Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options
1164165166167168170»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Aesthetically great and an amazing world. Gameplay wise it feels a bit dated. Has the gameplay advanced in any way since GTA 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I watched this video yesterday comparing the Rockstar protagonists to Arthur Morgan. Thought it was interesting so decided to post it. It's 30 minutes long but might be interesting to some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,795 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Playing through this again after completing RDR 1 remaster which i loved. It's incredible how sucked into the story you are with the brilliant characters, voice acting and the ridiculously detailed world. It is slooowww though. In RDR 1, i could get through about 3 missions in the time it takes to do 1 in this so it's harder to hop on and knock out a mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,625 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I tried to platinum this and it’s ridiculously hard! Gave up

I had a quick look and something like 70 gold medals is a mental task.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I find when you unlock the map at Arthurs tent and fast travel it speeds things up nicely. You can then fast travel from any camp you set up too. Also started a new playthrough last week and made it to St. Denis now.

Working on getting a few quid to upgrade the camp at the moment, it's such a good feeling riding into Valentine to pick up a bounty and seeing what's going on. I just did the Lenny mission, forgot how funny that was, i was beaming and chuckling the whole time.

Ginna play the outlaw for a bit, robbing where i can to get my cash up before leaning into the high honour for the story.

Me complaining about the game being slow.

Also me stopping every 2 mins to take pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Valentine in the last picture is a lovely town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Dont know at this stage how many time I've tried to replay RDR 2 but never get very far into it before giving up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Enjoyed the replay once you get out of the snow

Right, I'm still on chapter 2 but loving it, actually enjoying it way more than my first playthrough. I'm actually enjoying the slow pace. Completely sucked into the world through the characters, stories and the incredible detail of the world. It's a goddamn shame they never released a PS5 update for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

I’m also on chapter 2 and replaying it for the first time. Trying to take my time and explore more of the world on this play through.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 AvalonEnaid

Finished the game last night and I am BROKEN.

Having invested 217.4 hours into the game as a High Honour Arthur and after Chapter 6 I was just broken. I struggled to play the Epilogue and didn't enjoy it much because my emotional connection to the game and Arthur had ended. While I'm sure those who played RDR1 appreciate the epilogue and how it sets up the events of RDR1, it just didn't do it for me and I ended up pushing hard through the epilogue just to get to the end credits.

I absolutely loved the story and Chapter 1 → 5 was sublime. My one criticism are the missions towards the end of the chapters were just a festival of gun fire. Apart from that I enjoyed every moment I spent in the wilderness doing whatever and exploring whatever. The wilderness is stunningly beautiful and it can be made even more beautiful by using the Blackwater Terrain Textures Overhaul mod.

The one character that stuck out to me is Charlotte Balfour. The writers of RDR2 knew what they were doing with that character and they knew it would trigger our protective neurons. The manipulation there was insanely strong and she was the first person I went to visit during the epilogue. This also reminds me of that stalker dude you can find near emerald ranch… hogtie + dynamite just to make sure.

Thank you, White Arabian :'(

Advertisement