Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭skaface

Best of luck to the lads today

UP THE DEISE

Don't park there. Try city centre and walk out. Jetland would be gridlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭waterfordgirl

Whereabouts in the city centre woukd people recommend? (I usually park by the Greenhills/Jetland but it was a nightmare last time)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭guanciale

park as close to the river as you can, doesn't matter where.

Then you are 30 mins walk from ground.

I usually drive as far in Sth Circular Road or Dock Road as I can to Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭lim4ev

As other's have said park on dock Road close to where supermacs are it's a 30 minute walk from say James Barry motors if you're fit enough that's what I'd be doing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭razorronan

Hi All. I have 2 spare Clare End Terrace Tickets (1 adult and 1 juvenile) for today in case anyone is looking for a last minute ticket. You can still buy them on ticketmaster so happy to sell them for below face value. Send me a PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I know my opinion doesn't count for anything or the players won't read this but just to thank them for a great year. No matter what happens today it's been one of the best years in a long time and they've put pride back in the jersey. Couldn't be prouder of them.

Well done to Davy as well, I cut him big time and was proven very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,376 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Best of luck to the team and management today. Let's hope we're getting ready for a trip up to Thurles in a few weeks

Shortly hitting the road, Safe travels to all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

best of luck to the lads today

Just go and leave it all out there we can’t ask anymore

Win lose or draw they’ve restored pride on the jersey this year

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Pudz2180

best of luck to the team and management today. It’s not the ideal scenario especially where we were a few weeks ago but we would have definitely taken this at the start of the championship. All we can ask for is that the lads turn up and give their all and whatever happens after that so be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

The very best of luck to Davy and all the lads today and safe journey to everyone heading up.

Unfortunately just can’t see anything but a Limerick win but who knows, it could just be one of those great days. As long as the lads give it a right rattle that’s about as much as I think we can ask for. Please god that’s good enough to get a result.

Up the Deise

Edit to add: for the love of god please don’t make it be another ending in heartbreak like the last two games. I don’t think my mind could take another one…

any curveball selections from Davy today? A hunch I could see Patrick Curran or even Patrick Fitzgerald starting and taking the frees

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭siyo

Prunty to start possibly, but I'm only guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭decies

Have being called into work for 4.30 enjoy the game bring it home , watch it later it is so .

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Prunty to start

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Prunty wearing number 8 on the field

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Whitenblue93

seems to be a good showing of white and blue up here

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭jimmythesulk

Waterford in this but need to stop giving the short puckouts to Ian Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

This referee is something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Whitenblue93

worst referee I’ve ever seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 cbwfd

Christ it's just sheer disappointment after that. A campaign we should be qualified from before today but can't understand the tactic of trying to play down the throat of a team obviously stronger and more physical than us. Destroyed in the air and tackle today. You have to try get that limerick defence opened wide and take them on that way. Dan Morrisey and Mike Casey barely had to move 10 yards the whole game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

A qualification we left behind us by throwing away the Tipp game. The Clare game was such a killer as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,376 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Gutting way to go out but Limerick were the better team and missed a load of shots. They were physically inferior to us and our tactics suited them

Will we ever get out of Munster ?, Tipperary in a much better place than us, Cork are Cork same with Clare & Limerick. In the league Dublin will be our only 'big game before the Championship'

Maybe get Davy for one more year, aussie back and one last go for the likes of the Bennetts, Jamie Barron and Dessie etc. What other options are there Derek part 2, Ballygunners management team. Our underage management teams are not up to par

that was a deflating end to the season. Leaving Walsh Park after the Cork game I genuinely thought this was the year to finally break this round robin hoodoo and that we had a big summer ahead of us.
    However Important to remember that today was not the day we exited the championship. I’m Not interested in complaining about the ref. We just left ourselves with too much to do. A season of missed opportunity. We should’ve put Tipp away and had our chances to put Clare away too. Today was a step too far and truth be told there was probably not a lot a lot left in the tank after the previous 3 performances.
    Hard to know where to next. A hard ask for the likes of Tadgh Stevie and Jamie to come back to the well next year. Maybe Aussie might give it another go, maybe not
    the results of our underage teams is more than a concern at this stage. So not a lot to rebuild with it seems

I think Davy will be there next year. Unless he steps away of his own accord. But hard to argue with him staying

That being said, still very proud of the lads and their efforts this year. Just a disappointing way to sign off

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JD. 60

They gave it their best shot but not good enough on the day. Cleaned out in the air, on the ground and lost most 50/50 balls.

Davy will probably get a 3rd year ; not fussed either way at this stage. Just concerned that we don't have the raw material to make a big impact in the next few years. One or two players might step away. On a positive note, Mahony & Leavey will be key players in the future.

That's it for this year folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

A bridge too far today. We played great in the first half of each half, then nothing. Limerick just too big and physical, They seem to be able to get three or four players around the ball when we had it but have acres of space when they had it. Unfortunately it wasn’t lost today, small margins the last two days have cost us dear. No senior hurling worth watching from us for nearly a year!!

I don’t think the ref was in any way at fault. He got the big penalty decisions right and didn’t fall for an embarrassing performance from Dan Morrissey trying to get Pendergast a red.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭skaface

Not to be today unfortunately.. the Tipperary game came back to haunt us.. A bit of pride was put back in the Jersey this year, not too far off getting out of Munster, maybe with a bit of luck we would have.. here's to next year.. well done to Limerick .. DEISE ABU

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dammo

can’t understand this. Always had us surrounded when we got ball but still had acres of space themselves.

Only one throw in the whole game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Gaultierius68

I totally agree with you. Very proud of our team. They gave everything.

Tipp draw killed us. Ref wasn't great for either team tbh. We got rub of the green from him in the first half on a few occasions if not in the second and imo he did not influence the result

I am not a great fan of Davy's but we improved greatly compared to 2023 and he has to get some credit for that.

Like you my big concern is underage. Worrying losing patterns at Minor and U-20 for last 3 seasons and in most games we were well beaten in all facets of the game.

Deise Go Deo!!

Advertisement