Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster v Leinster, 18/05/24, 7:35pm, Ravenhill. Match thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Leinster could do with a speedy, goal kicking 9 like Cooney

😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Christ Harry is poor tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Ulster finding lots of kick space out wide

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Harry Byrne is making it very easy for Leo not to pick him next week.

Anyone who claims he's better than Ross or Frawley need only look at this game to see how bad he can be when he's not playing well.

From an Irish perspective real pity Addison could never stay fit, I think he is a fine player . Surprised he is being let go by Ulster .

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I’d say McCloskey couldn’t believe he was allowed to do that. Bizarre.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭fitz

"Don't play the 9 play the ball" he says as Stu has his arms around the 9.

Luke to scrum half is so disappointing as Foley was playing great there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

Ahhh… put McGrath on the wing and keep Foley at scrumhalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Ulster LH getting away with murder there

• Advertisement

EOS knee on the ground for ages there. Not sure what the refs are at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Ominous for Leinster. Their pack (the bones of which will likely be finishing the game against Toulouse) are being comprehensively outmuscled by what is a (respectfully) average Ulster pack.

Equally ominous for Ulster that they haven't been able to capitalise more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Feel awful for Ngatai and TOB. Both are excellent players, that can't stay fit for more than a handful of games.

Piardi is woefully inconsistent with his calls. Deegan clearly had both knees on the ground, but Ulster are allowed strip the ball out anyway. He gave a penalty for that earlier in the game.

Ulster have got outside Leinster a few times and were not great.

I think Toulouse are going to torture this Leinster defensive system next week.

Not concerned with our defence. It has by and large been fine when we've selected our strongest 23.

Attack is more of a concern for me. The Toulouse defence is very jackal oriented and if they can't poach the ball early they lose discipline and line breaks/penalties are conceded.

Leinsters attack under Lancaster was focussed on accuracy at the breakdown to clear out and provide quick ball. It completely negated the Toulouse turnover threat in both semi finals. But we're not as precise in possession anymore and will give them more opportunities to poach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭50HX

Ngatai looked injured scoring his try

TOB is a great bit of stuff, hopefully not too serious a knock, Foley did well at 9

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Who will be outside centre for Toulouse next week? Maybe Addison is skewing my judgement a bit (he's playing really well tonight) but it seems the 13 channel is key to unlocking this Leinster defensive system.

Next weeks team won't be anything like this week's team so I'm not sure how anything Ulster do today would be relevant to Toulouse. Henshaw and Osborne will be far more disciplined than Ngatai/Brownlee and JOB.

Is it just my misconception or does Harry Byrne looks disinterested/ sulky ,almost doesn't seem to care.His body language is woeful

• Advertisement

Luke McGrath has taken any pace we did have tonight ,well and truely away.

I think it might be confirmation bias. When he's playing well the same body language would be interpreted as confidence/calmness.

Connors and Keenan are Leinsters best players by far.

Most concerned by how poor are attack is. Wasn't great in the first half, but has gotten worse.

He's a brutal downgrade on JGP and it seems even on Foley.

Such a shame for Foley as it was his chance to play his way into next week's team (even if the chance was miniscule).

It irritates me to no end when he throws his arms up at the referee every second or third ruck rather than just getting on with it.

Looked short

Edit: it wasn't, when he moved the ball from vertical to horizontal he made it to the line...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,521 ✭✭✭This is it

McGrath crazy slow. Good try for the forwards

Poor pass by Byrne. In realtime I could see the intercept and I'm no athlete!

Ulster were on the back foot and I reckon we were on the way to scoring.

I don't like blaming individual players but Harry Byrne is having a howler tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Harry Byrne having a shocker

Advertisement