Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Folks are full a this absolute garbage. Most never even bother to breakdown their reasoning as to why they spout garbage about scorecards.

They watch a hard-fought competitive fight that they don’t score it rd by rd, and then whinge when cards come back that imply one man a clear winner on the 10-9 round by round system

So, Bob and Tony.. give us your rd by rd cards, please..

I had it 8-0, 7-1 Jack after 8 based off his clearly bettter landed and cleaner punches, better defence and better ring generalship. Two judges had it 7-1 after 8. Yes, Taylor was competitive in the rds, but he was not winning them for me.

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

hopefully Bellew gets home safe to his wife and kids and we never see or hear from him again

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Don't get me wrong, everybody has different opinions but what Bellew and Arum said last night was a total disgrace.

I will just turn them off next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

Very notewothy that you completely bypassed my point.

There are no height divisions in boxing. Only weight divisions.

This has been pointed out to you before, but yet again the 'I don't like him' factor overrides everything for you.

Only a few weeks ago you were on here abusing me, and now you’re quoting me looking to converse.

Let it go. I have no intention conversing with anyone who posts/behaves towards me like you have.

Only way I’d consider engaging you in any respectful way (going forward) is when you’d apologize to me.

Have a nice day, mega.

• Advertisement

Arum, who probably slept through most the fight was a disgrace last night given a platform for that rant.

Hmmm, respectful you say!

As I've said many times before, you should heed your own advise when speaking of people who put their lives on the line in boxing rings.

But you won't. There's no attention to be got in that.

I’ll take that as a no from you, mega. No surprise. You lurk here mostly to check my posts to then jump on all angry. Whatever floats your boat.

It's an absolute 'NO'.

As I've said before (unsurprisingly), when you apologise to all the countless boxers you've intentionally insulted and belittled over the years on here, then I might consider it. But we both know there's more chance of winning the lotto.

And then you try to come across all hurt because I point out your insulting behaviour? Talk about lack of self-awareness.

Grand, so let’s move on. It’s not healthy to carry on this argument-beef (you have with me in your head) all the time.

Forum can exist just fine with both of us without any hostility/conflict.

If ya change your mind on an apology, PM me. Otherwise, let’s try enjoy the rest of our Sunday. “Day a rest” n all.

• Advertisement

Taylor looking for trilogy. I wouldn’t say no to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Robert Nairac

I thought Catterall won wide. 117-111 was a fair score. Landed the cleaner punches throughout.

Christian M'Billi stopped Mark Heffron in 40 seconds. Body shot and went home.

Agreed. I thought it was eazy to score. Too many folks looking at Taylor plodding forward and setting a pace. But that was pretty much most of his plan/success.

His aggression wasn't really effective, and he was eating shots when coming forward. Jack really did a number on him for me. I was quite impressed with Jack. I thought he won fight 1, but it wasn't near as convincing as fight 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I'd agree catterall was far superior, looked the classier operator and had Taylor's number all night

Yes. I came in here and was reading posts mentioning disgraceful cards, and then watched the fight and was like, what?

The same old nonsense: if a fight is in any way competive, you cannot have clear card wins. So silly. Jack won about 10 rds based off his cleaner and harder punching. Taylor did well, but always a step behind for almost all rds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Bellew really is insufferable. Back to upcoming fights. Really interesting card from Saudi this week. Very excited for Sheeraz vs Williams and Wilder vs Zhang in particular.

Mike Tyson fight postponed - shocker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭robwen

What happens the Katie fight, postponed aswell??

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Robert Nairac

Picks for today: Hutchinson, Ford, Ammo Williams, Hrgovic, Wilder, Bivol

• Advertisement

I wonder was Mike Tyson just being used as a promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Just did the double on Dubois and Zhang. Odds on the others aren't great.

Dubois has faded badly a couple of times now but he'll take a lot from his last win. Im not sold on Hrgovic at all, he was fairly poor v Zhang.

Ive always been a big Wilder fan but I couldnt believe how passive he was versus Parker. I think Zhang will coast to a similar points win, or maybe even a stoppage - but I hope I'm wrong.

Terrific fight between Ball and Ford.

Split decision win for Ball and it could have gone either way.

Great action between two contrasting styles, though Ford mixed up more than expected in the first half.

Inoue v Ball anybody?

Inoue far too sharp and clinical

I don't disagree, but it would be guaranteed action.

Yes. Absolute belter I reckon. Ball is not going to be beaten easily. I just think Inoue’s punch delivery and punch mechanics, as well as crispness and power will really hurt Ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Not a great night for the Matchroom stable. Very impressed with Sheeraz

I missed Sheeraz. Stoppage?

• Advertisement

cracking fight and a stoppage in tbe 11th so matchroom losing 6-0 now and need wilder and hrgovic stoppage to draw

Sheeraz tucks up so well and fights in close and at range and a left handed orthodox makes his jab more of a power shot, very interesting to watch

Advertisement