Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anyone under 40 left on boards?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mo Ghile Mear

When I joined Boards first the Nocturnal forum was buzzing.. I never posted in it because it seemed to have an almost cult-like following with in-jokes and innuendos and I knew I’d be like a fish out of water. Loved lurking in it though, there were some mad characters and hilarious exchanges. It’s gone quiet now, they must have all grown up and had kids and gone to bed at a normal hour 😄.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

41, joined 2002 (so it says), so here a while alright :o Not much posting these days mind. Survived a good few set backs over the years - from losing usercp, after hours- well don’t know what happened it, the search never working (to working, to not, to..), losing the :pac: smiley, banning the use of yore ma (for shame).. The move to vanilla nearly did it in for me once and for all, but have slowly adapted to it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I wish there was a similar feature on boards.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

55 / m / Birmingham ….. anyone remember asl?

Joined in 2006 and Boards was THE place to go for craic, questions posted & answers solved, and the morbid fascination of watching a Motors thread descend from 'i saw a nice car today' to mayhem, insults and comparison of the other side to the nazis … I still like to see the huge difference in tone from the 1st page to the last of any long running thread

Im not as active as I once was, but still love it here. Some friends I made here in the Kerry forum that I used to PM have since left (RIP). So, yeah, I guess we are all getting older …….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I was still (barely) in my 20s when I registered here and will be 52 in a few months. My life has changed radically since then.

For many years Boards was pretty much the only forum I visited and was my go to place for information about anything and everything. I mostly post on Reddit now but still lurk here. Really miss old style forums and the long and complex threads that could go on for years.

l'm still hoping to finally make it to 2000 posts someday. 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Oh my, 19 years since I joined. I used to be more active, but now I dip in when I want to find a particular topic being discussed. And I’ve come along to After Hours to see what the banter is this evening. It’s pretty quiet in here these days I guess.

I never heard of the App before today, and I’m not familiar with this ‘new’ layout 🤔

I’m glad Boards is still around :)

And to answer the OP - I’m under 40 😁

Post edited by sweet-rasmus on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Who cares what age it is? It's meant to be about meaningful interactions...or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

38 here. So just about!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Deregos.

I've been visiting boards.ie in many various guises for the last twenty three years . . . Which is strange as I identify as a twenty one year old shapeshifter.

Advertisement