Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Seems like another convincing win for the minors, 4 wins from 4 in the group phase.

Play Tipp on May 20th in the Munster final.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭caddy16

All the more impressive considering the unfortunate Marc O'Brien is out injured for the year. He was the captain and star player really. BOC really impressing again with this group.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

thursday night was most impressive , liam murphy was really only a supporting act at the start of the campaign for the likes of marc o'brien his last two performances in particular in front of goal has been sensational 3-1 against tipperary and 2-3 against cork for the amount of possession he gets in a game his ratio of scoring is top class

the middle 3rd though is serious , mathew corbett harry Doherty , patrick finneran james cullinane , dara Kennedy and rian mulcahey have built a wall between the two 40s their work rate is immense , a lot of that is down to brian o'connell too even with 2 minutes to go the other night and seven points up you could hear him roaring work work work !! on the sideline anything can happen on the day but it would be a huge success to win back to back munster championships , especially after so many of last years team were overage this year

last night however was a different story , we did well to grind out a win but the truth be known tipp were much stronger much more physical team then us , they lost paddy mccormack early in the game , up to that point he was running the show ,basically a superb performance by conor whelan kept us in the game , the ball into the forwards at times was poor and when deliveries were good the likes of collins and O'Neill were muscled out of it by there men , mark sheady pulled off one super save that would have probably finished the game as a contest

and while its good to see the likes of diarmuid stritch and sennan dunford return from injuries , that performance probably wont be good enough next friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Morning. I have a spare ticket for Sunday. North terrace. If anyone is stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 30 slanket

Travelling up from Waterford for the game on Sunday. Where would be best to park? Are any Gaa clubs doing match day parking? Don't mind a walk to the stadium. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The Holy Family school does match day parking.€5 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 slanket

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

What terrace will waterford supporters be in on Sunday lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

…..

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

I have 2 stand tickets for the Tipp v Clare match in Thurles if anyone’s intereted? I accidentally bought tickets for the wrong match. I can transfer them on ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,605 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Where do Clare people usually park if going to a match in Semple? Historically I'd have been going from South Tipp to matches in Semple, so it was a breeze. Coming from Clare for the Tipp vs Cork match on Sunday though i'm unsure. There'd hardly be parking made available in the 'new' Thurles Sarsfields pitch (that spare one opposite the Racetrack)?

Thanks

Post edited by callaway92 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Who does your social media now? The level of Clare's social media has gone through the roof. Offaly's too.

Davy’s at the oul mind games again. Can’t help himself:

Waterford manager Davy Fitzgerald says Clare have the players to win an All-Ireland but doesn’t “know why it hasn’t happened”.

Ahead of the counties’ Munster SHC Round 4 clash in Ennis, Fitzgerald admitted to  The Clare Champion  that it’s always difficult facing his native county and return to being a Clare supporter “once it’s over”.

The county’s 2013 All-Ireland SHC winning manager said: “There’s no better feeling than donning the saffron and blue and playing for your family, your club and the people of Clare. It won’t be easy on Sunday but I’ve a job to do and that job is to give 110% for Waterford.

“I can’t do it any other way. It’s not in my make-up. In a perfect world, I’d manage Clare forever, but that’s not how things work out and I could never pass on an opportunity to work at the top level of the game and that’s why I’m Waterford manager.” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭funnyname

I can't make it to Sunday's match and I have 4 tickets available, 2 adults & 2 kids, pm if you want to buy, payment by revolut.

Fairly sure it’s a college student; and why wouldn’t it be with the amount of people that are so good at using Canva these days

Usually park on the main road to by the racetrack. Or else on the Templemore road.

Probably. Tipp can't manage it anyway. It's more the videos I've noticed. But I suppose they can use Canva for that? No doubt there's an app for it.

• Advertisement

Ya animations are handy on it too

Some teams are just up with it these days and some aren’t. Limerick still use PowerPoint for their lineup announcements sure!

under 20s campaign came to an end last night against a really good cork team , not the best game in the world at times but it wasn't helped by fussy refereeing on both sides in fairness , wiliam buckley was excellent for the visitors ,jack leahy was good on the frees but well marshalled by john cahill in open play , dennis cashman and cillian tobin all look really tidy players for the future too

a large chunk of the clare team are underage next year with the likes of mark sheedy , jamie moylan ,michael collins , ronan kilroy,james heagerty and eoin gunning are all underage in 2026 in this grade which shows the potential in the group , next year will offer a better test at winning a munster and maybe even going further

cork will have there hands full in the final against a really good tipperary side , good forwards and big physical players all over the pitch but judging the celebrations at the end by ben o'connor and his team , just getting back to the final ment alot

big game in the park tonight for the footballers against a much improved cork team that came up short last year in ennis , if we can replicate the kerry performance in the munster final and take the chances especially the goal chances tonight we are in with a huge shout

cork are footballs marmite , one minute they look as good as any team in division 1 , another they look like a team that would struggle in division 2 , both teams scored and conceded nearly an identical amount form play against kerry in the munster championship cork scored 1-08 from play in killarney while clare scored 1-08 from play in the munster final , cork conceded 0-14 from play in the game in killarney while the Kingdome scored one point more from open play 0-15 in ennis 2 weeks later

big games tonight needed from cillian brennan and manus doherty again on colin corbett and brian hurley , we cant allow the concession of goals again tonight to have a serious chance

Clare 1-11 Cork 1-13

Cyril kavanagh made a weekend of it in ennis and the rebels most famous supporter went home happy after cork grinded out two big wins in ennis in both codes , almost a carbon copy of the hurling last night ,the football failed to excite and was a poor showing from both teams at times

cork dominated the first 17 minutes of the game going into a 1-4 to 0-2 lead , clare brought it back to within 4 at half time when it could have been so much more , we lacked any sort of forward movement or penetration through out the first half and had to settle for four points from frees with a sean powter goal , two brian hurley points and points for conor corbett and colm o'callaghan done the early damage for the visitors

the first 17 minutes of the second half was a complete reverse as clare outscored cork by the same margin and the game was in the balance up until the last kick of the game , an aaron griffen goal two daniel walsh points and two more emmett mcmahon and ciaran downes frees eventually had the sides level going into the final quarter

cork ringed the changes , brining on rurai deane , stephen sherlock and mark cronin , cronan and sherlock kicked the next 3 scores and cork gave themselves a lifeline , an emmett mcmahon point late in the game gave us a slight chance of a late winner , but after two late half chances passed from a free in and a 45 , time was up ,

ikem and manus doherty were probably our best two on the field , the only two players really looking to break a line or a tackle , dermot Coughlin look liked he hadn't much training done all week he wasn't as sharp as he was against kerry , but in truth it was the flat first half performance that left us with too much to do today

clare scorers

Emmett McMahon (0-5, 0-5 f);

Aaron Griffin (1-0);

Ciaran Downes (0-1 f, 0-1 45),

Daniel Walsh (0-2 );

Dermot Coughlan, (0-1)

Jamie Stack (0-1 ).

time for the big one tomorrow , against the most improved team in the munster championship this year , so good have the performances of the likes of calum lyons , tadhg de burca and mark fitzgerald that davey has completely ditched the sweeper system , not only did we chastise him over it , he wrote a book about it and how it was the only way to win at elite inter county hurling ,

waterfords back 6 have been fantastic in the first two games , something even limerick have been struggling with , along with this , waterford are shooting from high percentage scoring areas rather the low ones last year , davey will have a huge chip on his shoulder after the bust up with that lunatic romer in the tunnel last year in thurles

i reckon kelly will start , but the word on duggan is not great , duggan is seriously important for puckouts alone , he had a super game in cork two weeks ago too in general play , great to have daragh lohan back a real chippy personality on the field which is something we will need , its going to be a big day for the clare backs , hutchinson has found his form again and the likes of barron mikey kiely and pendergast are all hurling with confidence , this is a huge game in the context of the group

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Still have a spare for the north terrace today if anyone needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Treble double

Poor spectacle yesterday evening. Both teams set up defensively and rarely pushed up on kickouts. Cork have better quality players and were full value for the win. Clare are well set up tactically and won't get a trimming off anyone but lack the quality to put up the scores at the other end. OCallaghan cleaned us out around the middle of the field. Different game to the Kerry one because Cork were more defensively minded, Dermot Coughlan got no openings and was coming deep for possession and going lateral. Aaron Griffin was living off scraps and some of the ball kicked into him was God awful and not what you expect at this level. Ikem had a fine game again did a good job on Powter and himself and Manus were the only two players capable of punching holes in the Cork defensive set up. Don't think we will get anything in the remaining games only experience. Hopefully they will get a few players back next year, badly needed, some of this starting 15 are very limited.

"its better to be born lucky then rich"is an old saying i never agreed with until today , great to see that out , waterford were excellent to be fair , kevin mahoney , calum lyons and tadhg de burca in particular , conlon, shane o'donnell and david reidy before he hit a bad wide were our better performers , duggan was good at times but done some awful stupid things at times , rodgers was in and out of the game i taught very wasteful with a few wides but saved us in the end with the 65 , shane o donnell is nothing short of a superstar though

davey fighting again on the sideline , a great man to take his beating 🙄 , himself and tommy corbett went at it at the end

• Advertisement

nicholas rynne was back doing interviews after the game today , he seems to be the only reporter that lohan gives a straight answer to , a measure also of john conlon who took selfies and signed autographs throughout his interview ..

Advertisement