Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LohansRedHelmet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

the main two streets of the town are a bit of a building site at the moment but all the good pubs are on it and only a 2 min walk from the ground , the diamond, , brogans for food , ciarans , knoxes probably better after the game

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Whitenblue93

what a day for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

best of luck to the lads today
    bring everything you Brought to the previous 2 games and seize the opportunities when they arise and we’ve got a great chance
    deise abu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

The very best of luck to Davy and all the lads today, safe travels to anyone making the journey up.

It’ll be a big ask and a win up there would be an absolutely massive result. If you were a betting man you’d say the smart money is on a relatively straightforward Clare win by 5-8pts but I said the same last weekend of Limerick taking care of Cork.

I’d be going in in a bit more hope than expectation but could well turn out to be one of those great days. I feel it’ll either go really well or totally disastrous, there’ll be no in between! Would love to get a win as I’m just sick of losing to them. Outside of Limerick I don’t think there’s any team we’ve as dire a record against in the last few years as Clare so today’s the day to end that rotten run.

Need everyone to put in a huge performance and fight like dogs (unlike previous years up there) to have any chance. Here’s hoping that’s exactly what happens and we finally guarantee getting out of Munster as well as a Munster final to look forward to.

Hon the Déise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭skaface

Best of luck to the team and management today ,Some day for a battle

UP THE DEISE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Best of luck to the senior hurlers and senior camoige teams today

Our 3rd game in this format has always been a nightmare. Time for that to change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Glorious day in ennis

great shout for the diamond men ☀️☀️🍻🍻

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Pudz2180

best of luck to the team and management today. I’m not mad confident but hope they prove me wrong. Suppose we have to win down here at some stage. Also good luck to the camogie team in the Munster final.

holy f**k in the west terrace and absolutely surrounded with Clare jerseys

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

2 changes Ian Kenny for Fagan

Patrick Curran for Montgomery

Curran was a great option from the bench. Hopefully he's proves he's better than that today

Very lucky to be only down by 5 at HT

Clare the better side, prunty missing may of cost us the goals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Agree with this. Feel Clare could be 7-10 points ahead. Couple spurned goal chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Actually going against the grain but I think we've done well. Cut open a few times which is worrying but doing well besides that. Good response to the two goals.

big change needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

FFS being ripped apart here

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭LetticebCivil

Hanging in there

Ffs

Proud of the effort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Montys return

Thats an absolute sickened. But I'm immensely proud of that Waterford effort.

Will be devastated if we don't qualify. Threw the Tipp game away and unlucky not to get the draw today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Sickening loss lads. Showed great fight and resilience to come back but that unlucky 65 at the death has more than likely finished Waterfords season. I just cannot see a rested and wounded Limerick failing to win at home next weekend. Harsh but thats how i see it.

Unless Tipp beat Cork we are done sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Pudz2180

well done to the players savage effort. Last minute heartbreak against Tipp and same today. Hard to take. Umpire was going to wave wide and then changed his mind. I don’t think he had a clue. Going to be a big ask to go again next weekend

Need a walk after that

This Munster Championship is cruel beyond repair,

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cbwfd

No. If Cork win we need a draw or win next week which I give us a chance at after today's performance. If its a draw 3 points might be enough. If Tipp win, 3 points may also be enough.

So no we are not done unless Tipp beat Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭siyo

Cruel. Unbelievable guts from the lads coming back from those goals

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭1373

Had a look at the 65 and it was the right call eventually, don't know how the ref called it . Think a draw would have suited us here in tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Very unlucky lads. Ye were well worth a draw. Soft goals will kill any team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 southsider11

If Tipp beat Cork plus Clare then beat Tipp next week and we lose vs. Lim, wouldn't it then come down to points aggregate between us and Tipp?

have to say fair play to the lads today fought back till the very end but what is the story with our frees. That scuffed free from Dessie could of got us a draw at least and it was the same against tipp that could of got us a win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭decies

cruel game feel sorry for the team not withstanding some bad misses as had they like the Tipp game leaking way too many scores ironically for a Davy team while it’s a big improvement in past championships unfortunately we are staring into the abyss again sometimes I wonder are we fighting the hurling gods as well .

Often wonder about fighting the hurling gods. Normally a decision will go the way of a draw like the free Tipp got two weeks ago. Didn't seem to happen today.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cbwfd

Yes, exactly right. For some reason very few (including RTE panel) know this.

Be better if Tipp v Cork was a draw and Tipp lost next week. That would put us level with Cork and through on head to head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭seananigans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭seananigans

a 65 ,not a 63, should have given a free the other way and dq the score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

…….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

…..

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Junior Hurler

Wass there definitive footage of Waterford’s first attack in first minute when shot was waved wide but commentator felt it was a 65?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LohansRedHelmet

Media darling? One of the best forwards in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

looked a 65 , only question was it over the line before the keeper saved it

Jesus Tipp are a shambles and Cork getting there scoring difference up

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭siyo

We should have beaten this tipp side, they are very poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭914

Really it depends on the rule book, what probably should have happened was the linesman ensure be places the sliotar on or behind the line and chances are he still puts it over.

Time to move into the Limerick game.

Really gutted for the lads, with every Clare goal the game could have easily slipped away from us but they lads stuck to the plan and kept chipping away, so disappointing they didn't get something out of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭decies

Liam Cahill more likely to go be let go then Davy now .

We threw it away against Tipp and it's gonna put us out of the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭parish girl

We didn't throw it away. 2 awful ref decisions took it away from us...Square ball for goal, and a free in for nothing. That's why we are where we are

Doubt it about Cahill but would not be surprised

Interesting situation about Davy, do we offer him year 3. 1B is a place to 'experiment'

• Advertisement
Advertisement