Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭mikethecop

lol you watched that whole 4 hour interview in just 35 mins did you ?

knowledge would improve your understanding rather than just parroting what some leftist one said

• Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

So our taxes were used to pay for tents then two days later our taxes were used to scoop them up and dump them . Charming

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

realistically it's unlikely as it's still better then wherever they came from.

also, only assylum seekers determined by the authorities to be bogus after hearing their case and looking over the evidence, are bogus.

the payments to hotel owners would work out cheaper then australia's indefinite detention policy.

Post edited by end of the road on

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭suvigirl

I don't need to watch that video now thanks, I am well educated in Enoch and what he said and what he did. I don't need further understanding because I understand very well.

Please don't be insulting me, insinuating that I am uneducated or reliant on anyone else for my own opinions.

no hense i support a social housing building program.

however until this is done then anyone has the ability to bid for housing whether it be government or whoever regardless of my personal feelings on the matter.

• Advertisement

in relation to post 20477.

it's not a historical document at all or anything credible in any way.

it's just the discredited debunked ramblings of a discredited debunked racist degenerate.

britain's issues are down to a failed government of a failed political ideology continuing the destructive policies they started in 1979.

turning down freely offered information and knowledge on a topic that you claim to know enough about is not a logical position ,

if you feel insulted thats on you , not having all the information is a fairly good definition of being uneducated.

i recommend you watch it and seek out more information , what do you have to lose but your ignorance on the subject ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 boredyooser

Can you give examples please.

Please could you point out in the excerpts from I gave from Enoch Powell's speech given in 1968 where he was proved to be wrong in his forecasts.

He had remarkable foresight. The strain on public services. The despair of the indiginous population who now wish to emigrate from their ancestral homeland. The fact that certain groups of immigrant originn have indeed organised to continue their rivalries and exert dominance over their historical " enemies ". The favouritsm shown and blind eyes turned by the media and authorities to the Pakiastani Muslim gangs raping white British girls. Sectarianism along racial and religious lines, as the UK council elections starkly showed last week. It's only just starting. It's only been 56 years, give the UK another 56 years.

in relation to post 20478.

cheap social housing on mass was tried and it failed, in the uk for example it lead to poor construction methods and across both the UK and ireland it lead to ghetoisation which played a big part in causing the social problems that exist today in those areas.
    dispite this however, the fact is the vast vast majority from those areas and who grew up there are decent and work dispite what they had to contend with.
    mixing people is the only option and only way so as to remove the sense of entitlement and bring about cohesion.
    where someone is engaging in criminal behaviour and anti-social behaviour then they should be dealt with appropriately but mixing social and mortgaged housing is the correct policy so as to force people to live together and remove the sense of entitlement some mortgage holders have.
    no the country does work on the principal of do more get more and the turn up get more is a myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭downtheroad

If residents apply for social housing, are there minimum requirements for the number of bedrooms based on the number of people being accommodated?

However for asylum seekers it's now acceptable to pile 12 of them into one house?

Wait for some do-gooder to challenge the state on this, and each asylum seekers then being "entitled" to individual accommodation.

• Advertisement

Why would you think I need more information? You are not aware of my knowledge on any subject, particularly this one. I don't have any ignorance on the subject. I didn't say I was insulted, I asked you not to insult me.

Perhaps you don't see the arrogance in your post and the patronising way you are responding to me, but when I tell you that I am educated in Enoch and I know all I need to know, them just take that as final, Thanks.

how could less information be a good thing ? is that not how humans learn ,rather than just accepting what ome one else tells you

factual information and first hand accounts are hardly a threat to you "understanding " of a subject ?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Sunjava

😂 Enoch's farts had more integrity and made more sense than some of garbage logic that is applied in our current day...like others I suggest you read up before dismissing him as a racist so foolishly...but perhaps we are what we are.

As I said, you have no idea of my knowledge on any subject and definitely not this one.

Oh and not accepting what someone else tells you? Ironic no?

and yet you refuse the opportunity to expand your knowledge

no that is not ironic , not at all

If someone tells you that they know enough about a subject, then you respect that. Assuming that you somehow know more or better, is patronising. I don't need any more information about Enoch, I have read and watched and heared enough over my life, to be quite satisfied in my own opinion.

i have reality, nearly everything i have stated has either been proven correct or proven to be different to how those i challenge claimed it would end up.
    people move in and out of areas all the time, it has been happening since man existed and will continue to happen.
    mostly mixing has brought cohesion, there will always be the few where it doesn't quite work out but mostly it has.
    powell was a discredited debunked racist with no credibility, all his claims turned out to be crap, and thus your claims about specific minorities which already had no credibility now have twice as much non-credibility.
    absolutely britain is fecked and that is because of enough of it's own people who continue to vote conservative dispite things generally always being worse under such a government, and yes local government there is a joke and personally i think it should be abolished but ultimately not my country so not my decision.
    claiming that a specific minority are all guilty of a particular thing is racist as generally that is often a tactic used to have a go at a specific minority or minorities.

you feel patronized by me offering you more information than you already have ? strange

sort of weakens your argument when you admit that you not only dont have all the information but dont want it.

but sure i guess thats part of why the world is the way it is. maybe with maturity you ll change your point of view if you learn more 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭strathspey

What I don't understand is if 7000 deportation orders have been issued, why haven't we built a deportation centre instead of relying on these people to voluntarily leave the state. The same people who are now in the state, having been denied asylum in other EU countries could also be accommodated is said deportation centre before being shipped off.

People are asking you for examples. If you have read and watched enough over your life, surely you will be able to give some examples ?

As for me, I 've not only read and watched enough in my life, never mind lived experience, to know enough about immigration and the changes it has brought in London, birthrates and social housing, ( never mind crime and anti social behavior ), so after giving my knowledge of the somalian community in the UK, that you would suggest Irish women are the same. I find that quite patronising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭Augme

Because deportations centres are very expensive.

The WORST thing Ireland could do is embark on any sort of house building programmed ( well2 high rise flats ).

It will not solve the issue of Irish Homelessness or the housing crisis.

More social housing will only mean more arrivals to avail of it. And they will be prioritised due to " fleeing war ", being " single mothers ", being " traumatised " by unspecified and unproved bad men and bad things, " mental health " etcetera.

The honest indigenous would remain bottom of a list that increases with folk given more priority than them. They will never get to the top of the list.

Ireland would double it's population and achieve nothing, only the destrcution of a countryside towns with high rise flats and a culture.

2 / 3 million flats would achieve nothing, only more arrivals, and degradation of what once was a pleasant society.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Geert von Instetten

Agreed, deportation centres would be a useful infrastructure investment that would facilitate broader policies of deterrence consistent with the Danish model, they would be an ideal place to accommodate asylum seekers with expedited claims from ‘safe’ countries as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭nachouser

Mount St and various parts of the canal taken on my walk. It's not exactly Merrion Square. Grand to sit with a cup of coffee at lunchtime, but you'd hardly be heading to the canals with the kids for a day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Passed along the Grand Canal area earlier today, an migrant encampment is starting to build up around Baggot St. Bridge…

Whoever is leasing out all the fencing is making a fortune…

**** how bad it makes the canal look now, once an area of beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,688 ✭✭✭✭zell12

This looks pretty nice. Sheltered, green scenery, passing conversations, central location. Swap my one hour commute for one 😃 only £60/€70

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

What's worse is that not only is it taking an amenity away from the public, it's ineffective too. Tents are now going up behind the fencing.

You never have any statistics or proof to back up your assertions, only feelings.

Numerous studies have shown that people living in multi cultural areas or societies have greater fear and distrust rather than cohesion.

Powell had a great deal of credibility. And what he said 56 years ago has been proven to be right. Its happening right now in Irish society, the strain on services, the feeling of the young that there is no hope other than to emigrate.

I didn't just claim about specific minorities. Because there are facts, backed up by statistics. But some deluded folk will try and deny reality by screaming racism because it does not fit their utopian worldview. This line of thinking is what led to thousands of poor what British girls being raped and drugged by predominantly men of Pakistani Muslim heritage/etnicity, because nobody wanted to be called racist. In this situation, certain politicans, "anti racism groups" and sections of the media screamed down, smeared and silenced anyone who spoke up. Result ? Inaction for two decades and thousands of girls raped, some of whom were not even born when the issue was inittally raised by local MPs and a Channel 4 documentary they tried to ban. What a lot of people don't realise. is one of the first groups of people to try and raise awareness were Indians, because they knew it happened in their homeland. An organisation called Nisham SWAT set up a community group and patrolled Southall in West London to try and keep their young women safe. Were they racist ?

The ultimate racism is this deluded belief in Irish superiority. That what happened in Britain will not happen here. Because the Irish are " nicer " and have no exploitative colonial history. Incomers will respond to the warm Irish, and will behave differently in Ireland because of how the Irish treat them. That Ireland will get a better, superior class of new comers.

Enoch Powell was in many ways right with his predictions. That's why his speech is Verbotten. Ireland has looked across the water for decades and said " it won't happen here " because we are nicer than the brits. Well it's coming, and people can either stick their heads in the sand, or learn lessons from history. Powell was right about the UK, and 56 years from now people in Ireland will read his words and wonder why nobody considered what he had to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

It's mad to see the migrant camp on one side and about 25 metres further up on the other side was a group of women having a party on the canal boat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭jackboy

It does look nice now. It will quickly be pretty grim though when the typical Irish weather returns.

Advertisement