Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving rented accommodation after 12 years.

• 19-05-2024 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I need a advice on handling a LL that I haven't seen in 12 years. I've fixed issues in the house, but there's been burst pipes and water damage to walls and ceilings that I never reported. Inside the house, the decor is also tired and worn - I've done some painting without the LL's knowledge. The exterior of the house has never been maintained - worn paint and semi clogged guttering, although I've cut the grass!

I know I should have contacted my LL over the years. The rent was never increased and I didn't want the LL to visit, since I've been self conscious. Now I'm leaving, what are my responsibilities, in terms of notice period and house repair?

Comments

Advertisement