Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Strangers - Chapter 1

Options
  • 17-05-2024 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭

LOL. The absolute notions to bring up that title card at the end of the most amazingly shi!e film was testament to the ignorance or brass balls of steel that Hollywood has.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,715 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They shot all 3 of them together, so one way or another - bad as it sounds this one is - there'll be a trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Fair play to them. The film struggled to get through 90 minutes, but we'll do a trilogy...

The next films getting a week in the pictures then heading to netflix.

Probably! The next one comes out - unsurprisingly - around Halloween, so that'll probably do decent business from that aspect alone. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the 3rd one goes straight to streaming through. But horror will always find a home somewhere.

From a purely pragmatic point of view though, it's a good idea - a series in one location where the crew can just keep rolling, with a different set of guests getting murdered in each. Like the way Ti West did 'X' and 'Pearl', with the same principal location, and the same lead actress playing 2 different characters. Makin' that money stretch! Just a shame this Strangers reboot sounds thoroughly rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Absolutely. From a production point of view it makes sense, but at least have a hook. Is the hook that it's a trilogy..?

There's no angle to it. Remove the title and it's way below par home invasion movie. Poor effort all round.

I wonder if the 2nd and 3rd might expand on the 'strangers' themselves or something? Though tbh, the scariest and most interesting part of the first Strangers back in 2008 was that they were just these terrifying mask wearing unknowns, so I'm not sure that breaking that mystique is a good thing either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Yeah, ultimately poor but enough to intrigue me for chapter 2, not sure beyond that though.

Not sure why there's spoiler tags but whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Imagine it will be suitable filler for a streaming service be it Prime or Netflix. Wasn't absolutely atrocious , reminds me of the films you used to find on the weekday slots of the horror channel. Still a long fall from directing the likes of Cliffhanger to this.

Advertisement