Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Cormacca87

@ColemanY2K cheers, I didn't know that. Great info, will help me on the hunt for the right car, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Therefore the additional mileage benefit you get from a LR is negated by the fact you should only charge to 80%.

I think you misinterpret the 80% for daily use recommendation. The extra range is still there if you need it. What they say if in normal routine if you don't drive past the 80% range everyday don't charge to 100%. With the LFP they say you have to charge to 100% at least once a week. For me that's the same level of inconvenience. (I have both cars so not trying to choke one or the other).

But aside from the range focus the LR has a bit of different character. It is safe to say that if you don't really need the extra range and you're not buying the car for the driving pleasure it may not be worth it. Or otherwise put for the range alone 8k is a lot of money. On the other hand, I would say that, 8k more for AWD is actually cheap. EV6 GT starts at 85k albeit some more power and Ioniq6 AWD from 70k.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Tints, back windows done locally, the big sweeping rear window to boot was Flawless as they've done a few and I wanted a proper job. Emblem matt black covers were Ali Express and so too were the light tints, maybe a tinting crowd could do them along with windows but I just got from AE and fitted myself. Windscreen and front windows are not tinted although I would love if it was legal to do so in this country

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Same, no issue, a small bit of peeling in one spot but you'd have to be up close to spot it, no issue with bugs etc and I just wax over it along with all of the front end, takes power hosing no problem whatsoever.

I did not go for rear vinyl plate, just removed the Tesla housing and stuck on the plate itself with double sided tape.

I've heard of the NCT issue alright but my plan if it comes to it is to just double sided tape on the original plates for the visual after test then remove before I drive away from the NCT centre, visual is free so I'll just take it on the chin

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

So just making a list and seeking advice of accessories I might want/need for the new model 3 2024.

Floormats are these included.

Screen protectors for front and back screens are these necessary in your opinion.

mudflaps?

Definitely want tinted at least front and back windows.

Bluetooth headphones/EarPods for the kids in the rear any recommendations.

Also may have missed some accessories you find compliment the car for quality of life or just cosmetic appearance.

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Floor mats come as standard, but are just crappy carpet ones.

I say yes, get screen protectors. Cheap peace of mind.

Mudflaps from Amazon. A set comes wit the car, but the rear ones suck.

Get the tints.

can't recommend audio stuff.

Extras: The centre console inserts to optimise space are a must. Boot and frunk mats….you can buy an entire kit. Not suree what hub caps are avaiilable on Highland, but if you can, get a kit that protects the rim from kerbing.

Stay Free

Get the car. Drive the car.
    Then see what you need/don’t need.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Brian_dub_

I got mainly Spigen accessories and they are great quality.

Matte screen protectors front and back.

Centre console and armrest inserts

Windscreen cover for when the sun is out (when ever that will be) they also do ones for the roof

Also got a few little things like door latch covers and a hard case for the charging cable as its easier to wrap it into a hard case

The M3 comes with a "safety kit" which has a small first aid kit, 2 high viz vests and a warning triangle, i bought another first aid kit, I store all these in the bottom storage of the boot.

All weather matts are imo essential, I got ones from Taptes and they are great quality, they will take about 6 weeks to come from China

I would get a couple of cheap enough bluetooth headphones for the kids in the back, you can keep them plugged in in the arm rest when not being used if you get a usb c hub. Also a couple of bluetooth console controllers so they can play games in the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DrPsychia

Any speculative thoughts about when or if Tesla will offer reduced finance rates for M3H?

The thing is with Tesla you never know!

It might happen tomorrow or it may never happen.

I think the model Y might have hit 0.0% rates only because people were waiting for a refresh and they wanted to make sure they kept shifting high volumes.

But again it’s Tesla so anything can happen at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dagryl

Constantly. I rest my right arm on the door's armrest and keep pulling the steering wheel down slightly. This way I rarely get any warnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

I do the same but use my left hand, because there are a few right turning lanes that the car tries to jump into on my normal N road routes. I find it quicker to respond using my left hand or both hands.

I don't actually use autopilot that much to be honest except on Motorways. I don't like the way on N roads the car keeps you central on the lane. Would prefer you could adjust to keep nearer the left line, similar to other makes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭pah

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/tesla-model-3-2019-2020/36933406?campaign=8

🙄 On the flipside of the dreamers thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭creedp

I would not use autopilot other than on a motorway. Much prefer to drive it myself. A couple of days back I also turned off the lane departure warning as it was regularly warning me that corrective steering input was applied presumably because I was keeping too far left on rural roads. Id then got the message that autopilot was unavailable for rest of day even though autopilot is never engaged. Total pita. Im not too old to give up on driving the car myself just yet😀'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Thankfully I am not on the motorways that much now, awful boring roads but I suppose they do get you there a bit faster and safer..🙂

I find the corrective steering input is far better than on other makes, ie it leaves you alone if you are actively steering the car. Occasionally it intervenes on the centre line if you are lucky enough to have one, but rarely on the left side. But I have yet to feel the need to turn it of. The Wifes' Ioniq 5 on the other hand…☺️

Interesting that people have different experiences. One of the locations where I regularly get the corrective steering warning is at a rural road T junction where there are no lines to be had. I keep well left on approach as cars entering the road from my left often cut the corner. I don't understand why it keeps issuing warning in that context. The last time was the straw that broke the camels back and I immediately turned it off.

The Irish insurance industry never ceases to amaze me but I suppose anything goes in this country at times. I have a 7 seater (which I need with 4 kids) and a M3 which I want😀

Now currently the M3 is insured but I want to put 7 seater back on the road. As my young lad wants to be named on the 7 seater I am being forced to transfer my current policy with a full ncb onto the 7 seater and take out a new policy on the M3. However this being Ireland, even though I've been driving for 30 years, I have to start out as a novice with no NCB and I'm being told by different insurance companies that they don't insure the M3 if driver has no ncb.

Has anyone else been in this position and found an insurance company to take a punt on a 50+ year old driver with a 28 year ncb🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭pah

Any named driving experience on another policy. I've been named on the Mrs policy forever and could take out a new policy utilising named driving experience fairly reasonably. I've done a few quotes online to see what it would cost to run a 3rd car athome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jobrien19

The correct way to do this would be to insure your son on the 7 seater without a bonus and have yourself as a named driver in order to try and obtain any sort of reasonable quotation. There isn't an insurance company in Ireland that would insure anyone on a Tesla without a no claims bonus. The most cost effective way will be as I explained above unless you have a partner/spouse without a vehicle who you could take the new policy out for in their name?

Yea I'd forgotten about named driving experience. I have 6 years on my wife's policy.

I tried coveringclick.ie and they gave me a decent quote just over a grand on the M3 with zero ncb. Not sure yet the full scope of the policy as haven't read the fine detail. They also gave me a decent quote for the 7 seater with my full ncb. Anyone any knowledge of this crowd? I never heard of them until today

@jobrien19 I'll try that suggestion but I'm afraid that the premium will be outlandish for a massive 2L diesel with 7 seats. Insurance companies love to screw you on the massive 2L engines

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

A three year old car should be worth about 50% of the new value. So him looking to pay around in around 40% for a five year old car isn't that unreasonable I would have thought.

It is all to do with supply and demand!

Very few Tesla’s on the market from them years as people are just holding onto them hence why they have held there value tremendously.

He won’t get a Tesla anywhere near what he is willing to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,908 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Nah the normal figures are around 2,5k - 3k per year depreciation first few years maybe up to 6 or 8. Puts a reasonable value around 20 to 24k

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭User1998

The general rule of thumb is 50% every 3 years. But the supply of used Teslas is still low which is keeping asking prices high. If supply was normal theres no reason they wouldn’t be €15k cars by now. Brexit and Covid etc didn’t help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,908 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I think that rules complete codswallop and not sure where you heard it.

IIf I bought a brand new Audi in 2021 for 40 grand. It wouldn't be going for 20 k today. That's utter nonsense to be frank.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭User1998

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭dubrov

That's the way it used to be pre covid and brexit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,656 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Should I buy a Tesla?

When they came out they were 100k, now they're 40k, I have a 162 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and Solar (that during the summer powers the car)… I don't do much mileage every day, barely use petrol in the PHEV.

Advertisement