Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion Spring/Summer 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Pics from Borris. Towards sw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭pureza

Current view due west from Arklow towards Carlow maybe 30kms inland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Thanks @Meteorite58 .. So far so good here in Carrigaline. Generally blue skys, odd small breeze and great drying .. warmest day here this year so far, chill gone out of breeze also. Maybe as you said, we are near the south coast, this event remains inland. I note up around alan of @carlowweather territory they are getting a right blast of it alright ( tullow etc ) as per his X feed.

Fingers x'ed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The forecast was well off today, its been a memorable day nationwide!! No matter what storms kick off now (and it looks like very few) the main story is a fine sunny warm day!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,315 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

distant rumbles, waterford city, incoming!

• Advertisement

Near listerlin, kilkenny.

Near constant thunder now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Yeah slow enough start, firing up around Waterford now and just that bit inland. 17.9c here and blue skies if a bit more milky but really nice day, just after lunch in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

A few rumbles in waterford city now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

coming back from youghal, glorious sunshine in youghal, get closer to cork city and it’s getting dark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Rumbling away to the north of me now, big cell moving south west from Lismore towards Cork City.

• Advertisement

I've been following on behind this storm since Borris, Carlow. Am now just barely north of Waterford city. And it's here you could say there was spot flooding.

It's heading on for Waterford further and I'm now heading for home again.

Slainte. You are gone a big one now.

The ingredients are coming together now alright for places like Cork! Heat is certainly there. My prediction is a very localised event with most missing out. But could be severe where they do crack off

And it's here in East Cork!!

Pretty big rumbles alright 🙂 going to put the drone up shortly and hopefully get a few shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Constant rumbling now here

Very severe storm now inbound to Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Still a scorcher in Cork City but clouds to the north and east, can hear distant rumbles..the heat here is intense.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Convection growing near Cork, getting nice cold cloud tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

is it cork city’s lucky day at last?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭aisling86

west of ballincollig looking east - we had a fantastic show in Thursday and it’s much warmer today so hopefully it reaches us here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭aidanodr

First daycent rumble in carrigaline @Meteorite58 .. this from my front door

The current cell is dieing off, quite like what happened Thursday evening. More potential next 2-3 hours but very local

Storm near Cappoquin co Waterford now

Quite active

A lot of CG strikes in this one

• Registered Users Posts: 21,364 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Raining now in Bishopstown, very warm and humid.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eronayne

just a bit north or Aherlow. Can hear really distant rumbling from that storm down near lismore.

Looks really severe over Cappoquin direction. Will it move Southwest towards Cork or die out? The trend is it will head close to Cork and then die, let's see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭cml387

Everything seems to have missed us here in Clonmel. I see lots of cb to the north east so maybe all is not lost yet.

Advertisement