Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

What's the story with bringing bags into these events? We were told beforehand only bring an 'A4 sized' bag but I saw loads of people in Cork with rucksacks, saw a few umbrellas too. Surprised there was virtually no security in Cork, didn't see anyone checking bags or patting anyone down .

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

The

Disaster as above. I don’t blame the people who queue jumped as no one told them they couldn’t

Post edited by polydactyl on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Setlist in the RDS was much stronger than last night.

Born In the USA

Glory Days

My Love Will Not Let You Down

Marys Place

Out in the Street

All missing last night

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

By Bruce standards, that was a solid 7.5/10 show, the type he can do on autopilot and make it look inspired.

It was nowhere near as good as Kilkenny, the spark of spontaneity was missing. He really stuck rigidly to the set list, not even an audible. The set from LMS is practically set in stone now

Mind you, he really really liked the tweed cap! Very rare that that you see him wearing something like that for several songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Security and crowd control wasn't as well organised in those days as it is now. Yesterday's fiasco aside, most gigs now are run with military precision and all major outdoor gigs usually have the pit pass system which breaks up the crowd and means you don't get the kind of crushing at the front of the stage as happened at his Slane gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

But they were giving plastic glasses out with each can……

• Registered Users Posts: 5 joeninety90

access was a total nightmare for the leinster rugby game too, it took us 45 minutes to get in that day and they didn't scan our tickets, they opened a gate beside the turn stiles and we just walked in

• Registered Users Posts: 29,034 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

At risk of being slightly morbid, how confident would you be that the core of the band will be intact in 2026? Will Max and Roy and Steve and Nils and Gary all be still with us?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

probably nature of habit as for GAA matches people hand around the bars to consume as you can’t bring them to your seats

• Advertisement

If only someone could have known that bright sunshine is at least a possibility in mid May.

Smells like BS anyway, my ticket is checked by NFC so glare was irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Why does croke park not have automated barcode scanners anyway. 2024 and they've lads inside the turnstiles like it's 1984.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

FFS. Nobody was entering the stadium between 6 and 7 as they were all stuck in Queuemageddon on Clonliffe Road 🙄🙄🙄

We crossed Drumcondra Road onto Clonliffe Road at 5.45 and it still took us over an hour to get into the stadium. And we'd have been even longer only we gave up on the red route and walked around to the Ballybough side.

Also, didn't the doors open at 5, not 4??? A load of absolute nonsense from Aiken and he needs to be pulled up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Complete and utter horses#it. My ticket wasn't checked until I got to the turnstiles at the Hogan Stand, at which point I was inside the turnstile which is covered and had no sunshine whatsoever, and the young lad on the other side didn't even have a ticket scanner - he was just reading the e-ticket to make sure I was in the correct section.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Also, it was just as much of a shıt-show getting out. Stadium announcer told everyone at the Hill end of the pitch to leave through exits A and B, neither of which were letting anyone out other than people in the pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭riddles

I was in 330 lower hogan was directed down to my seat by a steward but he said left when I should have been right anyway. Whilst I was there I thought the sound was bad. I was parallel to the speaker on the pitch and it seemed to clash with the speakers off the stage when I moved to the right of that speaker on the pitch more toward me the canal end the sound was much much better. Fantastic performance I thought and the band were amazing. Glad I got to see him as hadn’t gone before.

Saw lots of people leaving the queues as they were in the wrong sections - particularly elderly people. Possibly promotion people could have envisaged older people and have knowledgeable stewards around.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭FazyLucker

My experience:

1. Gig - excellent. It is still worth every cent. A solid effort by all involved. 8/10 for me. I like that he keeps it fresh enough, no need to play the same 5-6 encore songs every time.
    2. Queue - chaos. Was in the "real queue" on Clonliffe Road and a splinter queue formed until a steward arrived and put it all back. But it was absolute chaos and getting worse for the 20-30 minutes before they got a handle of it. Could they not have had an airport style zig-zag (yes it would be a lot of barriers, but FFS tickets were €140) or at very least a few stewards with megaphones advising people which queue it was? Its hardly rocket science to manage it. It was only fixed when a steward arrived and put the whole splinter queue back - not their fault because it was absolute bedlam at 5pm. But I would have made the pit but for the queue skippers. Surely they can scan tickets quicker than they did and if they can't, the technology needs to improve drastically. It was self-policing and people were patient and in good spirits but that can break down so easily.
    3. Drink - where was the big sign saying "NO PINTS ALLOWED ON THE PITCH" before you even bought a pint. Had bought 4 of them and only found out when on the way to the pitch. We had to neck them. €7.50 for 330cl cans of "marketed Dutch Gold" which Rockshore is - keep it thank you. The cans created a real slip hazard on the pitch, it was like a skating rink on the way out. I regretted not sneaking a few cans in with me because there would have been no issue getting them to the pitch!
    4. Getting out - stand empty and a huge queue coming off the pitch and not letting people up through the Cusack Stand?

Anyone else think phones are making concerts sh*te or am I a grumpy f****r? The person in front of me kept putting their phone up over their head (I'll not disturb my own view, and f**k everyone behind me), and all they had was sh*te coverage of the phones in front of them never to be watched again. Live for the moment, keep the memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 joeninety90

especially bright sunshine in an enclosed turn stile!!! 🤣 but it must be a safety issue it's dangerous having so many people build up like that in an enclosed space

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Hopefully but they’re all old fellas now so you can’t really count on anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Phones were bad last night, Kilkenny had very few out. Last night was very bad for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Juanner

You're right about the cap - normally those kinds of things go straight back to the crowd but he was still wearing it when he waved to the fans as we was getting into the van straight after the show.

Good of him to see you back all the way to your van. You won't get that kind of service from Taylor Swift.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Steveimitation

Whatever about the delay getting in (and it was bad), there could have been a serious crush if things had gotten out of control and that kind of thing can happen easily.

There was no real break in the que. Just a big swarm of people. Luckily almost everyone I saw seemed to refrain from pushing or barging etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I’m reading this thread with solid disbelief

it sounds like it was shockingly organised

And then to add salt on the wound they only had rockshore cans (330ml) for 7-50?!?!???

Why didn’t the crowd mass slow clap or boo culminating in a stage invasion and if Bruce wasn’t willing to join the protest then someone get the mic and tell off Aiken and co ?

And demand and Get a full refund ?

Concert be damned it would be the least they could do.

Springsteen and his band remind me of Gareth brooks - they take the Irish people for pure fools and of course paddy and bridie keep throwing money at them and get ridden sideways.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tipp1991

I'd love to sample whatever narcotics you took before thinking up of that post

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

And the most idiotic post on the Internet of 2024 goes to....

• Registered Users Posts: 86,558 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tipp1991

Slightly less on a per pint basis, €12.04. It was €7 per 330ml can. I'm not sure what the bars on the concourse were charging per pint but not notifying people they couldn't bring them onto the pitch was ridiculous.

• Advertisement

if people don’t protest at these concerts the promoters will carry on with this crap

Rip Off Republic - absolutely

Advertisement