Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Fall Guy - 2024

2»

Comments

• Absolutely no need for it to be 2hrs 5mins. My favourite part was the Jackie Chan style behind the scenes of the stunts at the end. 2/5 and that's an extra point for the stunts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭santana75

Loved it. I thought it was an absolute hoot. It does become very capperish near the end but its so much fun I didn't mind so much. The chemistry between Emily blunt and Ryan gosling is what makes it all work. I'd definitely watch another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,676 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jason (Momoa or is it Mamoa) 😄

Winston Duke was my mvp but overall a good enjoyable popcorn fun film

I think Ryan should have done a cover of the theme tune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,752 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

he has a point, 2024 looks like its going to be a dog of a year for anyone trying to run a cinema

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,472 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I thought this was very good fun. Gosling and Blunt (as stated by others) work really well against each other, and Winston Duke was brilliant. Aaron Taylor Johnson deserves some credit too. The credits showing the behind the scenes of the stunts was great too.

It's not the most taxing of stories, but for what it is, it did it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Saw this last week. Silly but quite a fun romp. Surprised to hear it kinda bombed. I prefer Aaron Taylor Johnson in these semi-comical roles and felt he was used just the right amount.

My big issue towards the start was the attitude of Blunts character towards Gosling. The reshoot scene felt unnecessarily mean, especially given what had already happened to him. While the reasoning was explained, it still soured me towards her for a good portion of the movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I'm gonna watch this now. It just appeared on my Streaming..

Isn't Aaron Taylor J going to be the next bond?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

it hasn't been confirmed but he's been heavily linked with the role. You'd imagine they'll have to announce it soon if they want to get started on the next Bond movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭Heckler

Thought it was absolute rubbish. Way too long is the nicest thing thing I'd say about it. Jack of all trades and master of none. Tedious mishmash of romcom/action and a nonsensical story. Comedy fell flat everytime. I like Blunt and Gosling but didn't work for me here.

Shame that Heather Thomas has gone down the surgery road and now looks terrible.

2 Woofs/10 for Jean Claude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Watched it last night. An enjoyable couple of hours. Good chemistry between Emily Blunt and Ryan Gosling.

The plot is a bit weak though. Could have made it a little more interesting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Watched this the other night and I have to say, for a film that really went the extra mile to ensure its many stunts were done for real & overtly acknowledged the unsung heroism of stunt-people … the final result was often deeply fake & looked too CGI enhanced. I'd have assumed the chase scene in the truck was mostly done with CGI yet in the BTS footage at the end, lo & behold it was a predominantly practical set-piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭SheepsClothing

I had the same feeling watching much of the action and was likewise, caught off guard when they showed the stunts in the credits. In particular, the truck chase through the city that is played against Emily Blunt singing karaoke, had that straight to Netflix, shiny green screen look to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

I knew in advance this only had a very basic connection to the series of the title, and had heard a decent enough review. Dubious about this being an unexpected gem, but as I find both lead actors interesting thought I'd give a whirl. First 20 minutes showed some promise, but over the following ten minutes it descended into rubbish, so I turned it off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It felt like a script that has no faith in its own premise and had to staple some increasingly nonsensical conspiracy story.

You feel like time was this would have purely been a romantic comedy, with a smattering of action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Yeah, seems like they went for something more unconventional and possibly edgier than what one might expect for a romantic comedy, which is partly what I had been hoping for, and how it started off. But it just fell flat, with no perceivable sense of the possibility of recovery, even at the half hour stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Loved this, tbh. Gosling was charm personified.

Advertisement