Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭OldRio

Lovely morning in Leitrim. Sun 18C. Sunshine. Catching up with the gardening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

If we had a more unstable airmass today (but still with the sun and warmth), there could have been some very interesting weather in the Dublin area with all that wind convergence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭pauldry

Clouding up in Sligo but got very warm now 22c .

Theyr warm clouds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭pauldry

23c in Pheonix of the flames.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭OldRio

Clouded over in Leitrim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Amazing day in the midlands

Both Phoenix Park and Mount Dillon are reporting 23° at 14:00. Some cloud has built up recently (I'm on the other side of the Shannon, in neighbouring Longford).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,470 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lovely Wicklow mountain Lee Wave clouds visible on satellite and my weather webcam, when these appear it means happy days here !

From my webcam looking NE

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

24° (rounded) now at Phoenix Park. Still scope for it to reach 25° but I think 24° (rounded) will likely be as high as it gets. Happy to be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Stunning day here in Dublin, nicest day of the year so far. Great to be out in a t-shirt. We have waited long enough for a warm spell. 24 degrees now at phoenix park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

problem is those clouds remain stationary for long periods, mostly blue sky here but not much sunshine, the sun has been behind the same cloud all day it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rugbyf565

record high may 10th temperature, enjoy it lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Dublin has seen 24c this afternoon in the phenix park

For Once it's sunny here in carrick haven't seen sun in 3 weeks 😫 23c currently it's quite warm but I ain't complaining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I washed my Aran jumpers and declared winter officially over 😁

High of 22.6°C just after 3 PM currently 21.8

N Tipp

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

23C here in Meath today, a fantastic temperature for May and something we rarely achieve until June. The fact that this was not a direct easterly has helped things alot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,470 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yep, had a period of that earlier, have thinned out again and we are back in the sunny zone, hope its the same for you!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

This is what I wish the whole summer was like. With a few night time showers every couple of days. Perfect.

Mount Dillon 24° at 17:00…….higher temperatures later in the day are fairly common here on sunny days during the warmer months as it is located in a bog so there's loads of dark ground to absorb the heat through the day. Was recently 24° at my location just under 20km east of Mount Dillon and it's a lovely evening altogether with that breeze that is actually warm, like when you're on holidays. Humidity is low too so it just feels nice…….I wouldn't mind it another 5 - 8° warmer though :-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

21 to 23C possible again tomorrow.

Possibly warmer again on Sunday in eastern areas but turning more unsettled from the west with a big temperature drop following closely behind.

A 10 to 12C temperature drop by Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Northern lights tonight for some?

I'm ready to see northern lights tonight gonna be the best solar storm since 2005

NeVer seen the % so high before omg 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

New Zealand “Naked eye super bright! Though this was iPhone 13 plus with three second exposure. 10 seconds was too much!!”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

The whole country will easily have a show tonight, or at least a show that the phones will pick up nicely.

KP8 you’ll see Aurora in the likes of Austria and Slovenia or even further south.

Just need clear skies to hold up AND key parameters to do their thing when it actually gets dark. Midnight onwards for viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Astro1996

Haven't seen anything this crazy since the huge X-flares of 2003/4… G4.. kp8+ …my god 😱 Tonight could be amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,568 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Extreme G4 geomagnetic storm conditions observed in past 2-3 hours and current NOAA auroral forecast indicates Ireland and Scotland will see major aurora borealis conditions where skies are clear tonight. Peak time likely to be soon, 2300h to 0300h local.

• Advertisement

Advertisement