Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anyone under 40 left on boards?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Reddit is just so **** though, why does anyone go on it?

I feel under 40, but if you want to get all astronomical about it, I have been around the sun 41 times.

Wow, i've just realised that I've been on here for over 20 years

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Gary_dunne

31 so thankfully still have a good few years before my 40's.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Man, enjoy every minute of them. I still can't believe how quickly my 30's shot by, far quicker than my 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Gary_dunne

32 isn't far around the corner and it shocks me that I'm this age, feels like I did my LC 5 or 6 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭yagan

Or does reddit use you?

I got sitebanned after posting an estimate on r/worldnews of how many Palestinians Israel would kill based on their kill rate after previous attacks. My estimate was 40.000, I saw a UN figure recently stating 35.000 Israeli caused deaths so far.

It's an awful site when you think about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Just turned 40 today. I'm officially a middle-aged curmudgeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Not a week goes by without someone telling me to 'grow up' followed by this look 🙄🙄

Does that count 🤔😁

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

38 this year too. Been here in one form or another for over 15 years, started as unregistered reading the consumer issues and motors forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What blows me away is that when my dad was my current age, I was 20. I can remember going for pints with my dad when he was 40 and he felt far, far older to me then than I do now. 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

31 now and 32 later this year.

However I sometimes feel like I'm 45.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Wow, just checked, I'm coming up to my 20th boards birthday in November! lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭RINO87

37…..but been here since my early 20's!

Edit…forgot my "join date" is right there, so I was 20. Was probly browsing for a while before that. I do recall the place did seem very "grown up" tho, even then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I'm almost 30 and have been using the site since I was 15. Even though it's not what it once was because the user numbers are so much less, it still offers something other major sites don't. A lot of the topics offer a more personal perspective as we are all in the same country and so it gives a lot of relevant context even to issues or topics that people experience or discuss in other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭archfi

I joined when I was a slip of a lad at 36…my boards life has hit 21 years this year.

Well that flew in.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Jaysis he must only have been a whippersnapper himself when you were born. I was 4 when my Dad was 40! Mind you I am the youngest of 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Not without a couple of blue pills anyway.

Think I started coming here looking for info when I started building my house in 2019

2019 you say. Long time ago.

I joined boards around 2004. Nevermind you, f*cking Jesus was still in pampers in 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Is this a way to find out people's age for chat up purposes? 😁

I'm mid 40s so a typical user I guess.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,521 ✭✭✭This is it

Still just about the right side of 40 :/

Here since 2010

Post edited by This is it on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭global23214124

I'm 32 and have been using this on and off since my leaving cert. I don't really post that much but like reading some threads when I want a distraction. I used to use another account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

I’m absolutely ancient but only using Boards around early retirement about 2017. A co-worker was always using it for a specific sporting area, and I wondered what that site was about, but I was always way too busy actually working in my work time to indulge my mild curiosity. However I eventually relented and took a look at the site and what caught my eye was the trending Liveline thread where there was hilarious posting that matched my type of humour. So I slotted right in, and my first post concerned a discussion on Liveline where a woman wasn’t satisfied with a second-hand mattress she ordered online. I cheekily commented on what might be on that mattress and instantly fitted in with the tongue-in-cheek vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I think I’m 18 years here. It seems more like about 12 or so. But times flies when you are having… yeah, 18 years. I’d have gotten less if I’d killed the annoying neighbour. 🤡

No longer under 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭MacronvFrugals

I'm 28

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭French Toast

30, on Boards.ie under various monikers since 2010 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,521 ✭✭✭This is it

Thought you were long gone Everlast. When I joined it was mainly for the COD forum 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 19,769 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Same. Still loitering around the politics forum, while still spending far too long playing COD!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭niallb

Not much more than 30… when I joined… 22 years ago!!!

Started up here when Ireland Offline moved to Boards and met a lot of good people here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Boards was my daily no. 1 website. in 2021 - they changed to a new platform and for a week the site was unavailable. from boards responses and my understanding it wasn't the future of the internet, i changed to twitter or reddit to my 1st check for news items meant boards is now an after thought.

Advertisement