Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

I've standing tickets for Croke Park but hard copy and don't have them on my person. Does anyone know the entrance to take to get in to Croke Park for standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Probably Foster Terrace off Ballybough road if my 2016 memory serves me!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Thanks a mil, I couldn't remember what route we took in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

The PUC gig was my 8th or so Bruce gig. Massive pit as usual, got a good spot, arrived to venue at 5pm, didn’t move at all until he left the stage around 22:25, came away drenched but happy.

A 16 piece live band is relatively rare, and so in synch it was incredible, very tight throughout. He’s always changing setlists, so have seen The River, Born In USA, so many times before, it was nice to see other tracks played.
    Nice tribute to E street members Clemons & Federici.

Little Steven was the most dissapointing, looked like he had zero interest. did not do much at all, and would have not been missed. Nils gave some amazing solos as usual, and was much more plugged in, Talent/Bittan/Weinberg & Turell all on great form, and the horns section outstanding, as was the choir.

The exit was as many have said was - chaotic, the main exit to left of stage was still closed, 15 minutes after he finished. so people started going into the stand, it eventually opened several minutes later, dangerous, unsafe, extremely poorly lit all around,once you got outside, and signage abysmal. so in short. same oul amateur shite as usual with the GAA/Aikens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Tbf if you're playing 28 tracks then there's plenty of scope to play the handful of massive hits and mix it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

I ended up having an horrific night due to various health issues, which were compounded by the disgraceful exit system, and that partially flooded dark road we had to endure to get back to the city, and even though some very kind strangers tried to get me help, none was forth coming. I saw other people with disabilities struggling too, so shame on Aiken and whoever put that so called plan together.

However, while my experience was awful, I still think Bruce and the band put on an amazing show, as always. They played their hearts out. I did notice Stevie seemed a little off, but everyone else was on fire. I'm in the camp of having a diverse setlist. It's what makes a Bruce gig special. I thought the Santa Claus was hilarious. My highlights include My City of Ruins, and Rainy Night In Soho. The Pogues, and Victoria were backstage for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Seems to be a huge amount of Croker tickets for sale on Toutless and Ticketmaster Resale. Very hard to shift spare tickets, loads reducing the price. Never seen that for Bruce gigs. Strange given standing is sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Why are all seated tickets the same price for the Irish shows ?

Why is Aiken charging full price for restricted view seats ?

There are lots of different ticket prices for the other European dates, starting from 75 euro up.

Restricted view seats are not full price, you could get them in the UK for £65, here the same seat is 168 euro.

Thats primarily on the promoter, and it seems to be commonplace for Aiken to charge these flat prices for seats irrespective of whether its the best or worst seat in the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Was the demand truly there for a Dublin gig, given they played 3 shows there last year and a lot of folk would of saw him around the country the last 10 days ?

Maybe they could of done Galway or Limerick instead. Croke Park still will be busy mind you

Probably get crucified for saying this but no need for another 'Irish gig' in 2025

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

I see plenty of standing for resale on toutless too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

it rained a bit last night…..

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭TenPicnics

He actually played several massive hits, look at the set list, FFS. For the moaners compainng about no Born in the USA, yez got Born to Run and a rake of other classics. If all you know of Bruce is Born in the USA and The River, don't bother going.

Moaners, bit harsh if people were expecting to hear their favourites and he didn't play them.

I knew what to expect I had seen the setlists but others didnt and they were genuinely disappointed he didnt play songs like Born in the USA, the River, My Hometown, Jungleland etc.

Considering the weather on the night, Marys Place would have been very apt.

Was the demand truly there for a Dublin gig, given they played 3 shows
    there last year and a lot of folk would of saw him around the country
    the last 10 days ?

Theres only a few hundred tickets unsold out of 80k.

Limerick would have been a nice addition but I think its unavailable because of the rugby.

The traffic in Cork last night was atrocious, its a real bottleneck of a place Pairc ui Chaoimh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭moby2101

Thomond Park was available all this weekend, Im told it was in the running right up until the tour was finalised but Aiken pulled it in favour of a Croker gig….

Shame , 2013 in Thomond was incredible, the day after Limerick won the Munster Final !!
    great gig last night , was half thinking about getting a ticket for Sunday also !!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The famous 'congrats to Limerick, we don't know what the **** it is'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Maybe they could have sold 30000 instead of 85000.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I’ve seen this more and more now. I think it’s a double whammy of people getting Fomo cause “EVERYONE” is buying tickets and then realising they don’t want to waste so much money on something they’re half interested in.

Bit scabby but I’ve picked up a few cheap tickets with people wanting them shipped day of.

My cousin a die-hard Coldplay fan and unfortunately missed out on tickets. I told her 100% there will be tickets, the week of the gig.

It's great for actual fans, easy to pick up a ticket cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

To anyone reading the above that's not a diehard, rest assured that we don't all have this attitude. It's ok to want your favourites to be played, and it's ok to not know the entire back catalogue off by heart. Hope everyone enjoyed the gig.

*I would consider myself a diehard, for what it's worth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

aiken has agreed with various agents that they are big outdoor shows are flat prices. Rammstein show is similar to Bruce in that regard.
    There is negatives and positives to a flat price structure. As the end goal is to make X million on a Bruce croke park show (to cover costs and generate agreed profit) if it wasn’t flat price then the costs of seats/standing will be differ significantly and the likes of pit standing tickets or best seats would very easily be over €200 or €250 and then the terrible seats might be closer to €80 or €90. It’s a trade off.
    you can spend less in ireland and better a view than Wembley. Rear standing in Wembley are £150/€170 which is €35 more expensive than general standing here, and with general standing you can get pit access as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Over analysing setlists very seldom ends in anything other than tears. I’ve seen countless people saying Depeche Mode gigs were ruined when they didn’t play I just can’t get enough.

I’ve seen Liam Gallagher countless times since his solo project began and he has been great for playing completely random songs from his back catalogue. TBH it more often than not made the gig.

Reply to Mr Anarchy:

Well no, actually, nobody has any right/entitlement to hear a particular favourite on the one night they go to see Bruce. Grow up, FFS. There are SO MANY great songs to play, and he only has approx 3 hours. If some deluded/entitled people are stupid enough to shell out such a lot of money EXPECTING to hear their particular favourites - you're taking up space that a music fan or someone with a bit of cop-on would happily occupy, so maybe please stay away as you tend to ruin it for others. You don't get to pre-order culture to your liking, you're actually the complete opposite of what live performance is all about.

And in turn I would caution anyone who reads this thread and desperately wants to hear The River and Born in the USA to think twice about spending so much money and time going to Croke Park, especially if you're in not-great seats or way back on the pitch standing. It may not be the experience you hoped for and heard about from others. I say this as a fan who has been to see Bruce quite a few times over the last 35-40 years and who is delighted for people who've never felt it to experience how truly great a Bruce & E-St show can be. If you're in a good spot in the venue, and have a bit of interest in the vast, VAST back catalogue, or even just relish a massive band of skilled musicians doing their thing, you will have a great time. If they play one or more of your favourites, happy days, but chances are you'll have acquired other new favourites by the end of the concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Paid £175 for FOS Wembley, which I was happy to do to guarantee pit access

that’s comes to €205 or so, which wasn’t far off what I thought it might be. €70 for guaranteed pit access is hefty enough premium imo

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

Is there anywhere else people are selling? Never used toutless before and so can't use it now. Still some on TM but would prefer pitch standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Gunner5

Sorry this could already be asked but what the craic with pit passes/wristbands?

first come first serve but Bruce diehards having been running their own numbering system all week so they show up and jump the current people in the queue. The pit ag croke is large so if early tomorrow shouldn’t have a problem getting wristband

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

There's standing tickets on ticketmaster resale, just some scrolling required to find them

• Advertisement

Advertisement