Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Am confused - is Greg actually living in Babs gaf? Just the way he talked about getting a pair of runners upstairs it didn't seem so..

That press conference was farcical, you'd think that Damien would have his meetings re Laura's murder in the police station and not the community centre.

Writers seem to have forgotten about Carol's kidnapping, no sign of James either…

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Photobox

Ya no sign of James since he is getting married soon. I wonder will we have a wedding scene or will just be the afters or not shown at all..I can't see it being cancelled as Hayley knows everything so no big reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Deeec

Greg voluntarily moved out when Jess moved back in. We dont know where he is living now - wasnt mentioned as far as I remember.

I agree the press conference was really poor. I actually had a giggle watching it.

Yeah major crimes are just forgot about in fair city. Im beginning to think Lauras murder will be forgotten soon aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Deeec

The wedding ceromony will be held in the same room Lauras funeral was in. I know the reception is meant to be in a posh hotel down the country but no doubt something will happen where they have to cancel that. The reception will then be held in McCoys, the station or the community centre with a handful of guests. I can bet that none of Hayley or James siblings will be able to make the wedding either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭John arse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Greg moved out so that Jess didn’t have to sleep on the couch.

But when Victor came back into the family he was in the spare room with Greg. So surely there was still a room for Greg to stay there?

there is a den in that house that we never see, if they were stuck that could be a bedroom - say the scriptwriters don't know the layout of the house..

Say Victor is back in the sack with Babs, be better that they are 'together' for when Babs finds out about Victor's affair..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

And she will find out. And that'll be the end of that family in fair city.

There funding has been cut big time. I'm still waiting for them to axe at least 10 people from the show. So expect some departures in the coming few months

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Murt2024

I think its Dean who probably thought it was Fergal walking in the park or something with Fergal setting him up or some nonsense like that and explains why he left.

Or the Ram as she stepped on his flowers patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Yay good man greg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Damo should set up his own private detective agency, just needs to watch a few episodes of The Rockford Files for tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I was so hoping Zoe was gonna say that the guy hanging around looking shifty was Googly Eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Otis Hill

I think it's supposed to be a 3 bed house. Babs initially had one room to herself, Ruby and Jess were sharing and Greg and Victor were sharing while there was a nursery set aside for Jess' baby. Then Vic hopped back in with Babs and Jess went in with Greg.

But back at the height of the Bishops time on the show I'm pretty sure Eileen, Decco, Denzo, Zumo, Sash, Charlotte, Paddy and Vivienne all lived there at the same time so at a minimum I would have guessed it was a 5 bed back then which would make sense if the offscreen Den and what is now Taylors nursery were also used as bedrooms. Otherwise 3 bedrooms for 8 people would be pushing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Otis Hill

I thought she was going to stitch Fergal up for the murder and then be dismissed as holding a grudge over the doxing he did on her.

I actually find it ridiculous that they can't use the Garda Station set which they definitely have. Buckley and Ronan were discussing key aspects of the case right in front of Veronica/Fran in the community centre. And then when Zoe calls Buckley she asks to meet in McCoys to give a statement for a murder investigation. Even if its an informal statement, it was really unprofessional of Buckley to agree to meet her in McCoy's. The whole town knows he's investigating Laura's murder so anyone he's seen talking to in public could be perceived as a witness or a suspect. Case in point, Damo marching straight over to Zoe after he saw her with Buckley.

Post edited by Otis Hill on

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm glad Greg set Jess straight, they were done as a couple, she did dump him for Steo

Steo could discover Victor's affair with Kira, overhear a conversation if still working in The Station

I dont know how to feel about Greg rejecting her, I think maybe later on he might give them another go … its a bit too quick/soon though for Jess to start talking about getting back with him its barely 5 minutes she went off with Steo .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭threetrees

Dolores and her business expertise? I don't think so! One spreadsheet for a cafe and she can analyse and decide if it's a good investment. Daft!

look at ol Neanderthal knuckle dragger damo shouting at Mairead she should say to him "look you ignorant bar steward I know your upset but dont you ever shout at me like that in public ever again - cop yourself on!"

I feel like Damo is going burst, he goes so red, have a panic attack, heart attack or stroke

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Photobox

James Patrice's mother Veronica? Was wearing some psychedelic cardigan tonight 😎. Couldn't imagine drinking alcohol before going shopping, would certainly dull the senses. I think I prefer the storyline of Mairead and Damien having fun with some sex toys than him shouting and roaring with a big red face at everyone. I can't hack Jess, Steo and Babs bickering again. Its just rinse and repeat. Yawn central.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Zoe mentioned "the night Laura was killed". But I thought this wasn't known, just that Laura was killed some time in January after she returned to Ireland.

Another thing is how she ended up back in the middle of Carrigstown without even a single sighting of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭threetrees

Did they not say she came back for Damo's birthday? Last time phone active or something, so they were able to pinpoint the day she died?

However, how would Zoe remember a random suspicious man and give a description on a specific date 4 months ago? Bonkers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Yeah, noticed that too. How did Zoe know what night Laura was killed?

Perhaps herself and her psycho killer father Dermot killed her

Post edited by littlevillage on

Suppose Buckley is supposed to be the new Yates.. trying to be such a high-class/cool detective answering the phone as 'Buckley'; surely most of the investigation would not happen in the pub/spar/community centre. Daft the way Mark has legged it; surely he'd hang around for his sisters' murder inquiry.

Looks like Vinos is in trouble, totally out of the blue. Who actually works there apart from Paul; they don't seem to have a chef..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Its good to see Paul back. Himself and Pete are the best actors in Fair city. They even craftily avoided a casual eavesdrop from Ray (twice). Imagine if other characters were to pick up on that skill, there would be literally NO movement of any storyline 😊

Post edited by littlevillage on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

The current story lines are a load of bollox.

Stupid murder storyline about someone who hasn't been seen for years. Damien who thinks he's some kind of Liam Neeson charachter and Guards holding interviews in pubs and shops.

FFS Have the script writers totally lost the plot.

Did Zoe ring Buckley's mobile, surely she would ring the Garda station

Has there been any mention of Wayne, his mother separated, getting divorced and his best mate's sister murder, you'd think he would ring at least

Orla I presume missing as back in the shed for the actress, was she not helping Dolores at the garage, she should cope to the strange closeness between Pete and Paul all suddenly, did Paul and Orla miss Laura's funeral?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Barbie2k23

I wonder is Zoe the killer since she’s leaving it soon to have her baby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Sparko

Maybe they'll just swap her back to the blonde Zoe while the brunette is on maternity leave 😂

Advertisement