Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary teacher suspended for 1 month

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Bizzare story.

Imagine destroying your entire teaching career before you've even fully qualified.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

D- must apply themselves more - if you’re going to forge peoples signatures at least make them look different 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

….

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

An extra month added to the summer holiday what

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it's not a one month suspension from a job in the way i might be suspended in my company - it's a one month suspension in his actual right to teach, as i understand? i.e. it's not specifically his employer who is suspending him here, but the governing body temporarily revoking his accreditation?

is that record available any time he applies for a job in future?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,979 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Surely this would be checked even if the signatures didn't look like they signed by the same person?

Hard to believe he'd have gotten away with it if he asked a couple of friends to sign it.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Kurooi

One month before this fine specimen goes into a classroom to inspire the new generation.

What a joke. Should be out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭animalinside

Forging a signature should get you suspended for at least a year, if not imprisoned for a year. Forging a signature should be considered a very grave thing. Suspended for a month is a holiday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

He wasn't properly registered with the TC so he cannot be paid from Department funds. They didn't state what the conditions are on his future registration - probably to complete the induction properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Write out 100 times “I must not….”- oh wait, that would hurt his hand and then there’d be a lawsuit 🤪

• Advertisement
Advertisement