Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jabra 65t - £25 (Amazon Warehouse)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭opus

Guess they know about these particular items being problematic as they didn't want me to return them but told me to bin them. Refund arrived over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,402 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Few videos on YT showing how to replace the earbud batteries if you're so inclined. Bit of wiring and soldering involved.

Anyone want to have a go? They would be like new then...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭herrdood

Hi. At what point in the return process di Amazon ask you not to return. I wouldn't mind opening these up to see if can be repaired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

Mine arrived yesterday. Left earpiece doesn't work .. submitted return, but I have to return to get refund, so that part seems random.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭stoves1

Agree, they are obviously hoping people will not bother to send back, i am in the process of returning ( a pain) and i wont get refunded until some days after they recieve them back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭branners69

Mine DOA too. Got to keep them and refund on the way.

Saw this on Reddit:There is a known defect with the 65T ear bud batteries. Kept on the shelf too long as brand new, they drain down to 0 and cannot be charged when purchased.

Wonder if any of the electronic shops could do a job on them. Would be happy to sink a few euro into getting them working!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭smilgy

If anyone doesn't want to keep their broken ones after the refund, I'd like to have an attempt at repairing a set. Seems possible with a bit of effort, but probably not worth providing as a service..

Happy to pay the cost of postage!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006423150193.html?spm=a2g0n.productlist.0.0.25fb449fURyOQW&browser_id=aa2eeead2217413a8b9fa05bebe2933b&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=rguhpavzxmcautgd18fbb70cd3521b4958b1b80a37&gclid=&pdp_npi=4%40dis%21EUR%2118.82%219.41%21%21%2119.94%219.97%21%40210324f117168366830455088e5c86%2112000037112274128%21sea%21IE%210%21AB&algo_pvid=a094e1d7-f198-482a-b862-1995cd0bdc67

2 Zenipower batteries and tools from AliExpress <€12 incl shipping

You can also get "Varta" brand * but I read that the Zenipower might be more long-lasting.

Mine need to go back, something about 3rd-party seller via Warehouse, must be returned for refund.

As above, if anyone is binning them, I would also be grateful for a dud set. .

* they say Varta, but it's Aliexpress...

Post edited by Esel on

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 26 blackwrx

For the people who did not have to return them. Did you just go through the normal refund process? I have tried this with my set as they are dead but it is giving me the option to return with an post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭DopeTech

what good are they to you if they are dead? Just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 26 blackwrx

Just don't want the hassle of going to the post office if I don't have to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Mine arrived today and the left earbud was dead. I got onto customer care and said I wasn’t going to leave work early to go to the post office just because their warehouse should be doing a better job on checking items before they’re dispatched. She backed down and told me to dispose of them myself while issuing the refund.

Legend!

When can I expect them? 😉

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Missed my delivery yesterday, collected them from post office today and they will not charge.

I perservered and got through to a human in customer care, explained my dilema/anger and unwillingness to undertake another journey to the post office miles away. My refund is being sent back to my card and I can do what I wish with the item. For the sake of 12 euro I'll have a go at repairing them.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Invincible

My order delivered today,put them in Case and change until light stopped blinking. Tried to turn on,got a green light on left one,but couldnt get blue led on right one for pairing. Downloaded app,but no advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Most of us failed on the left earbud - perhaps we can get a working set - mine went back yesterday, Amazon insisted on return but credited me £5 for my efforts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

So ......I bought another set of these after returning my "like new" faulty set. Yes, I know, almost 100% failure rate from posters on here, but I'm the eternal optimist.

This time I went for an "acceptable" set for about £20. They arrived this morning and guess what - they work!

There were most certainly used, though, lost of scratches etc. No sign of ear detritus on the buds, however, maybe Amazon changed them?

Anyhoo, I gave the buds and case a good disinfecting with alcoholic before I used them. By chance, I looked into the speaker opening (with the buds removed) and both were full of a dried waxy-looking substance 🤮.

I'm no prude but I won't be sticking these into my lug hole, no matter how well I clean them. Back they go again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Has anyone received their refund? The earbuds I returned have not made it to Amazon yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Darby_321

Anyone else that doesnt need to return them and instead of throwing them out please give me a shout. Wouldnt mind opening them up and trying to fix them.

• Advertisement

I posted them last Thursday week, tracking shows delivered to Portlaoise that evening. I got on to Cs last Thursday evening about it, they said they would issue the refund and 5stg gift card for inconvenience. I got email yesterday to say refund has been delayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭opus

The dead pair I got are still sitting on my desk so all yours if you want them. I'd meant to toss them in the WEEE bin but forgot before I went on a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Doodah7

These will be the last earbuds of this type by Jabra as they are getting out of the game. Can't keep up with the R&D cost to compete with Samsung, Apple etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

The money was taken out of my account on 27-05 and refunded on the 29-05. The repair kit and batteries arrived yesterday from AliExpress, I'll drop them to the eldest lad he loves fixing that kind of stuff.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

I've chatted with them twice, promised refund on both occasions, no sign of it yet 😕.

….

Not your ornery onager

Smilgy and I asked earlier for any duds going spare. Only fair to go in order? 😀

Not your ornery onager

Turns out the second set of ear buds was also faulty. Even if I was willing to keep and use an obviously well-worn set of buds, the volume on one of them was much lower than the other (a common problem, apparently).

Instead of returning them to Amazon, I chanced my arm at getting a repair or replacement from Jabra. I lodged an online warranty claim and they initially wanted me to return the faulty set to Amazon but eventually greed to replace them with a new set. I had a choice of Elite 5 or 7, so I took the 7. I didn't have to return the old set. Very impressed with Jabra CS.

I'm fairly impressed by the Elite 7 but the 65T was a better fit - for my ears anyway.

After using the Elite 7 for a while, I think the audio quality on the 65T is better. Charging box on the 7 is much better, though, wireless charging, USB c, magnetic positioning of buds. Still great value for €20, or €0 if return the faulty buds to Amazon 😀 - which I won't do, still waiting on the refund for the first faulty set

Post edited by podge3 on

Got on to CS today again, but requested a call this time, assured me that account will be refunded within 24hr. Edit : Refunded to amazon account within couple of hours of speaking to agent.

Post edited by Invincible on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭stoves1

I sent them back on 27/5/2024, still no refund today 20/6/24, checked post office tracker , recieved in Portlaoise mail centre 29/5/24, so today contacted Amazon ( go to your orders, scroll down to , "something else" then "i need help" spoke to a person " oh yeah we will refund you to your Master card, "may take up to 5 days", dont think any refund would happen if i didnt contact them!

Advertisement