Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭SharkMX

How do you speak to someone in pinergy. Im trying to contact them about an incorrect bill for a week now. Watson is a cntish piece of crap. Its impossible to get to speak to a human.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Try email customerservices@pinergy.ie, they respond reasonably quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Just downloaded the HDF file and notice that there is no export recorded prior to the 10th April whereas all import is recorded since the meter went live.

Should I presume this will be rectified is due course and that the meter stores this data?

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Yes.

Energypal.ie state there is a currently an issue with the HDF files.

I got through straight away to human calling pinergy (after the 3 selections) at 11am today.

He was good at saying what I wanted to hear. Advised to send info to the customer services email.

Regarding the shortfall in export, they also seems to under report import. So they partly cancel each other out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭curioustony

Let's hope they have a backup... If they don't will we be paid deemed?

My feed in is zeroed from 15-04-22 to 09-04-24, the last few days are ok, from the 10th

Because the data is a bit flakey, eventually consistent, I replace with the latest HDF. Need to add a backup option.

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

I never heard back from Pinergy customer services email. The shortfall in March has been made up in April, so the FIT payments for the 2 months combined is near enough correct. Within a euro by my calculations.

Not sure if just me but something dodgy is happening with the meter values and the data on the ESBN portal.

Due to the wrong FIT numbers last month, 27kwh paid less than what ESBN data says, I took a photo of the meter at 00:00 on 1st April and at 00:00 1st May.

1st April = 1313kwh

1st May = 2260kwh

So April export at the meter is (2260-1313), 947kwh.

Data from HDF file says 900kwh and FIT payment is spot on for 900kwh from pinergy but wrong again (for different reason)

My shelly is also reporting about 940kwh exported so close enough to reality.

74kwh unpaid for and keeps going up, I'm not happy about it, the import is always 100% because of course it is. This keeps going on we're all losing serious money over the course of a year.

Guess we're going back to taking photos of the meter with a newspaper beside it ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The default is deemed, I don't see why they can't just use the readings for export the same as import though

Mystery solved, esbn export for 15th of April 5kwh, actual export that day 43kwh, bastards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Niceday20

@SD_DRACULA …. I think if you look back (but not sure which thread) others stated that ESBN had "lost" the export figures and had to recover them.

If I look at my own HDF file, there are only two export entries for 15 April totaling 0, and 48 import entries. Looking at other dates, my HDF file shows 48 export and 48 imports on other days, so there is definitely data missing.

The question is what data does ESBN give to the suppliers and is it the same as the HDF data. (I am with Energia and their data, which does not include export, is typically only one day behind, whereas the ESBN HDF can be multiple days out)

If your bill comes in short, I would challenge it.

I have the same, just 2 export entries for the 15th, at 00:30 & 01:00. Export to grid that day was about 36kWh

I phoned ESBN asking what's the story with the wrong data and they told me to send them the photos of the meter, but it's a joke to even have to entertain this to be honest.

From ESBN FAQ section. I see some of you are already aware of this.

I have a smart meter but some days I am provided with deemed export. Why is this?

Where ESB Networks cannot read your meter to record smart export quantities, over a period of 8 days, we will provide deemed export quantities to your supplier in their place. Your supplier is aware of instances where deemed export quantities are provided in respect of your MPRN (Meter Point Reference Number) and the scenarios in which deemed quantities are provided and can explain these to you.

My export quantities seem to differ from the ESB Networks HDF file and what my smart meter shows. Why is this?

Where ESB Networks cannot read your meter to record smart export quantities, over a period of 8 days, we will provide deemed export quantities to your supplier in their place. The design of the interim microgeneration scheme is such that deemed export quantities will not be replaced by actual values. This means that, in instances where deemed quantities have been sent to your supplier, there will be a discrepancy between the data used for remuneration and the data recorded on the smart meter, or on the ESB Networks HDF files.

I think that might be right, pinergy finally got back to me and they said this (this was for March values)

We believe that the difference is because ESB sent over estimated reads and we didn't receive the actual reads until after the bill was calculated. 
    They are currently calculating the difference and once they have an amount, they will advise how to get it to you.

But this is not what happened for April, data is simply missing for the 15th and this was sent to pinergy and they paid for the exact value of the hdf

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mario101

I apologize if this was answered before, but was unable to find it..

Does anyone now what the export cap is for various providers? or is it set by ESBN?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭idc

There is no export Cap. The only limitation is size of inverter. For single phase on NC6 its 25 amp

https://www.esbnetworks.ie/new-connections/generator-connections-group/micro-generators-

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'm missing export data for the 15th too. I know ESB had an issue with exports around that time but it has been resolved, except for the 15th for me. It's a day I generated around 28kWh too! Import is fine for that day and exports that were missing due to the glitch on ESB website are all fine now.

Also just a heads up, for those new to solar exports might not exactly line up with your billing date. My last bill is missing around 45kWh compared to my HDF file but Energia show what dates they use exports and it was 4-5 days behind the billing window itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

Not sure how they do it, looks random.

For March it didn't match the HDF, but for February and April it was 100% what the month total was in the HDF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭PressTheButton

Also missing export data from ESBN HDF file for 15 April 2024.

SolisCloud app calculates 22.43kWh was exported to grid on that date.

myenergi app calculates 22.6kWh was exported to grid on that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭fuse

When do SSE make their FIT payments?
    I remember reading somewhere it was May & November?
    Has anyone received them? I logged into my SSE account but could see no reference or figures around FIT…

Also do they pay it out or just credit your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

I'm glad you brought this up as I was wondering exactly the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭alexf1

SSE calculate it in May and November. It’ll either come in as credit or as a payment in June and December.

Also, SSE lowering their charges but also their FIT rates from July 1st to 19.5cent/kWh.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭fuse

Is it just me or everyone with FIT doesn't want any unit prices to go down and use as an excuse to cut FIT?

A cut to rates would have no affect on my fixed deal but a cut to FIT could reduce the amount of credit I receive over the remaining life of the deal (10 months).

I say could and not would as there's nothing stopping me moving to another supplier...but the cynic in me thinks they'll all follow suit.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I'd rather a cheaper night rate than a high FIT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

• Advertisement

I guess it depends on circumstances i.e. whether you have a battery, EV, all electric house & consumption.

My own all electric house has only consumed 40kWh this week »» 25kWh of which was imported. I've no battery or EV so opt to export the excess, in this case I exported 75kWh this week. A disappointing figure tbh as has been May in general.

A low night rate in my case wouldn't be much use when I only use circa. 2kWh during that period. I prefer to sweat the asset to see how much credit can be built up before the onset of winter.

Advertisement