Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Grouptherapy

Had to log out earlier in a facility which had one of those multi-roll dispensers. One where a new roll is supposed to rotate into position when the previous one is empty.

Unfortunately for me the roll expired before I completed the paperwork. There was a fresh roll in the bloody thing but would it fcuk rotate down. Ended up having to reach into the damn thing and pull out enough short lengths to finish up. Total gimp of a contraption - even worse than those single sheet dispensers!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

I hear ya Brendan! Golf club locker rooms seems to be an advert for turkey gizzards to be dangling down as the older folk use the "one leg up" to dry their plumage…. Like they are lifting the duvet to air out the mattress so to speak. Some things in a men's golf locker room cannot be unseen, and the older clientele buzzing having their chicken skin plum pouch hanging down to their knees, that and the chodes on full display… Should be a specific interior design qualification for locker room design only. Back to back benches or something where you aren't looking down the tunnel of some fella after shooting 26 points and saying how he's "losing all his length" off the tee as he leans over drying between his toes… Hoop hole like the Bonane tunnels on the N71 staring at you… Filthy kernts!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You are not wrong dude, some sights are like a plate of turkey giblets with a liver coloured 18 spoker looking into your chops.

Has you wishing you had an industrial strimmer in your hands.

Or maybe slip a kitchen 'wizzer' under the low hanging fruit and put her on max blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

The dangers of giving up Satan’s Buttermilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,885 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Maybe a daily glass of Guinness could have therapeutic properties after all?

Only a slight amendment to their 1950s advertising slogan would be needed.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement

Had the deep displeasure of discovering an “ogham stone” myself in a trap in the Cheesecake Factory in Palm Beach Gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FlataytoOne

You dropped one. he dropped one.

Yours has f*ck all to do with him.

His has f*ck all to do with you.

Be glad you don’t have a GI issue like Crohns or IBD, and get over yerself.

you ok pal? You seem very bound up. Get some fibre in your diet

• Registered Users Posts: 34,885 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

This thread could save the HSE a fortune, basically the key to happier mental health is a good aul shite.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭PP Lee

A delivery guy from the local hardware store ringing the doorbell while I was bang in the middle of a morning poo. I had to “snip the cable” and rush downstairs to answer the door for the delivery. Afterwards I had to rush back to the bathroom and finish the job. Honestly, these delivery drivers, their timing is just impeccable.

• Advertisement

Well done lad, held the load on the clutch as it were.

Was on the pot myself and hadn't pulled the firing pin when a knock came to the door.

Unwisely pulled up the skids and strides and unfortunately it was a relation I hadn't seen for yonks.

Had to invite the fcuker in and fire up the kettle, to make some time, however, lost control half way up the stairs and sprayed a bucket load of rotten midden into the trousers and Calvins.

Destroyed the lot, only fit for burial.

The rest of the visit was a bit strained….

Logging out earlier and whilst I was there several other punters came in and walked the length of the stalls only to be disappointed that all were in use. Got me thinking how useful it would be if there was some sort of electronic sign outside saying how many stalls were available - like the ones you see in multistory car parks. Depending on the size of the building, they could be placed at the end of the corridor, or in reception area, just to save people the wasted trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

You’re an ideas man GT.

That would surely be an efficient time saver benefit. Should get the public sector to implement it.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭You the man

Lost your grip?

A horrendous experience.That's age for ya.

Post edited by You the man on

I was thinking along the same lines - increased productivity and reduced downtime. It could be on the company's internal platform / intranet so you could check availability in real time before leaving your desk. Maybe even book a seat…

Civil Serpent unions would make a meal of it though. They'd look for increased pay due to staff training etc before it could be implemented.

Can’t imagine lads like the ESB Group of Unions would be comfortable with the idea of your trap time being monitored. Jimmy in Moneypoint getting a warning after spending two hours on the pot, and the country being plunged into darkness because of industrial action as a result.

Or a ticket system like in the motor tax office. Would avoid the weirdos who play "fastest checkout" and wait outside the door of what cubicle they think will open next… Its an agitating experience sitting embracing some focus time being at peace with yourself and some pleb in his beige chinos and loafers standing outside checking the door… It reminds me of the poem "The Listeners by Walter De la Mare" - "is there anybody there" said the traveler… knocking on the moonlit door (Of course there is, the door says engaged and you can hear me grunting trying to push out a dam buster and biting down on my leather belt).

On another golf related topic, I was playing in a well established (100 plus years) course recently and after the round decided to use the facilities. There was what can only be described as a cross between a sod of turf and a divot in the U bend (Im wondering if the person in question consumed some expanding foam)… if you had a German sprat you could have tried to land it but you’d need braid not nylon. I gave it two mighty flushes and it wouldn’t budge, had to use the adjoining cubicle… whoever landed that must take some divots, hope he doesn’t use a chrome soft because he’s not holding greens with the spin he’s generating by the looks of his “divot”, unless he “dead arms” it. One thing for sure his hoop was probably like the top of a wellie after delivering that sod of turf… Poor kernt.

Dirty mare.

Why won't some people close the frikken door of the trap properly?

Pulled into an establishment in the Midlands recently…quick snack and a hand wash.(p1ss).

Door bursts open in in comes this hobbit, head on him like a slipper of ham, into the stall and whacks the door

'closed' but the thing bounces half open ….Im looking in the mirror and next thing a blast like a bale of broken briquettes being emptied hits the pan followed by long gush of brown air….

Up with the strides…no hand wash and out the door ….filthy kernt.

Unfortunately this situation is becoming all too common Brendan. Once I read Midlands that was enough, middle earth, all that shite… I also don't know why they don't have "cattle grids" around the toilets to prevent these hobbit like cretins from having a mud bath, but also for the "overboard" pish water to drip away from the floor instead of having it pool and trying to hold the hasp of the arse of your chinos off the ground at the same time trying to enjoy some peace and solace while sluicing one handed…

• Advertisement

Good call JI, lads from that particular area seem to have a propensity just to point the brown eye in the general direction of the pot and blow out a loose fuselade of arse muck which invariably has a wide footprint..like a few bull calves after a day in a field of aftergrass.

This is usually after a ‘big feed’ at the carvery, 11 or 12 pints of Porter and a Long Ray and chips on the way home.

Fcukkers must be full of tapeworms!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭PP Lee

So true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

A recent trip to Cambrils, Spain did me no favours in the sh1tter dept.

Was spewing out what can only be described as watery curry sauce for a week and half.

Must have been all the pub grub and strong beers. I'd say Juan and Rodrigo down at fabrica de mierda had their work cut out while I was there.

Bendar gets through 3 of them a year.

You are not wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

An enema might be kinder Bren? What do you do? Stand over it on 2 kitchen chairs and ease yerself down onto it? A home help assistant to crank it into life?

I think the gentle lapping of the enema solution is your friend.

"A recent trip to Cambrils, Spain did me no favours in the sh1tter dept.

Was spewing out what can only be described as watery curry sauce for a week and half.

Must have been all the pub grub and strong beers. I'd say Juan and Rodrigo down at fabrica de mierda had their work cut out while I was there."

Dem two are only sh1t-stirrers, good enough for them.

"Why won't some people close the frikken door of the trap properly?

Pulled into an establishment in the Midlands recently…quick snack and a hand wash.(p1ss).

Door bursts open in in comes this hobbit, head on him like a slipper of ham, into the stall and whacks the door

'closed' but the thing bounces half open ….Im looking in the mirror and next thing a blast like a bale of broken briquettes being emptied hits the pan followed by long gush of brown air….

Up with the strides…no hand wash and out the door ….filthy kernt."

The desolation of arse smog; no worst,there is none. To be f*ckin sure.

Tolkien spent time with Gerald 'Manky' Hopkins in Monasterevin and grew to also detest the Midlands.

Gave him nightmares and the trots, somme would say.

Post edited by An Ri rua on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

Ms Slideways has left this in the en-suite, passive aggressive way of telling me my offerings are offensive I’m assuming.

Gave it a lash, it’s quite a powerful scent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

For serious excavation atrocities try the portaloos at the Ploughing Championships. Unfortunately if you 're not a trade exhibitor you can't use the exclusive clean facilities.

Advertisement