Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feedback from rejection from a job application / hard finding a job?

• 08-05-2024 9:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

I personally find it increasingly harder and harder to find work.

I could never make head nor tail with any form of feedback and a rejection to a job application:

• You're too experienced for this role you applied to ( after 4 rounds of interviews and well aware of what I applied for)
    • You're not showing the kind of enthusiasm for the role we expect you to have ( in my day and age, I don't get over excited like a child at Christmas for a new opportunity )
    • You have a lot of experience and traits relevant for this role but "at this point in time" we decided to move forward with other candidates. ( Well at what point in time would it actually be my turn?)
    • You don't have the right experience for the job ( in reality a minor difference in experience about a subject that can easily be learned )

All sorts of excuses from HR, and the frustration of not getting the job one wants and never "you don't have the right qualification, exams or university degree for this role". ( the latter would be understandable)

HR on the other side: I've interviewed 30 candidates and none of them are a good fit.

I often wonder whose fault it really is?

And sadly that's a development / trend / tendency I have noticed in the last couple of years, especially during and after the pandemic.

Until 2019 I've never had these problems.

Comments

Advertisement