Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Items in stores no longer available

Options
  • 27-05-2024 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Noticed a few items that seem to have disappeared from shelves, like TCP, imperial leather lines, liver salts. Is this because of brexit?, wars?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭nice bit of green

cauliflower. None in tesco, lidl or Dunnes today.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Zoot1530

Spuds may become rare too with the amount of rain recently

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭No Bills

Bars of SIMPLE soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭HorseSea

Pears soap, Germolene cream, Andrews.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,358 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Tuna cans have disappeared from local Lidl the past 6 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

My wife used to get Campbell's loose leaf tea. No longer available in Tesco or in avoca.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Steve27

TCP, Pears, Simple, Imperial Leather soaps can all be found in Dealz or Mr. Price. I got all three soaps in Boots recently enough. TCP I found at Dealz. Germolene is now called Bepanteseptic and can be found at any pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Foxes biscuits, nowhere near the selection of them available since Brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭HorseSea

Unfortunately Bepanteseptic is totally different, with different ingredients and far less effective (and more expensive) than Germolene. But thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Given how few of these are food items, might this topic be a better fit for Consumer Issues? Fwiw I suspect it's all very much Brexit related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Where is the country spring? And if we find that is there any Kandee ketchup on the go?

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭MakersMark

Condensed chicken soup!

Help me find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭samo

Tesco own brand malted milk seem to have vanished in recent weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭hibble

Razor blades. Not the cartridges, just the plain ordinary blades for a safety razor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SligoSean

TCP is made in France, so I'm not sure whether that scarcity is Brexit related.

It is hard to find here and I usually get some when I'm travelling through Heathrow, as they do it in Boots. I haven't seen it in Dealz, but I'll have a look next time I'm in, thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,369 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Double post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,369 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

SuperValu had Country Spring until very recently. Not sure if they still have it. I'll have a look next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,795 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

frozen avacado from Tesco. Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,795 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

haven’t seen a 54321 bar in a while too

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭herrdood

Frozen spinach in Aldi. Might be a seasonal thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Maggie Benson

Fry's Cocoa?

Pears Soap is available in Boots! i

• Registered Users Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I did a Google search and it “appears” to be in stock online at Tesco .ie but maybe if you’re actually on the website it could be out of stock .

Yes Avoca used to do it- have you tried Fallon and Byrne? They’re the only other shop I can think of that would have it - I don’t see it in their online store but might be in the shop.

A great tea so it is - if you like Campbells then Whittard Breakfast Tea is worth seeking out- Brown Thomas do a selection but I don’t think they include the breakfast tea which is a pity - blooming expensive but a great tea

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Cheers - the last two Tesco stores we were in did not seem to have it on display. Possibly a supply hiccup?

Worth noting that avoca charged quite a bit less for it - it is/was over €12 in Tesco, and about €8.50 in avoca, which you'd usually expect to be the dearer location.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I've noticed some quirks like that in Nolans in D3 (a good place to look for those kind of items) … I think for those kind of ambient goods they might still have old stock at old RRP.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Are you sure it was the tin in Avoca & not just the refill? I know the tin has always been over €10 whenever I saw it but that the refill for it was a good bit cheaper.

Tesco's will choose things for the shelves based on what sells well in the area - if it hasn't been there, it could be that they weren't selling a huge amount of it so thought it wasn't worth keeping the shelf space for.

i've bought the tin twice in avoca, i wonder was it a pricing error?

must ask my folks to check their tesco for the tea - the two places we tried are a relatively small one (omni in santry) and a big one (clearwater near finglas). my folks live near roselawn in d15.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

Colman's mustard powder

• Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Where have you looked?

I got some in Nolans D3.

Shows as in stock on Tesco site at the moment but don't know if that's valid.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/en-IE/products/262344785

It even warranted its own thread at one point:

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

Hasn't been on the shelves in any of my local supermarkets in over a year…..since Brexit, which I thought was the reason for it disappearing.

I'll check Nolan's next chance I'll get, thanks for the tip. Never ordered off Tesco online, seems a bit excessive for just one item. I'll have a read through that thread now, thanks for the link.

Edit: tried logging in on Tesco site to order it and it's showing as out of stock.

• Advertisement
Advertisement