Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public sector jobs

• 17-05-2024 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 45 VidaLoca

Hi,

I have a question for people working or applying for public sector work. Once Garda clearance is requested how long do people normally wait until they got notification of a Job.

Also, is the request for Garda clearance an indication that you will definity get a job ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

I have a question for people working or applying for public sector work. Once Garda clearance is requested how long do people normally wait until they got notification of a Job.

Impossible to say. Depends on a number of factors to do with the job/role, the person involved etc. I know about 4 or 5 years ago, there was a huge backlog when getting clearance. There were a load of Garda civil servant jobs coming up and they had to dig deeper for all of those applicants, so it took longer than usual and created the backlog. Some people were waiting 9 months+, if I remember correctly.

Also, is the request for Garda clearance an indication that you will definity get a job ?

No, not guaranteed. If you fail the clearance, for example, why would they offer you a job? I've never heard of anyone failing it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 VidaLoca

thanks , I was thinking more on the lines that if they ask you to apply for Garda clearance then its an indication they will have a job for you, if it all checks out of course.

Is my thinking correct ? How long do people wait after getting the clearance passed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

Yes, sorry, I'm not trying to worry you or anything. I should have said, it's a very strong indication that you WILL be offered something. They don't seek clearance on people they're not gonna hire.

Once the clearance has been given, it shouldn't be too long. Couple of weeks maybe, but again, depends on a number of factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 VidaLoca

Great !!! Thanks for getting back to me with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Dakota Spicy Sunburn

….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 sohara00

9 times out of 10 Garda clearance is requested only when a place has opened up for you to be put in, so once you pass the clearance it should'nt be more than 2 weeks before you get sent a start date at least.

Advertisement