Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Polestar 4

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭n.d.os

I think premium is a better word to describe a Model 3 or Y.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I don’t even think they are premium. There nowhere near as bad as the internet paste and copy posts state they are but I would have classed premium as BMW, Audi in days gone by.

Everything’s changed though, as we know. My old S3 had heated leather, that folded and the creases were so prominent that they annoyed you, and the dash buttons just wore away! The Bose sound system was nice though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It’s worth remembering what the fit out budget for the 3’s interior must have been for a $35k car. You’re not going to get luxury or even premium when you’ve so little to work with. And even since then, you’ve additional cost savings. I can see them taking inspiration from the extremes of the ex30 going forward. An interior, although also something I couldn’t live with, feels higher quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭mun1

Ive had a Q4 before my tesla MY, and the MY is definitely more premium than ther Q4.

My previous car. the Q5 was a different all round premium level though .

the Q4 is disappointing all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭derekreilly

I'm attending the international media drive of the Polestar 4. Driving impressions under embargo for a few weeks. Hers some pictures of the different colours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

White looks the best there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭carsfan2

car looks a lot plainer than I had previously thought and don’t think I saw those alloys before. What size are they?

Driving impressions will be irrelevant unless they increase their presence here and start offering decent trade ins and give people confidence in the brand.

I think it looks stunning, but the EV9 is already a pain in the arse with parking, and I don’t need another wide boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭CivilEx

The long range single motor 100kWh (wltp 620km) starts at €68,600, so by the time you add in the Pilot pack at €1.6k or delivery fees for €1k, it's going to be a €71.5k car on the road at it's most basic level. Charging speeds of 10% to 80% in 30 mins, which is relatively slow in comparison to the Polestar 2 (20 mins). It does have a premium feel overall, but to me, the price point seems to be too high to be competitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

looks styling wise a bit like the BYD SEAL to my eye, not a bad thing, nice looking motor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Seems counterintuitive that a Polestar 3 is significantly more expensive than a Polestar 4 ??

I think the 4 is priced OK it's the 3 I can't understand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I think it's a lovely car and on the assumption it drives well I'd love to buy one.

The lack of confidence I have though in the brand will hold me back though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭frank730

you can get a byd seal for 18000euro cheaper, same performance

sure or you could pay 20,000 more for an audi etron with less performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

IMHO the Polestar 4 is one of the best looking EVs out there. The interior is class and is without question premium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭MarkN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I watched that Mark and you seem impressed.

It’s a great looking car and I would be interested.

Would you have any worries over the long term survival of the brand though and the lack of dealer infrastructure?

I also have concerns over depreciation especially when I see zero per cent offers in heavily discounted polestar 2 models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭MarkN

New showroom being built beside their Sandyford place at the moment. It's hard to call, bar that huge injection of cash a few months ago, who knows what could've happened. Geely behind them, you'd like to think they'll get the support they need. I just don't see them ever being anything but a niche brand and it's I guess it's hard to make money being a niche brand. They are lovely cars though, they drive well and the attention to detail and materials used are really great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭vicM

I think recent news about Volvo letting the brand be independant was taken by many to mean it wasnt doing well financially. I was at sandyford having a look at the Polster 2 and 3 was on display. Fantastic interior. I don't know why but id prefer a back window but maybe the extended glass roof alleviates any claustrophobia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Why? The brand is excellent. Very reliable cars. The price of a used one has bombed like any EV to be fair. I'd buy a P4 before an ID7 any day of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Why? Because we know enough to know that the brand is struggling - volvo have left the partnership.

Even if the cars are still supported by the parent, if the brand dies all interest in them will too.

I'm not sure that arrangement with Volvo made any really sense within the Geely group. Even if they were doing huge business, I'd have expected the same outcome. I think that this is only really when Polestar are starting to arrive. The P2 just had a bit of whiff of spare parts bin about in, and the form factor wasn't going to set sales alight.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭derekreilly

Embargo for driving impressions lifted Sunday night.

Advertisement