Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC cinematic universe general stuff

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Rumour John Cena was seen on the Superman set, James Gunn has started shooting the next season of Peacemaker, so not sure if James was just showing John around the Superman set or was shooting a Peacemaker cameo in Superman movie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I'm ok with that, looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Honestly thats what I expected the look to be a very typical handsome generic all American guy which Hollywood is full of.

The Superman look is quiet easy to cast to be honest now it's to see if he can pull off both Clark Kent and Superman.

No actor since Christopher Reeves has been able to play both completey differently and be convincing as both the meek Clark and The Superman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I love the image and the suit, which looks like it has seen a lot of action.

the actor looks the part.

I didn’t see much of the Dean Cain series and I’ve only seen the pilot of Superman and Lois so I can’t comment on those performances but neither Cavill nor Welling were required to have dual identities. Even Routh didn’t have much screen time as the meek Clark Kent.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That was one of the more disappointing parts of Cavill's run. We never really got to see his Clark Kent. His disguise is more about personality and performance than just glasses and a suit, but even in BvS after he's already joined the Daily Planet he was still just the same character (not to mention any editor of a newspaper would have fired him for not writing about the latest football game which must have been a long game considering how many on-screen days had passed where Perry White was still asking for his article about the game for a daily newspaper, but that's an entirely different issue…)

Cavill could have done a great Clark Kent if given the chance imo.

Yep, Peter Parker for the most part existed even was a major part in the marvel films. Same for Bruce in the Batman films. Clark works cause he's dweeby and awkward when in disguise. Suspend the audience's sense of disbelief and let Clark be that different person and have him manage that identity. It's fun and a little ridiculous and we don't really get that with the marvel movies for most part plus it's a key to Superman. It also gives the actor a chance to be a bit more than an all American hero.

I’m hoping for a lot of Clark Kent in this and hoping that the parents are still alive. I’d like to see Superman head more in need of their advice.

• Advertisement

It has been a long time since I’ve seen the Tim Burton films and their sequels to remember and I haven’t seen enough of the animated series to say, but Bale didn’t show much of Bruce Wayne as a different personality like a carefree playboy other than in two scenes in his first film. He was pretty much the real Bruce throughout the trilogy.

Fair on the Bale front but you were still made incredibly aware of the Bruce persona I found. The Cavill Superman felt like Clark was largely irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They've cast his parents and they're a bit older, so I'd assume they're present day and not just flashbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I like Tyler Hoechlin in the role.

Clark wasn’t irrelevant. It was Clark Kent that Cavill was portraying through the whole movie. The real Clark. The mild mannered public persona of Clark Kent has no role in the story being told and only shows up at the end.

Yes Party Bruce was established in the movies but was only used briefly.

I didn’t know they’d cast Martha. Hopefully the ages do indeed mean they are present day.

I like that the actress is unknown to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Rumours, rumours, and more rumours!!!

Warner Bros passing notes to Matt Reeves on how the storyline should go in The Batman II, The Batman II is to be delayed again, The Batman III getting filmed back to back with The Batman II and other rumours that The Batman III is cancelled.

James Gunn kills one rumour, I guess, as he answers a direct question on The Batman II and III "is not" getting shot back to back… However it is looking like The Batman II is getting delayed again, I wonder will we even see The Batman II

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Closer look at Superman and Mister Terrific

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He looks a bit like Tom Welling.

The style looks like an older version of his costume.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Superhero costumes never look credible in any on-set photos, do they? And I'm gonna imagine every unsightly crease and wrinkle in the suit will be airbrushed out with needless (expensive?) CGI, this making sure it all still ends up about 200 million dollars.

• Advertisement
Advertisement