Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

All the effing artificial sweeteners. And the ubiquitous palm oil. I have a feeling that motor oil would leave your mouth with less of a coat of grease than palm oil does.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭PP Lee

Same with San Pellegrino drinks, they’re terrible now compared to what they used to be.

This eve’s TA is that my Vodafone TV box keeps freezing and breaking up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Be right back

No need to apologise or explain yourself! TA that you felt you had to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

This wouldn't arise if Aldi had self-service, basket only or a "less then 10 items" checkout.

Otherwise, where do you draw the line at "a couple of items"? 3 or 4 items?

What do you do then if you let one person go ahead of you and another person comes behind you with "just a couple" of items - should you let them go ahead too?

Don't get me wrong, I would and have waved someone with maybe 3 or 4 items ahead of me if I was doing a big shop, but I would be TA'd if someone just expected me to wave them ahead of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,389 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Tyson Fureys auld fella John , ….. roaring at cameras with his faux agressive outrage and chastising basically anyone not lining his and his sons pockets or anyone not backing his young fella ….. I know it’s mostly playing to the cameras WWE style but still he’s basically the sort of person influencing why TVs won’t ever be without mute buttons… and why if I ended up sitting beside him on a plane I’d probably rather get off and just fücking walk….

That’s their culture . No need to read too much into it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,434 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Bluebottles are a$$holes. Trying to have a lie in but one decides to act as an alarm clock by buzzing incessantly around my head until I'm up 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 13,700 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I hate them so much. Like, they give me the literal rage, which my boyfriend finds quite amusing for some reason. The way they ALWAYS find their way into the house a nanosecond after you even crack a door or window, but they never, ever find their way back out.

We have two sets of patio doors in our kitchen. There were about fcuking 15 flies in there the other day so I opened both sets of doors, reasoning that there was twice as much chance for them to find a way out. Nope, all that happened was twice as many flies came in.

HATE THEM!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,389 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Saw some highlights of the Fury vs Usyk fight.. reminded why I dont take it seriously as a sport, when you have a barley mobile geriatric referee who seemingly was breaking his bollocks to help Furey… a number of times.. including the slowest count in history.

Thinking maybe as not a boxing fan I've misread the situation but a lot of the talk this morning is commenting on how useless he was. A que of former top flight boxers lambasting him so....seems he wasn't up to it or maybe he… hmmm. either way. Dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Watched Infested last week, a horror movie about a spider infestation in a high-rise. The next day I pick up my trainers that I had left on the landing and a spider crawls out over my hand. Yesterday a huge house spider was sitting in the kitchen sink. Can they please a) stay outside or b) stay hidden if they're inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Space Dog

2nd TA: Listening to live podcast episodes. So tiresome.

One of my cats used to loooove to chase them and daddy longlegs. He'd catch them with both his paws, then put them in his mouth without biting down hard (you could hear the buzzing coming from his mouth), then he'd eat them and purr like mad. They were probably a cat version of popping candy. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Damn it, you're right! Now I'm TAed that I've posted a TH in the wrong thread! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,700 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Daddy longlegs don't bother me but bluebottles drive me absolutely demented. Noisy, dirty, horrible yokes altogether.

I need to buy myself one of those electric tennis racquet-y type zappers. Had one years ago and the satisfaction/catharsis every time you whacked one of the winged pricks was immense.

Or hire yourself a couple of 5yo’s and give them a swatter each . We used to have great craic in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Past few weeks I've been very measured with my eating ahead of my bloods this week, for no reason I can figure out it's getting harder to do this each run-up.

Aldi was doing chocolate slices with peanuts and puffed rice which my brain fixated on and it was a real battle to not buy and eat it at least once.

Blood in the lab and I have a spare €€, so as I was in Aldi I said I would buy that chocolate slice to reinforce the positive feelings of delayed gratification.

No chocolate slice in any of the local stores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

😤

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Until they do it with a wasp, get stung on the inside of their mouth, and their head swells up.

(Happened to one of mine). Rush to the vet job.

• Advertisement

I thought you were talking about 5-y-o, for a sec...

Looking at scores in Globle , people getting it in 5 or 7 guesses . Me 21😷

No, a silly tabby! 😼

Who didn't learn her lesson the first time, and actually did it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

This new thing on Boards.ie where other users respond directly to your post but don't bother quoting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,021 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I think that a different TA, there has been issues quoting in Vanilla. You think you're quoting but the quote doesn't appear.

Like the thanks issue, posts not showing, 503s, site not accessible etc etc …

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I don't always bother quoting as it TA's me when some people quote in every single reply they make.

Should I have quoted someone to make it clear who I was replying to? But then I might be just making a general comment.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

When they specifically reference something in your post then it isn't a general comment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Work office has recently moved to more sustainable and environmentally friendly way of getting your coffee. We now get reusable plastic cups instead of paper cups, which is fine. They've removed all sugar sachets and left a big bowl of sugar, which is also fine. However, they leave a big spoon there to measure your sugar and some people seem to have no issue dunking the spoon in their coffee/tea and leaving it all crusty and clumpy in the sugar bowl. Also, it's tough enough to judge the sugar when you're used to a teaspoon/sachet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I left my bike in for repair in the local bike shop, and got it back on Saturday. Apart for cycling home then, I didn't cycle it until going to work this morning. Half way in, I notice that the saddle is at a lower setting than I prefer…and ten seconds later, it slipped to the lowest, with me almost kneeing myself in the face! 😉 I tried to fix it to get me in but it still needs to be done correctly and for good.

Something similar happened ages ago when they had my other bike, so are they oiling the seatposts or something? I'm going to have a word with them soon…

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement