Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Irish resident getting aded on car insurance owned by Irish resident

Options
  • 08-05-2024 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, asking for my brother who's not on here.

He lives in England and our mother used to have him added to her car insurance so that when he flew back he could drive her car while in Ireland.

She said that recently, the rules have changed about this and he's not allowed to be added to her insurance…something about the rule having changed on this for non-Irish or non-EU residents?

He's been trying to look this up but can't find it, and neither can I - when I try I just get info about insurance while on holidays and so on.

Can anybody point me in the direction of the legislation/insurance rules that would prohibit an non Irish (or non-EU, if that's the issue) resident from being added to the insurance of an Irish/EU resident?

Comments

Advertisement