Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First spin

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Mad_Lad

Definitely get from a dealer, there's a lot of sh*te on donedeal and you won't pay much more for a decent bike from a dealer so I wouldn't bother buying private. I bought cheap on done deal, not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭dubal2008

Gerarda, why not pop along to Kildare Biker group, they have a meet up every Wednesday evening around Naas to Newbridge Road at Floods Cross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭RobertM

there's hidden gems on donedeal done deal too. Cant dismiss it when looking at a bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭gerarda

Fast forward to today, I've gotten well used to the bike now. I don't push it hard and never break speed limits. Still cuts out the odd time (my fault) bit not as much as it did at first. Really enjoying it and love the feel of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Is the cutting out definitely down to you?

When is it happening, when taking off or when shutting off the throttle?

What's the craic lad, how's the biking going for you ?

I have to say the tmax has given me a lot of practice and compared to day 1 I have improved considerably, I was out on the instructors CF Moto 700 CLX this afternoon for a 2 hr lesson and I could manage it fine even though I'm used to an automatic. He had a CBF600 before and I liked that a lot more to be honest.

I have to improve my shoulder look before signalling and moving, missed this a few times today. U-turn was fine.

I always had heard that the scooter doesn't give you as much control for the slow stuff without a clutch, U-Turns etc, that's nonsense, I find with both bikes that the rear brake is the thing that gives you the most control. The U-Turn on the tmax was hard in the beginning, it is a big tank of a yoke to be honest, never imagines scooters could be so big but it's a maxi so now I know, anyway, I went out a few times to the U-Turn location where the tester is going to take me and doing it on the tmax is no problem and I did it this afternoon on the CF moto too.

When doing slow turns the rear brake helps do it more smoothly, turning right at junctions I find using some rear brake helps a lot.

I've been doing a lot of 60+ Km runs and the longest was a long Wicklow tour around 160 Kms a few weeks ago. It Was great. The Tmax is very comfortable on long runs where as after 2 hrs on the CF moto today I wanted to get off and take a rest.

My test is next Friday !!!! 😯

Advertisement