Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Things could also turn very volatile for the second half of May, could be a repeat of last year in terms of thunder. Hopefully no repeats of last July and August this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭acequion

God but it really is wonderful to get an extended break from the rain! And in Kerry a week without rain is a major wonder of the world😱 Last week we had several washout days, but since the weekend [going on a week, wow!] it's been bone dry and balmy. Absolutely lovely, any dry spell for me is a bonus.😀 But it's my busiest time in work, so apart from looking out at my lovely garden, I'm not getting to take full advantage. A beautiful clear sky is beckoning right now to get out there and get walking among the gorgeous abundant May foliage but I'm too tired.😴 Not complaining for a second though. Long may this lovely calm, dry weather last!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Valentia has only got 3mm of rain so far this month. Dublin Airport has 5mm. Very impressive.

I love dry calm spells at this time of year too. The growth is astounding.

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mrsnrub2.0

Am I correct in seeing a lot of rain early next week in Dublin? Looks torrential.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Another dull overcast morning. 9C. No rain. I'll take it, although it would be nice to see a little Sun.

Leitrim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭pad199207

Lovely morning in N Kildare with hazy sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Early days yet, some large amounts of precipitation in the forecast…my area (SW Laois) was showing 80mm of rain in 2 days, but it will chop and change as the forecast evolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭highdef

Mostly sunny in D13 but fog horns are sounding in Dublin Bay and I see a big fog bank on satellite. Fingers crossed it stays offshore.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

A lovely 18c to 22c for the next 3 days. This is Summer!! Enjoy it. Hope next unsettled period doesn't last 8 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

savage day today sunny and 20 degrees here in the north east

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Unreal day Meath

21⁰

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Amazing day, make the most of the next few days as we will be back to 12-15c from Monday. Worth nothing that it reached 21C in Meath today a whole month earlier than last year were we had to wait till the second week of June for those sort of temperatures along the east coast. I am certainly making the most of this fine warm spell after what seems like 8 months of a deluge ridden autumn spell since mid September.

Is it fair or cloudy. I can see the sun but it's cloudy at the same time. 19c mind. Another warmer than average month inevitable. Especially with night warming that Ireland gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Am I the only one that got cloud today ,everyone else seemed to have sun 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hairypoppins

We had blue skies here in Dublin up until around 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭pureza

The fog bank near the coast makes the sea breezes colder even if the fog doesnt come onshore

The fog itself is cold up to the few 100 feet of height it has so sea breezes wafting into the coast have a deeper layer to temper coastal temps down than if it wasn't there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭pad199207

High of 20.3°c here in N Kildare today

I was in D13 today and it began to get cloudier after lunch and was completely cloudy by later afternoon. In Longford now and whilst it's also cloudy, it's completely calm and warmer than it was in coastal Dublin. I left D13 a little after 18:00 and it was 14°. Almost 21:00 now and it's 17° where I am now in Longford and it feels pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Today's max

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Some lovely sunshine tomorrow and Saturday, a bit more unsettled Sunday/Early days of next week but high pressure seems to return so nothing to bad in the next while. Tomorrow,Friday ,is a cracker though, get out and enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Woo hoo 20.8 c , c'mon the Royals

• Registered Users Posts: 5,971 ✭✭✭appledrop

A stunner of a morning, unfortunately I'm in work but at least I arrived looking very summer ready!

Enjoy the day if your lucky enough not to be in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Class morning. It had been a very pleasant 10 days in May. Hardly any rain.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Still only 5mm here for May and today will be at least 22c in Sligo if those clouds don't bubble too much. Mt Dillon will likely get to 24c or 25c this weekend too.

Next week Yr.no has 44mm for Dublin Tuesday but I severely doubt this. They overdo the rain a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I notice Met E mentions localised flooding for Tuesday, this reminds me of last June when not far from me traffic was stuck in flash flooding yet I didn’t get a drop just a few km away so some areas will likely get 40mm+ and some will get little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Technically there’s no night time for Malin head tonight , the darkest it will get is astrological twilight whereas Dublin for example will experience night time from 00.26 to 02.15. Maybe I’m talking absolute shite here but maybe the Northern lights could be more visible further south if it delivers nationally as there will be a bigger contrast in the sky.

Post edited by .Donegal. on

Ya shudnt hv said Aurora. Sligo heard ya and its getting cloudier. We can't be havn any of that. Its prob just fair weather cloud though n will be gone by night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

We are doing the Darkness into Light walk very early tomorrow morning, so will be keeping my eyes peeled, only ever saw them once as a child growing up here so been a heck of a long time!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

I can see those clouds off in the distance, from Longford. Hoping it stays sunny here!

I would guesstimate that the hot spot today could be the Phoenix Park with my second guess going to Casement. There's likely to be a bit of a Foehn effect in these areas today, due to the southerly breeze. A sea breeze might develop and reach the Phoenix Park later, hence why I mention Casement as well. High's of around 23° or 24°, I would say.

Advertisement