that comes out of Semi 2 will do this (not unless France, Switz or NL pull off the most spectacular performance ever and something that looks even better than Bambie).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,098 ✭✭✭squonk

Maybd but I suspect tomorrow’s final will throw up some “new siney” that the YouTubers will gravitate towards. I still think we’re going to stay strong though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,093 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

The 'United in Music' thing could be turned on it's head a bit alright. Whatever about live or recorded Israel, the crowd will surely boo at some stage.

By all accounts, Fra, Switz and NL were 'okay' or 'decent' at today's rehearsals but don't seem to have blown anyone away.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Attitudes to Israel aren't the same throughout Europe. Israel has a lot of fans.

And many people have no opinion either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Bambie's passed Baby Lasagna up in the YouTube views again

• Registered Users Posts: 31,631 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Honestly, if any post is out of touch it's this one. And national/governmental support does not equate to individual citizens support.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

are half the crowd looking at the side and back of the stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,212 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Only yesterday the Swedish press grilled Bambi on her tattoos which sympathised with Palestine

I wonder does Bambi realize that they and many of their fans would not get within a million miles of being able to do what they are doing or live the lifestyle they wish to live if they were Palestinian or lived there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement