Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Forum Problems.

• 07-05-2024 7:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭

I was recently warned for posting a meme that one of my fellow spurs fans must have taken offence to?

I explained to the mod that sent me a pm that i was warned and therefore banned about why it was posted and in what context.

He has not come back to me 4 days later.

Can someone look into it for me please?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Hello … Anyone here ???? 😎

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We only currently have one active Sports CMod, @ShamoBuc

If they cannot get to this over the course of the day there are 3 of us who are Admins who were previously Sports CMods and one of us will take on the role of CMod here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,023 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hi greenspurs, I will take a look at this for you.

If you post the pm's here or forward them to me when you get a chance please.

https://www.boards.ie/messages/9339622#Item_8

i hope this works ? 😮

• I dont think it worked !
      How do you post pms in here ?? 😣

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,023 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Maybe take a screenshot of the messages and post them then.

……..

……

….

….

• Advertisement

Thats it all….

Thank you.

I will read through them and the thread/reported posts when I can and hope to get back to you tonight.

Having read through the thread, reported posts and the pm's, I will be upholding the Mod's decision.

Having a negative view on Spurs like you do atm, isn't a problem. Your posts outline where you think they should be, far away from their form this season, not having a plan B etc. You have tended to be in the vocal minority from what I can see on the thread- which is fine - but it has lead to more confrontational posts, rather than discussion ones.

The post you were warned for was seen by fellow Spurs posters, a Mod and myself as baiting - as it really was. Quoting Quora as a magical get out of jail card, doesn't cut it I'm afraid. You felt your opinion was in someway vindicated after another poor result, the gif and the hashtags were certainly baiting posters who rolled out the Give Him Time and Rebuild posts previously.

Last month you also received a warning for baiting - which was reversed. However, I will not be reversing this one, as you were baiting your fellow Spurs fans imo.

In your pm's you asked about a post you reported, I can confirm it was actioned upon.

I'm sure you may disagree with the above, which is fine, please let me know if you wish for an Admin to take a look.

Apologies for taking so long to engage, but I hadn't seen this thread until I was tagged.

Thanks Shamobuc.

I obviously disagree, as seemingly banter has now been labelled on a level as hate speech on boards . (banned altogether)

Baiting? - another label to ban people that dont agree with a majority??

Whats the difference in a "confrontational post" to a "discussion one" ???
    Someones point of view? Someones tolerance of being hurt physcologically by someones elses view on a football team ? ….
    I put forward opinions based on watching a football team, but because my opinion is different to other posters in the thread , a joke meme is now seen as 'baiting' . How very 'soft' ….. I never abuse, or belittle any other Spurs poster in there..Ever.
    They dont engage with me in there either, but i dont mind that.

Surely , having a different point of view is allowed? It used to be…..

But it is very apparent that it has to be within ever narrowing guidelines, and of course within what poor little sensitive moral posters can withstand.

No, no point in an admin taking a look…. Its hardly gonna change the decision (that took a week to be made ) ….

Best Wishes
    GS.

My two weeks are up.

Can you (someone) add me to the Soccer Forum please.

@ShamoBuc @Beasty

Thanks in advance.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement