Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Irish people party' criminal candidates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭growleaves

I'm not defending 'Irish people party' people. I wouldn't vote for them. I agree the examples you give are violent criminal scumbaggery.

However lots of left-wing political activists give themselves lee-way when it comes to following laws. Like if they want to order abortion pills through the post when it's illegal they'll do it anyway because they don't like that law. Their commitment to 'the cause' first, law-abingness second is arguably a window into their mentality.

It's not an equivalence, but it is interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,153 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

I find it very strange that people who wax on about "unvetted " males referring to asylum seekers and immigrants , would consider that candidates who would not pass Gardaî vetting are suitable for election to public office .

Not saying you @growleaves but others posting defending these sorts of candidates .

That's all .

Hmm yeah but the criminal records of unknown people who arrive in from Syria, Afghanistan etc. are not available or sought after in many cases where with Irish criminals it's often public knowledge from newspapers and court documents what they have done.

International war criminals could be hiding in Ireland even. Where better to hide since the whole apparatus around in-migration here is lax and unorganised.

Are they up for election ?

That is the point I was making and that of the thread ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

This is a bizarre and random point to make. Almost feels like you're trying to shoehorn some weird grievance into this thread.

There is a page or two of discussion about whether people with criminal convictions should even be allowed run for office with several posters chiming in and I just mentioned that many famous politicians began as left-wing activists who'd broken laws.

I only elaborated on that because Goldengirl prompted me with questions. The discussion developed organically: the opposite of random.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I think anyone blindingly voting independents should also do a bit of research.

I saw a poster of a person I know running as an independent and I was shocked.

A racist running on anti immigration stance and not a braincel.

I didn't realise it was so easy to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

It has been a couple of years since I've checked but yes it is or was really easy to register as an independent candidate as long as you aren't some form of government employee.

You don't even need anyone eligible to vote in the electoral area you are running in to support your self nomination, you can just pay a small deposit to the returning officer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,608 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The "morality" party candidates getting "tough on crime!" - unless, it's animal abuse, failure to report child abuse, tresspass on childcare facilities, intimidation of civil servants, common assault, incitement to riot, fraud or anything else our candidates [or like-minded independents] have ever done…

EDIT - added fraud. Forgot the Adrienne McGuinness scamming. Any chance we could send her back to where she came? I believe it's Ulster. Should be right at home up there.

Post edited by Princess Consuela Bananahammock on

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Don't be blaming me now !

Take responsibility for your own posts like a real boardsie , gl .

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Frumy

It would 100% depend on the crime and the severity of it.

For example class A type crimes should ban you yes. Murder/rape/human trafficking/drug dealing/child abuse.

Obviously someone caught speeding or without a seatbelt at 19 is very different.

But I fail to see how and why people with 'class A' type convictions should be allowed run for office.

See my point being those convicted of serious crimes often have violence and intimidation on their minds till this day. For example a man whom Andy Heasman had a grievance with some elderly frail man I believe is a lecturer in DKIT. Does Andy want to discuss his grievance like a civilised human being? No. He decides to attack the man and punch him in the head repeatedly while he's on the ground. Some people will never change or become civilized. This video is only from 2023 so it's obvious the stick is mightier than the pen to this lot. People aren't joking when they call him a violent thug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭paul71

There are limits but oddly enough there is no way to enforce this law. The National Party have never filed accounts with SIPO, that is illegal but there is no punishment or offence for that.

Andy seems to be selling vacuum cleaners on Grafton Street now to raise funds. Strange fellow this lad to be out hawking vacuum cleaners on the streets.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,451 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Interesting ad campaign.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,608 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Well at least they're going with an issue other than de immygrantz.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭foxsake

sorry for the delay in reply.

I know you're wrong in your assumption, the far right is a fragmented af. tbh I only use the far right as its the common parlance there is no such thing really as far right.

Groups or people accused of being far right don't even agree on the single issue that allegedly unites the

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

It is a fact that asylum seekers are never vetted for criminal history outside Ireland. There is not alleged about it. So using brackets is misinformation in this case. I am not defending candidates but frankly I don't worry vote on a candidates personal history. I vote on their policy. A person might be barred from jobs where children are involved but that doesnt mean they shouldnt be in the Dail at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I saw a woman collecting her kid from the local primary school, wearing a jacket with the name and logo emblazoned on the back. Looked cheap af.

The jacket, I mean.

• Advertisement

That would be in quotation marks because there is no such thing except as regards detailed garda vetting (a lengthy process ) so calling for people to be vetted as protestors and these so called politicians do , is a nonsense .

I think most would be able to understand that .

I disagree totally as regards those not suitable for work with the vulnerable or children being a suitable person to vote for .

People with convictions who have been deemed spent would be a lot more suitable than those who would not pass Garda vetting.

Convictions that cannot be deemed spent are the most serious as you know , so think are you maybe being disingenuous?

They can say whatever they like about their policies ..their character and history is the first important indicator of future performance and reliability , not to mention whether they are a force for good in society .

By your measure nobody should have to submit a cv for example but could say anything they like and in the end the most plausible would succeed.

Surely you only want to elect people that can do some good for society ?

Thats a dangerous path but if that's the way you want to go then your choice .

I suppose if you know someone personally and trust them that's it ..

Post edited by Goldengirl on

Where?

I think these people need to be asked a very simple questions which they obviously can't answer.

1.How come their party has no policies? Literally nothing. So how are they supporting a party with no policies?

2. If the party is against immigration into Ireland how come their leader is responsible for bringing hundreds of Indian workers here by his own admission?

I find it strange that people who wax on about unvetted males are now aligning themselves with Andrew **** Tate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It's a conundrum alright .

Must be money in it for him somewhere .

You have mentioned "the hundreds of Indians " ..

Are these not legal migrants here working with visas ?

If so being against asylum seekers would be different if a bit odd ?

Not mutually exclusive I guess .

And the lack of policies ..well , some seem to believe that being against Asylum Seekers is enough to be a policy .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,887 ✭✭✭Polar101

I'm pro houses myself, so this "no housing" policy is a no-no.

You always put on a political poster what you DO want not what you don't.

So they want

No housing and no families and future?

• Advertisement

I think that comes from their resident drug dealer and woman abuser Andrew Heasman who apparently is a devout 'Catholic' now and lets on he's fighting a spiritual battle.

Funnily for a allegedly religious fella he's all about keeping the gofundme and revolut scams going but isn't he not of this World if he's so devout?

Maybe he is when he's not dealing or beating on women who knows?

'For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places'

Advertisement