Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil boiler not firing

Options
  • 25-05-2024 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭

No sound from the boiler at all nothing happening when I press the red light. Any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭blackbox

Bearing seized?

Broken electrical connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Yeah I'm thinking it could be electrical as there is no red light. It's only installed about 6 months after a re wire and re plumb though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Could be the high limit tripped.

I presume the thermostat is turned up.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭blackbox

In your opening post you said there is a red light that you pressed. This implied there was power to the unit.

You need to be accurate or people won't be able to make a helpful diagnosis.

• Advertisement

When I say I pressed the red light I meant the red button that is usually lit up, apologies I wasn't clearer. There is a new power switch to it. I've read about the high limit how do I check that or can I do even do it myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭893bet

is there a reset button on the burner? You might need to remove a panel to access it if it’s an external one. And then remove the plastic cap on the button. If heating has been offfl for a few weeks I often need to press it to restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Is there power at the unit? Is the circulation pump beside the boiler is it running?

Post a picture including the burner and all the area above it.

Sorry I was away for a few days with work. Still no joy with the boiler not a peep out of it. Have attached a picture as requested

• Advertisement

Make sure that tiny white button beside the Firebird writing is pressed.

That plug on the right isn't shoved up fully.

Wow and just like that it's working again no heating for two weeks and all it was was a loose plug. Thanks very much! I'll have to get the electrician to take a look at it it's obviously not on right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭CoBo55

You hardly need an electrician to fix that. Is there a way of tying up those cables with a cable tie so that the joint isn't carrying the weight of those cables.

Yeah you're probably right actually i'll have a look this evening. It's just the way the power cable was resting it was pulling at the joint

When I used to do installs, I would always terminate the swa in a box and bring a flex to that plug. Your service tech could do that for you if you give him a heads-up next time it's serviced.

Advertisement