Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Doc07

any tips for someone bringing 2 boys (8&10) and an 9 month old baby …and no need to tell me I’m mad, know that already.

Have weekend camping tickets and considering splashing out on one of the cheaper of the pre-pitch/glamping options

It’s a last hurrah before the missus goes back to work and I’m also excited at the idea of bringing my boys to the Prodigy nearly 30 years after I first saw them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

They do. More Khruangbin than Goat i.e. slick & smooth rather than distorted and raucous. Which is what you'd expect in fairness, going by the studio material.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭fillup

Have u family or general camping ticks?

If its family then ur kids will have more fun than in glamping so save ur money

If its general I'd advise swapping for family

Brought my kids to festivals for over 15 yrs and don't regret a bit of it - enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Doc07

thanks , yes it’s family camping tickets we have

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KawaKris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 unacb

Was wondering about this - can you get pre-pitched in the family campsite? We are coming home on hols this summer and adding in the festival so don't want to be dragging tents around with us. It seems all the pre-pitch tents go to a certain camping area but surely they offer them in the family camping too?!

Thanks for the info re glamping v family camping area- did not want to fork out a load of money and then realise my kid would have been way happier in the family area with a crappy pop up tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I'm reasonably sure there's no pre-pitched tents in family camping (I've been to ATN twice with my kids, stayed in family camping both times and definitely recommend it but it means bringing your own gear in). I would deffo do family camping if it all possible.

Kids area within the festival grounds is pretty good - they usually organise a football game if your kids are into that, there's been graffiti to try out both times and there's various fun games for kids to play. And bubbles - everyone loves bubbles! And the bubble people come to the family campsite occasionally as well.

Other hits with our two boys last year (12 and 8 at the time) were Greencrafts (especially the blacksmith) and the bumper cars. Much to my disappointment, neither of them too interested in the music as of yet but they did really enjoy the weekend wandering the grounds and getting fairly spoiled at the various food stands!

They enjoyed Iggy Pop from a distance and loved their night-time trip on the big wheel as well.

Something like this likely needed for the baby, and maybe for the older ones if they're sensitive to noise. https://www.sensationalkids.ie/product/ear-defenders/ .

Hopefully you have as much fun at the festival as we did - even if we're REALLY looking forward to an adults-only run at it this year!

Feel free to PM me if you want more tips on kids/babies at festivals - we've done more Body and Souls as a family than I'd care to count - both kids were at Body and Soul before their first birthdays!!! Madness indeed but lots of moments we'll always remember :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Looking to head up north soon to stockpile for festival season.

Has anyone come across any good deals on booze?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

check the uk Tesco and Sainsbury websites in advance. Try and get your hands on a Uk club or nectar card, most of the good deals are now offered to loyalty card holders -southern club cards don’t work

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭taramurf

…agree on the Nectar card - gives some really good offers on booze. You can download the app and get an online card in seconds. You’ll need to enter a UK or NI address - I just used the Sainsbury store postcode and it worked fine. Saved a fortune on a party booze run recently. Tip: Sainsbury’s till declined two ROI debit cards that had plenty of funds, my credit card was the only thing that worked. Not sure if it was the fact that I had scanned the Nectar card but just a warning if you’re going up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭RINO87

Were there showers and somewhere to empty an an, ahem, "bucket" in Campervans last year?

I missed last year, and 2022 I was in a tent, but in 2019 I remember we had to use the showers over in Both Sides Now, and dont recall there being anywhere to get rid of waste….which was fine at the time as Campervans were right beside that campsite, but it looks like a much longer trek now

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Abbaesque

the trek to the camper area is a nightmare.. awful! But there are waste disposal things there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

Bad and all as it is, it's still not as bad a dragging all your stuff in from the car park. It's a huge advantage that's not talked about enough, literally arrive and all your gear is right beside you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭RINO87

Thanks…the trek to/from the Arena I dont mind at all. Doing that with a bucket of shyte now is a different story!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭nomoedoe

Showers were in the family camper area down the hill from the main camper site ,I didn’t see anywhere to empty grey/black waste.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,572 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

anyone stayed in a 6 person bellepad previously?

is there much space left available around the tent?

whats the walk like from the car park to these tents?

sorry for the Qs, first ATN timer

They have containers for grey waste beside the portaloos. I couldn’t find the black waste area. Anyone I met told me to pour it into the portaloo (which is pretty grim). I think the year before there was a big black waste tank at the entrance to the camper site beside the big tree.
    Water is also down that end. A bit of a trek if you’re parked at the top of the hill.

They have containers for grey waste beside the portaloos. I couldn’t find the black waste area. Anyone I met told me to pour it into the portaloo (which is pretty grim). I think the year before there was a big black waste tank at the entrance to the camper site beside the big tree.
    Water is also down that end. A bit of a trek if you’re parked at the top of the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Stayed in one last year:

1. The trek in from new Boutique car park / entrance was relatively easy, maybe 10 mins walk, bit of a Q at check in though
    2. Last year the 6 mans were right beside the entrance to arena so easy to move back and forth to restock on beers (the 4 mans were at back of site)
    3. Decent bit of room in the tent for 6 of us no complaints really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭rubick

Just to add to Blackie's comments - we have stayed in the Boutique camping for the last couple of ATNs (in Bellpads rather than the larger ones) - last year those 6-person units were closest to the showers and the small strip of food vendors. Very handy to the arena entry up behind the main stage.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,572 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Excellent stuff, thanks lads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

How strict are they on over 21s? A mate has an 18 y.o. niece coming over from England for it.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Honestly can’t remember if I’ve seen them check ID on wristband entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭LowOdour

On the Boutique camping stuff, anyone heard if Pink Moon be located in the same area?
    https://waterfordcouncil.ie/app/uploads/2024/04/ATN-24-Event-Layout.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭deeks

Pre pitched like Bass Camp etc has always been separate from Boutique so would guess that Pink Moon will not be in boutique but thats just a guess. I'm in Pink Moon myself so interested to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I know it was mentioned earlier in thread but that does look like a new stage between lovely days and jameson bar (beside church) @Fanirish what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭LowOdour

What is that Basecamp location like, in terms of getting to/from carpark and the main stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Dunph

I'd bet its a small dj stage similar to schweppes, you can see theres a bar there too, or could be a spot for small acoustic acts. Given proximity to lovely days I wouldnt expect much

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kwat

There was a "VIP" area just beside the entrance to the boutique campsite last year.

Didn't realise until after and somebody said the boutique wristband allows access here - proper toilets / bars inside.

Is this right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭rubick

Yes, at the top of the hill above the Main Stage. Was queued out any time we were in there. Not much to write home about tbh

Advertisement