Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Some lovely sunshine tomorrow and Saturday, a bit more unsettled Sunday/Early days of next week but high pressure seems to return so nothing to bad in the next while. Tomorrow,Friday ,is a cracker though, get out and enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Woo hoo 20.8 c , c'mon the Royals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭appledrop

A stunner of a morning, unfortunately I'm in work but at least I arrived looking very summer ready!

Enjoy the day if your lucky enough not to be in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Class morning. It had been a very pleasant 10 days in May. Hardly any rain.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,218 ✭✭✭pauldry

Still only 5mm here for May and today will be at least 22c in Sligo if those clouds don't bubble too much. Mt Dillon will likely get to 24c or 25c this weekend too.

Next week Yr.no has 44mm for Dublin Tuesday but I severely doubt this. They overdo the rain a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I notice Met E mentions localised flooding for Tuesday, this reminds me of last June when not far from me traffic was stuck in flash flooding yet I didn’t get a drop just a few km away so some areas will likely get 40mm+ and some will get little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Technically there’s no night time for Malin head tonight , the darkest it will get is astrological twilight whereas Dublin for example will experience night time from 00.26 to 02.15. Maybe I’m talking absolute shite here but maybe the Northern lights could be more visible further south if it delivers nationally as there will be a bigger contrast in the sky.

Post edited by .Donegal. on

Ya shudnt hv said Aurora. Sligo heard ya and its getting cloudier. We can't be havn any of that. Its prob just fair weather cloud though n will be gone by night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

We are doing the Darkness into Light walk very early tomorrow morning, so will be keeping my eyes peeled, only ever saw them once as a child growing up here so been a heck of a long time!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭highdef

I can see those clouds off in the distance, from Longford. Hoping it stays sunny here!

I would guesstimate that the hot spot today could be the Phoenix Park with my second guess going to Casement. There's likely to be a bit of a Foehn effect in these areas today, due to the southerly breeze. A sea breeze might develop and reach the Phoenix Park later, hence why I mention Casement as well. High's of around 23° or 24°, I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭OldRio

Lovely morning in Leitrim. Sun 18C. Sunshine. Catching up with the gardening.

If we had a more unstable airmass today (but still with the sun and warmth), there could have been some very interesting weather in the Dublin area with all that wind convergence.

Clouding up in Sligo but got very warm now 22c .

Theyr warm clouds.

23c in Pheonix of the flames.

Clouded over in Leitrim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Amazing day in the midlands

Both Phoenix Park and Mount Dillon are reporting 23° at 14:00. Some cloud has built up recently (I'm on the other side of the Shannon, in neighbouring Longford).

Lovely Wicklow mountain Lee Wave clouds visible on satellite and my weather webcam, when these appear it means happy days here !

From my webcam looking NE

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

24° (rounded) now at Phoenix Park. Still scope for it to reach 25° but I think 24° (rounded) will likely be as high as it gets. Happy to be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Stunning day here in Dublin, nicest day of the year so far. Great to be out in a t-shirt. We have waited long enough for a warm spell. 24 degrees now at phoenix park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

problem is those clouds remain stationary for long periods, mostly blue sky here but not much sunshine, the sun has been behind the same cloud all day it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Rugbyf565

record high may 10th temperature, enjoy it lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Dublin has seen 24c this afternoon in the phenix park

For Once it's sunny here in carrick haven't seen sun in 3 weeks 😫 23c currently it's quite warm but I ain't complaining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I washed my Aran jumpers and declared winter officially over 😁

High of 22.6°C just after 3 PM currently 21.8

N Tipp

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

23C here in Meath today, a fantastic temperature for May and something we rarely achieve until June. The fact that this was not a direct easterly has helped things alot!

Yep, had a period of that earlier, have thinned out again and we are back in the sunny zone, hope its the same for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

This is what I wish the whole summer was like. With a few night time showers every couple of days. Perfect.

Mount Dillon 24° at 17:00…….higher temperatures later in the day are fairly common here on sunny days during the warmer months as it is located in a bog so there's loads of dark ground to absorb the heat through the day. Was recently 24° at my location just under 20km east of Mount Dillon and it's a lovely evening altogether with that breeze that is actually warm, like when you're on holidays. Humidity is low too so it just feels nice…….I wouldn't mind it another 5 - 8° warmer though :-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

21 to 23C possible again tomorrow.

Possibly warmer again on Sunday in eastern areas but turning more unsettled from the west with a big temperature drop following closely behind.

A 10 to 12C temperature drop by Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Northern lights tonight for some?

I'm ready to see northern lights tonight gonna be the best solar storm since 2005

NeVer seen the % so high before omg 😲

New Zealand “Naked eye super bright! Though this was iPhone 13 plus with three second exposure. 10 seconds was too much!!”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭John.Icy

The whole country will easily have a show tonight, or at least a show that the phones will pick up nicely.

KP8 you’ll see Aurora in the likes of Austria and Slovenia or even further south.

Just need clear skies to hold up AND key parameters to do their thing when it actually gets dark. Midnight onwards for viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Astro1996

Haven't seen anything this crazy since the huge X-flares of 2003/4… G4.. kp8+ …my god 😱 Tonight could be amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,626 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Extreme G4 geomagnetic storm conditions observed in past 2-3 hours and current NOAA auroral forecast indicates Ireland and Scotland will see major aurora borealis conditions where skies are clear tonight. Peak time likely to be soon, 2300h to 0300h local.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A fantastic display in the past 20 minutes here in Castlebar.

sky is too bright to the north yet but to west of me incredible red and green streaks even with the street lights

Lovely display here in carrick omg 😲

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Northern Lights are amazing !!!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

From carrick omg there all colours

• Advertisement

Amazing views in rural Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Incredible. Never thought I'd see with my own eyes in Dublin.

I'm just so happy we seen them although they did say 2024 we'll see more than usual and strongest tonight since 2005 who knows tomorrow night may be the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

silly question but I presume you are looking to the north to see this? I am in an elevated position overlooking Dublin City towards the north and I do t see anything like that!!
    edit

I’m in south Dublin looking north over the city and I don’t see any light show but maybe this is because of the light pollution from the city?
    To the North West I see the sliver of a moon and that’s lit up beautiful firey copper colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭alentejo

In Terenure..can't see a thing. Just realising how much light pollution we have

• Advertisement
Advertisement