Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein and how do they form a government dilemma

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Partygate forced Bojo out eventually, using it as a whatabout means those at the funeral should also do the right thing and resign.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭pureza

I take it you're a Sinn Féin supporter

The restrictions were founded in logic,hospitals were overwhelmed in the early days with no vaccine

It would undoubtedly have been much much worse without the restrictions

Whats hilarious is a Sinn Féin supporter citing what the foreign PM Boris was at,as cover for what Sinn Féin did

Although hilarious is not the word

Strange would be a better one

I wouldn't mind the too'ing and fro'ing here

Most of it is the same few people trying to get a rise out of one another

It's extremely repetitive and sadly is an integral and it appears important part of some peoples days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

”I think” 🤔

Or is it what Sinn Fein agenda push’s so people copy & paste.

It’s funny Sinn Fein supporters constantly demand online that the past should be forgotten when it is mentioned about Provisional Sinn Fein creation and the issues in the North

Then a few posts later they waffle about the “civil war” 🤦‍♂️

what Sinn Fein supporters also don’t want mentioned is the political rally dressed up as a funeral was in the North which couldn’t handle Covid at all, mostly down to the incompetence of the assembly, which results in the hospital in Rep of Ireland close to the border been flooded with people from the north as they could get no help from the Northern system

All while Sinn Fein was up doing selfies at the funeral of …..well you can get the information yourself on the character in question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Notmything

So your response to people dragging up sf history is to refer back to the civil war, the irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,853 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nowhere got Covid all right. Even here people died because the wrong decisions were made.
    Had we a sworn inquiry then there would be red faces here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭Francis McM

Most people done the best they could, and did not want to risk flooding the hospitals with patients, especially in those early months when there was no certainty of a vaccine being developed etc.

For say a year after Covid really hit the world (early Spring 2020), what was the biggest mass gathering in this country by far? It appears to have been that funeral in Belfast in June 2020, thousands of people, with buses from as far as Kerry / Cork? And not a mask in sight. Anyone else come close to such a gathering?

The point I made was a rebuttal of the notion that NI got it all wrong.

That is of course exaggerated.

All governments/political parties devolved or not, got stuff terribly wrong and people died or got sick as a result.

Covid didn't care what size the crowd was or who was at an event.

You did not answer the question. During the pandemic, was the IRA / SF funeral in Belfast the biggest mass gathering in this country by far? Anyone other gathering come close?

Yes, with the benefits of hindsight governments around the world may have done some things differently, but do not forget with the Covid 19 pandemic they were in unchartered territory and nobody knew what the future held.

If you were in government then would you have encouraged mass gatherings without masks etc? Of have the leaders of the biggest political party from around the island attend, with buses reported to have come from as far away as Kerry and Cork?

• Advertisement

So you refuse to accept that Covid didn't give a dam about the size of a crowd, making any breach a serious mistake.

People and governments and politicians and political parties made mistakes that in 'hindsight' they wouldn't.

The bigger the crowd the bigger the chance of transmission. That is why there was some limit on crowd sizes virtually everywhere in the world, a.f.a.i.k., certainly in the western world. Of course you / SF know different.

You still did not answer the questions.

(A) During the pandemic, was the IRA / SF funeral in Belfast the biggest mass gathering in this country by far?

(B) Anyone other gathering come close?

(C) If you were in government then would you have encouraged mass gatherings without masks etc? Or have the leaders of the biggest political party from around the island attend, with buses reported to have come from as far away as Kerry and Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,440 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

think sf are screwed, theyre losing numbers and they ll need everything they can get to have any chance at all at forming a government, tis looking like another ffg…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭pureza

• Registered Users Posts: 29,440 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

im just not convinced of that, i think ffg are playing a blinder in regards immigration, and its working, i think sf are sunk, many are gonna move towards newer, more extreme candidates, but most if not all wont play any role in forming a government, pushing it back towards ffg…

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Luckily SF have been found out for what they really are, another four years in opposition for them and let's be honest they are perfectly happy with that.

I don't know if it was the biggest or not. It was the wrong thing to do, I have said that from the start and my very first post on the issue.

A breach was a breach.
    A mistake was a mistake. And many made them.

*It's great to see we are a 'country' again.

Ok, we do not know if it was the biggest gathering of a crowd of people (reported as 1800 or thousands) during Covid, but as nobody can suggest a similar size or gathering otherwise we can only assume it was.

Well, if it was a competition, who would win the encouraging people to leave the country to attend concerts one? Or who would win the encouraging gofing society outings one?, or the civil service department parties when securing UN positions one?
    Governments, political parties and politicians as well as the ordinary people made mistakes or did the wrong thing. They deserve criticism and penalties if they broke the law.

I do not remember any concerts in April, May, June 2020 or indeed for a long time after that. In April / May / June 2020 I think 99% of people took the restrictions seriously. Good attempt at deflection though.

• Advertisement

It's not deflection it's 'perspective', Which you don't seem to possess if there is a shinner about.

From your "perspective", what concerts were there in April, May, June 2020 or indeed for a long time after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

The notion that there'll be any appreciable impact on voters because of a politician attending the Bohs-Palestine game is pretty far fetched. For it to be true you'd need:

1. A significant cohort of voters for whom Gaza is the defining factor in who they vote for.
    2. Despite this, that these voters somehow haven't made up their minds based on the vast amount of political talk and action (and inaction) relating to Gaza in near eight months since Hamas' offensive.
    3. That these same voters will however be convinced to vote one way or another based solely on seeing a photo of MLMcD at Dalymount the other night?

It simply makes no sense.

And I mean this to cover both pro and anti-Palestinian sentiment.

Coming up to the election nobody wil care about Palestine, people will unfollow a few celebs online and think that is them done for a protest against what is going on

Sinn Fein are banging the Palestine drum yet at the same time running over to the US to get huge donations from the same people they are complaining about. Another example of Sinn Fein and their incompetence. They can't even make a proper stand on any topic without flip flopping around.

Of course the same people who already voted SF and think sticking a flag of Palestine on their online profile is helping, will think ti is great 😂

It's a good job social media exists otherwise I'll never know about them running over to the US , from Canada or Mexico presumably, to get huge donations from the anti-Palestine crowd. Can't find any such details anywhere else mind so I hope this isn't a misinformation campaign

It's down to the roots of the party, FF/FG were opposing sides of the bloodiest war ever fought on the island, a huge representation of separation. Sinn Fein, which translates roughly as "us" or "we ourselves" is a symbol of unity in many ways don't you think

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

What a load of rubbish and rewriting history. First off Sinn Fein stands for ''ourselves alone'' and was the named so to project a party that was set up to achieve Irish Freedom. Secondly FF and SF were on one side of the civil war as SF or the Irregulars. It split in 1927 when FF was formed as they decided to enter the Dail.

Post edited by Bass Reeves on

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Notmything

The civil war was not the bloodiest war ever fought on this island ,that and your misunderstanding of what sinn Fein means suggests you need to brush up on your learning.

You also misrepresent FF and FG as representing separation when they've been in power together in one form or other for the past number of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

It's very simple:

Eddie Copeland

Brian Gillen

Gerry Kelly

Ted Howell

Martin Ferris

Tom Murphy

Gerry Adams

Danny Morrison

Thomas McMahon

Martin Lynch

If you want these old men running the country from 2025 onwards just vote for the local stooge in your area. That includes MLMD, the leader without a voice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I have to take issue with you about MLMD.

A “voice without a leader” would be more appropriate 😂

Advertisement