Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking for Europa Cup Final

Options
  • 22-05-2024 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Bringing my son to the soccer match tonight in the aviva - travelling by car from Clare. Can anyone suggest the handiest place to park please as I haven't been to the aviva before? One suggestion is the red cow and get luas in but just concerned we mightn't get back out too easy if match goes to extra time or we're delayed getting out? Any better suggestions please or is this the handiest? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Coming from your direction deffo Red Cow Luas and tram into the city. Parking anywhere even remotley close to the stadium will be near on impossible. Go all to the point and you have about a 20 min walk to the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

Nearest LUAS stop to Lansdowne Road is Dawson street, so about a 45 minute walk.

You'd be better off parking near Merrion Square if you're gonna go down that route.

Best solution would be to come in via the N4, take the M50 to somewhere near the coast and get the DART in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭micks_address

Depends on what time you intend to be there at, if early enough you might get parked on some of the smaller roads around the Aviva in a 2km radius

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Yea, planning on being up early - 3pm or so. Could chance driving towards rds or that area and park up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

All areas in around Landsowne are closed from 7am this morning.Anywhere else and you will throwing a shed load of money at parking meters.

The Point to Aviva is a 2k walk.

Its a no brainer but thats just my opinion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

Use the park and ride for the LUAS at Tallaght or the Red Cow. Get The LUAS out to the 3 Arena and its about a twenty minute walk to the Aviva. Less hassle than driving through the city and trying to get parking.

Heading off now shortly so thanks all!

If yere ever stuck for parking advice in the wilds of east clare let me know and I'll return the favour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

If it was 4pm I'd say try Mespil Rd, by the canal, between Leeson St and Baggot St. It's €4 an hour until 7, then free. Max 3hrs though, which is why I say 4pm. Might even get closer if you carry on until it turns into Haddington Rd

It's a fairly short walk to the stadium from there

Traffic after an Ireland game is usually bad, but I suspect there'll be less travelling from the country tonight, more tourists staying in Dublin and locals, so it might not be too bad. That's a guess though

Or... are you coming up the N7?

Hazelhatch is only 10mins off the N7, has loads of parking and a direct train to Grand Canal Dock, which is the nearest station to the ground

Might be more pleasant than driving into town. (Definitely more pleasant than the red line Luas 🙈)

Just checked, trains after the match at 2230 (tight) and 2322 (tons of time, unless there's extra time). Direct, 47mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Have a look at the S2 bus route, I'd recommend parking somewhere along that an taking the bus over, it'll drop you at the bottom of Landsdowne Road. You'll be able to park for free on a side road in Kimmage/Harold's Cross, and the S2 will take roughly 20/25 mins to get you across from there

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Gerlad

If possible I'd drive as far as the Port tunnel at the M50 and come out at East Link toll bridge and drive over that and park in Irishtown if you were able.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Lots of it was blocked off even yesterday. Lots of cones.

Ended up driving all the way in (traffic wasn't bad so I just kept going) and parked outside Beggers Bush (I think that's what it was called) - was 30 seconds walk from Slatterys pub. Hardly any traffic after match bar a few taxis - worked out great!

Thanks for all the tips - I'd imagine it would be very different after a rugby or soccer international though….

• Registered Users Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭micks_address

I think definitely you would have had different traffic patterns at this game, most of the fans would have been international compared to Irish folks descending from all over the country. Didn't see the game apart from last 5 minutes but place looked well and looked like a good experience

Yeah, a friend of mine got parked around there at about 7pm. That definitely isn't possible for an Ireland match!

Glad you got sorted, hope your soon loved the match!

Advertisement