Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millers Crest Portlaoise

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 StikVista

Hi all,

Rockfield Close here - we're de-snagging on Monday 29th April (our initial snag was on Thursday 11th) with the aim to have the keys by Friday 3rd May before the long weekend. Can confirm tarmac was being laid in Close today, not sure about Grove or Square. Excited to get in, will update if we get any more news on 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gerard081

Rockview Grove has first layer of road now laid and can drive into it for a nosey. Looks very well 👌

Hi all, Rockview Close here, finished snagging earlier this week, no major issues and everything we put on the snag list was addressed. Couple neighbours have started to move in and we hope to have the keys in the coming days. Hope everyone else gets sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ram101

I will go for viewing next week, just wondering if anyone heard any negative feedback about the area around Millers Crest like some travelers around with caravans?

I heard this feedback from a friend used to live in portlaoise years ago but he wasn't sure?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bee616

Hello All,

we have just got sale agreed on one of the houses in Rockview Square. Did anyone get the keys yet? How is the area in general ?

We were told to the house is expected to be completed in September. Is anyone on the same boat?

Also during the site visit I saw a mountain of soil. Is it concerning?

thanks

• Advertisement

Congratulations,
    I've also got sale agreed and based on the feedback I got, the house will be ready in September.

I checked the area and I go there often even though I'm currently living in Dublin, I wanted to ensure there were no red flags to avoid but till now so far so good no one mentioned anything negative.
    Additionally, I've asked many taxi drivers when I visit if they've heard anything bad about the area, and all of them confirmed it's a good place.

hope we get more feedback about the area from the people already moved there

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Muthanna11

I moved in to the Grove a week ago. I am actually liking it, it's quiet enough area. Re the soil, they are probably levelling the ground. I don't think it should be any problem. Thanks!

is there any WhatsApp group for the residents of Rockview?

Not that I am aware of. If you come across any let me know else we can create one.

Hello all, I just learnt that there are 47 social houses coming in Rockview. Do you have any suggestions about this? Should we be concerned or its alright?

• Advertisement

i think this could be concerning, i'm not against anyone living in social houses but what I heard about drug issues in many social houses is my main concern

could you please confirm if this info is confirmed?

Where did you hear that? 47 seems like quite a lot considering the norm is around 10% of the estate but that’s closer to 33%.

Hoping to get the keys ourselves tomorrow, area seems lovely out of all the people I’ve asked no one has had anything bad to say. I drove around the estate today and the houses are all flying up, it’ll be a lovey estate when it’s done.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Portweather

A housing estate in Portarlington is 67% social and 33% private. Social housing can be any amount nowadays because approved housing bodies have the money and builders will sell a batch of houses in a heartbeat. If there is a vacant property beside you and not selling it will end of up as social housing.

I know thats why I am worried. Its not allowing me to post a link. If you refer pg5 of the Laois County Council MONTHLY MANAGEMENT REPORT
    DECEMBER 2023. You can check here it lists number of houses.

Congratulations! hopefully it will all be good.

Thanks for sharing this info

I found it at laois council website and social housing company which will manage it is Oaklee Housing you can Google the reviews about them and their tenants

I did look at the reviews. Not very positive. I am very confused 🫤. Do let me know what your suggestions are and if you find any more information.

I have created a whatsapp group if anyone wants to join: https://chat.whatsapp.com/JI24yeM7vGH43V5kPaXPov

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

In relation to the large mound of dirt, the plan is to remove same and use for the green areas they are planting.

In relation to the caravans etc, thats not true at all and the area is very quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Muthanna11

I would not be concerned about homes dedicated for people who cannot afford a home.Firstly, there is a stigma around homes being dedicated to low income, single parent, disadvantaged people, etc. Not all people getting a social home are troubled and not all people who can afford a home are saints. I lived near Foxrock (a filthy rich Dublin neighbourhood ) and there were teenagers doing drugs.

It's been 10 days me living in my new home and I am absolutely loving it. Just enjoy the journey of moving in and take any comments online with a pinch of salt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 hugovtm

I moved to Rockview Grove two days ago, and so far it's been fantastic, there's nothing to complain about, either inside or out, and everything works wonderfully...The neighbourhood is really tranquil, which has really pleased us! 
    As for social housing, I don't see it as a concern… if the concern is about increasing bad behaviour, mean people and drugs exist everywhere, regardless of socioeconomic status or other factors. 

I will try to share additional experiences as time goes.

Post edited by hugovtm on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 anu6

Is there creches around that area

Someone else will know better about existing Creches, but just replying to say there is currently planning permission for a Creche within the estate. They put in an application to change it to 2 or 3 houses instead and it got rejected last month so it will likely go ahead as a Creche.

As far as I can see on Laois planning permission the houses have got the go ahead on a second application and there will be no crèche which isn't a bad complaint as traffic will be reduced compared to if it was there. There are plenty of crèches within close proximity so nothing to be concerned about in terms of services.

Do you have a link handy for that @Gerard081, from what I can see it was refused in February and can’t see a second attempt. Could be missing something though.

Don’t mind too much either way but would be nice to know.

@StikVista you are correct in this case. There are so many of these planning applications under the same account it’s hard to keep track. But certainly you are right on this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rajatagrawal

Hi all
    Hope you guys are keeping well!

My wife and I have booked a house in Rockview Rise and given the booking deposit.

Our solicitor received the contract and sent below concern:

'The financial conditions in the planning permission:

A waiver is currently in place however if the development is not completed on time, the conditions become payable again. As a purchaser this is a risk for you and indeed the other owners and they are substantial. I requested an undertaking from them to confirm they will be paid in the future if they become payable but it is refused. Are you happy to proceed notwithstanding this potential risk?'

Has anyone else's Solicitor flagged the same to them and if so would you mind helping me understand what exactly this means?

I've been trying to find answers on the internet and this is the best forum I could find.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Rajatagrawal , this is the first we've heard of this waiver. Fortunately we have already moved into Millers Crest over 2 months ago. Can you give any more details on the meaning of this waiver?

Advertisement